Organic Pineapple Express 2.0, Purps #1: Hydro Triple Cheese, Blue Dream

AtmozFear

These are all in the flower phase, in the flower room

TLO:
(front, left to right) Dinafem - Purps #1, G13 Labs - Pineapple Express 2.0, Reserva Privada - Sour Diesel (I will be excluding the Sour Diesel from all discussions because it is such a weak strain; needless to say will never buy a seed from them again)

Hydro RDWC:
(back, left) Barney's Farm - Triple Cheese
(back, right) Blimburn - Blue Dream
DSC01238.JPG

These are my ingredients- note all ingredients are solids, as NO LIQUID NUTES are used in my TLO containers:
DSC01235.JPG

All soil is built with coco coir as the main medium

(left column) global mixture, meaning mixed together into and throughout the whole container: oyster flour, greensand, feather meal, fish meal, fish bone meal

(bottom row) compost tea- fish meal, fish bone meal, bat guano

(top row) spike additive- 1/2 fish bone meal, 1/2 bat guano
2 spikes per plant, each spike two tablespoons of this mixture

Lighting: (left to right) 125w CFL, 600w HPS, 400w 6000k (very blue) MH:
DSC01253.JPG

I have four rooted, established clones of Pineapple Express 2.0
and one rooted, established clone of Purps #1 (all in the veg room, located beneath the basement stairs)

(I would rather include pics of these in a couple days, when they are more healthy looking... they are all in the veg room which you will love when you see some pics, as it is located under the basement stairs, nice and snug)

This will be a perpetual journal, too
I will include many pics all throughout

Welcome!!

Attachments

• DSC01238.JPG
    DSC01238.JPG
    546.3 KB · Views: 453
Thanks. Since I have so much space, I am able to shine multiple lights from different angles, which in turn allows me to flower without topping or FIM'ing at all because I am able to illuminate the side shoots. I've been growing for eight years and never top or FIM anymore, in part because this causes stress and breaks up momentum. I like to hit the ground running when it's time to flip. I realize the flip is, in itself, causing stress but this way there are no hurdles before the baton is passed... LOL corny metaphor

Idk if you saw the end of my intro post, but l said I didn't want to show my clones yet, even though they're not only root-ing, but they are root-ed in the soil... I made the mistake of taking too small of cuttings- yes smaller clones show roots faster than bigger ones, but they fry the shit outta themselves by sucking out ALL the green... very hard to hang onto, but I actually did, but two of them look like little helicopters because all the leaves it went into the chamber with are used and gone... only the two new sets are left. They will take a minute to get on a roll. The other three are going strong, but they are all on the same big dish and just kinda obsessively want to get them all together.

Hasn't even cleared its throat yet... 5 1/2 weeks into flower!!
DSC01256.JPG

DSC01257.JPG

These are the clones I didn't want to show; refer to earlier comments I made about taking small cuttings, above^^^
DSC01259.JPG

Once again, front, left to right: Purps #1, Pineapple Express 2.0, Sour Diesel
(Pineapple Express "2.0" is the real thing, just recently upgraded by G13 seeds, who has done some back-crossing it to make it more resistant to moisture and mold)
DSC01258.JPG

All tied up:
DSC01260.JPG

DSC01261.JPG

I have turned off the central AC into the house and it is a little warm, but here is something I have never read or been told but figured out on my own (partially because I also build PC's and am familiar with heat sinks)... more leaves mean more surface area for heat to dissipate from the plants... it is also essential to have high air flow from a fan.

Attachments

• DSC01256.JPG
    DSC01256.JPG
    504.9 KB · Views: 177
  • DSC01257.JPG
    DSC01257.JPG
    672.7 KB · Views: 182
  • DSC01259.JPG
    DSC01259.JPG
    501 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC01259.JPG
    DSC01259.JPG
    501 KB · Views: 175
Hasn't even cleared its throat yet... 5 1/2 weeks into flower!!
DSC01256.JPG

DSC01257.JPG

These are the clones I didn't want to show; refer to earlier comments I made about taking small cuttings, above^^^
DSC01259.JPG

Once again, front, left to right: Purps #1, Pineapple Express 2.0, Sour Diesel
(Pineapple Express "2.0" is the real thing, just recently upgraded by G13 seeds, who has done some back-crossing it to make it more resistant to moisture and mold)
DSC01258.JPG

All tied up:
DSC01260.JPG

DSC01261.JPG

I have turned off the central AC into the house and it is a little warm, but here is something I have never read or been told but figured out on my own (partially because I also build PC's and am familiar with heat sinks)... more leaves mean more surface area for heat to dissipate from the plants... it is also essential to have high air flow from a fan.

Yo whats up buddy :passitleft:
Looking Very NICE

I wish I could grow them tall NATURES WAY

Sadly im in a tent so 3' of green is all I can get away with :( However I did not top them this last run
and did major LST and SCROG so stress from that will be part of the final numbers

Also I agree the Leafs (Solar panels) are needed but must admit never tied it to HEAT STRESS
so thank you for planting that seed in my Brain :goodjob:

The pistils started to wither on the Triple Cheese (left)... I am still experimenting on when is the best time to defoliate. The pistils are still standing up straight on the Blue Dream (right). Both are about 2-3 weeks out from harvest (I don't pay any attention to the recommended flower time, I judge by when, to the trained eye, they start to self-compact... they do this as they build new calyxes. I harvested three Gorilla Glue's a couple weeks ago after the first self-compacting. Flowers do this several times, but I harvested the Gorilla Glue's after the first one (a bit premature), in order not to lose any of the cerebral effects of the trichomes before they degrade too much.

So, like I said, the pistils are still all white on both plants, but they have withered on the Triple Cheese and are still standing up straight on the Blue Dream. I defoliated both. I figured ultimately that I want the plant to concentrate on sucking the green out of the leaves protruding from the buds, not big fan leaves, at this point.

DSC01268.JPG

DSC01269.JPG

This particular pic, Blue Dream on left, Triple Cheese on right:
DSC01270.JPG

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom