Organic soil yield to pot size & lighting?

HigherTheHigh

So im growing organically and id like to know what the outcome is for yield on others experiences, my setup is:

- 12L Fabric pots (50L bag filled 4 perfect but iv added a further 1L today & plan to add another 1-2L once lower branches grow)

- 80% Canna Professional Plus with 20% BioBizz All Mix topped off

- 8 weeks veg (no topping, just took and weave)

- BioBizz Bio-Grow, Fish Mix, Bloom & Top Max, few little sideline organic nutes but nothing major

- co2 (6kg bottle with regulator)

- 600w hps (goal for the 600w is 5oz per plant) or 1000w hps (goal for the 1000w is 7oz per plant)

Strains im growing are:

- Sweet Zkittlez Cannabis Seeds

- Sherbet Queen Cannabis Seeds

- Legendary Punch ⭐ Cannabis Seeds

- Purple Queen Cannabis Seeds

So like you can see my setup is there but i need to know if its doable, my life consists of challenging myself, if i dont try and better myself i feel useless.

My plan is to place them in a 4x4 tent, let them grow to 12" tall and place a screen at that height, slowly bend the main stem over at 12" and hope for a true even canopy, similar to a scrog but not a scrog, the usual of lolly popping them at around 3 weeks into flower once the initial stretch is over, im also growing the new line up of strains from Royal Queen Seeds and the yield is apparently quite good with others outcomes.

There currently under 400w MH light :).

There are a good 2 weeks old today and there coming along great, i plan to veg for a further 6 weeks so by then i imagine they will be quite the size, im actually getting better results in organic soil than i did in coco with a million supplements :laughtwo:.

They look a little droopy as iv just gave them a good watering.

I think you will like this organic grow. Once you see the results here, I will challenge you to go to the next level, true living organic. There you will be able to get rid of all the expensive nutes and learn how to build soils that all you have to add is water and not worry about pH. Then you can go on from there, and learn how to use TLO along with natural home made fertilizers to supercharge your organic grow. Good luck @higherthehigh! There is always something new to learn! It sounds like you have all your ducks in a row and are ready to at least shoot for your 5oz per, but know that is a huge goal for a 3 gal container and to do that, everything is going to have to go perfectly and I believe that you are going to have to heavily train your plants on that screen and maybe spend some extra time in veg.
Is this grow one of your current journals? I would like to follow along and see how you do!

Hello @Emilya and thanks for your response!

Yes its my current grow journal under in my signiture as New RQS Strains :).

I was concerned over the post size and wondered if i just place these fabric pots into 20-25L pots or would i have to take them off?

Iv used fabric for a while now and when i stack them side by side they end up growing though each other, i can maybe get some new pots tomorrow and get them to 25L pots if that will work, i will keep tucking and weaving but the speed there going at right now i think 12" will come in the next 2-3 weeks then i just plan to bend but not snap the main stem and keep tying them down as with the other branches too, up to now they have 4-5 nodes giving me 10 branches so another 5-6 weeks i should have triple that i would of thought then the main stem which i hope will be a big size :).

I must say i dont really mind adding the other ingredients in as iv got a member that follows along on my organic O.G. Kush grow that uses the terra plus and he said its great, when i was in coco i was using upwards of 10+ nutrient line ups and believe me when i say it iv never tasted any of my strains true flavours, so my O.G. Kush im growing organically now will be the first time in the 3 years of growing i will get a true taste :).

my O.G. Kush im growing organically now will be the first time in the 3 years of growing i will get a true taste
You will definitely notice the difference! I don't think I know anyone who experienced this and then decided to go back to synthetic nutes. Compare the taste of homegrown tomatoes to those hydroponic imitations they sell in the grocery store. It is exactly like that.

If you're using anything less than 15 Gallon fabric pots then you will need to feed your plants bioavailable nutrients, basically bottle feeding.

If you want a true 100% organic grow in Living Soil where you just grow soil and let the soil grow the plants then you would need to start growing your soil first, this process could take anywhere from just a few weeks to several months depending on how you go about it.
And you need to be in at least 15 gallon fabric pots, I prefer 25 gallon as I see that as my minimum for a proper little ecosystem to flourish.

I average about 9 oz per plant growing 100% organic no-till using a SCROG and 600w of LED lighting.
My next light which I am going to build myself will only be about 380w but because it's so much more efficient should deliver the same or higher Photon density as my current 600w set up.

If you're using anything less than 15 Gallon fabric pots then you will need to feed your plants bioavailable nutrients, basically bottle feeding.

If you want a true 100% organic grow in Living Soil where you just grow soil and let the soil grow the plants then you would need to start growing your soil first, this process could take anywhere from just a few weeks to several months depending on how you go about it.
And you need to be in at least 15 gallon fabric pots, I prefer 25 gallon as I see that as my minimum for a proper little ecosystem to flourish.

I average about 9 oz per plant growing 100% organic no-till using a SCROG and 600w of LED lighting.
My next light which I am going to build myself will only be about 380w but because it's so much more efficient should deliver the same or higher Photon density as my current 600w set up.
I beg to differ. I run a TLO operation and greatly enjoy what I can accomplish in as small as 3 gallon containers. It is true that a larger container makes this a lot easier, but by using good LOS techniques such as AACT, it is totally possible to get a good living ecosystem in a 3 gallon... my current harvest bears this out.

I beg to differ. I run a TLO operation and greatly enjoy what I can accomplish in as small as 3 gallon containers. It is true that a larger container makes this a lot easier, but by using good LOS techniques such as AACT, it is totally possible to get a good living ecosystem in a 3 gallon... my current harvest bears this out.
I think what you consider true Living Organic Soil is completely different than what I consider to be LOS.
And why on Earth make it harder on yourself or the plants by trying to squeeze every last thing out of such a small pot?
Yes you can feed your plants compost tea to get the needed nutrients and its organic as long as you use the right organic ingredients for your teas but it's not really a true Living Organic Soil where the worms and bugs and microorganisms are what's feeding your plant.
And a 3 gallon pot leaves zero room for any kind of buffer, just makes it more difficult for no real reason unless you simply don't have the space.

but it's not really a true Living Organic Soil where the worms and bugs and microorganisms are what's feeding your plant.
Sorry, but you are dead wrong. Maybe you should get to know someone before summarily dismissing what they have to say. What exactly makes your LOS superior? My supersoil and compost bin have living earthworms in it, and oftentimes I will find a fully grown worm living in my final containers. None of my teas have the liquid soluble nutrients necessary to keep the plants alive, much less to look like my plants do, it is the microlife that I brew in my AACT that accomplish that task. You stating that I "feed my plants compost tea" is a total misunderstanding of what a true living actively aerated compost tea is all about. The nutrients that are brewed are to feed the microlife and cause those most beneficial to thrive in the tea before applying it to the soil. An AACT is not a feeding per say, it is an inoculation of LIVING microlife. By using layers and spike and nutrient zone within the container, I do a pretty good job supplying the nutrients that the microlife and plants need even in a small container, and I dare say that my 6 year old living super soil is just as alive as anything any LOSer has, because it comes right out of my compost bin.
I invite you to check out my current grow and maybe learn a little bit more about TLO, AACT and truly natural fertilizers.

Now where did I say it was superior?
You're far too defensive over me simply saying your definition of LOS is different than mine, which it clearly is.

We're done here.
You didn't... but you are implying that my method is not a living organic soil, but whether it is cultured over time without added teas or the process short circuited by adding AACT, we are both doing the same thing essentially. The way I am doing it allows for smaller containers, whereas yours doesn't. My question should have been, what exactly makes your method desirable, if it needs such large containers to accomplish? How is this in the range of the small container tent grower?
All I was doing was debating your assertion that without using a huge container, you couldn't possibly be doing a living organic soil grow. I think we both are. So, I apologize if I ruffled your fur a bit but I am not being defensive; I am trying to be clear. My point which you have tried to deflect is that contrary to your assertion, a proper AACT is not designed to feed the plants, but that is a common misunderstanding about what I am doing compared to a typical compost tea. I accomplish what you have in your living soil, in record time, by actively breeding the microlife that you claimed I do not have.
Just defending the TLOSers! (sorry about that up above too, with that LOSers quip.... I didn't realize how it looked when I typed it. No offense was intended with that one. ) Have a great day Nunyabiz... :peace::love:

Personally to me TLO is just the name of a book. LOS is reference to the medium itself, and no-till would be reference to my preferred style of growing.

Some people see the definitions differently, but on some level we’re all talking about the same thing, a living soil.

There’s thousands of little variations that changes how each of us accomplished ours personally, but it’s still all living soil were talking about, no need to get caught up on the minor definition differences.

As to the yield to pot size to lighting question. There’s no simple formula, each strain is so different on its own. I simply veg my plants to a size I’m happy with, then throw to flower.

Back
Top Bottom