Organic soil

Wow man this thread is cool. I'm of course organic soil. I keep re-using the same soil over and over and over and plants keep growing bigger and better all the time.

No all I use is water and foiler on an IPM "usually" 1x a week.

So "hot" soil is a good term to use. We all understand what that means.

Soil has a lot of nutrients.

The term "hot" came about in composting when the compost heap was actually heating up to say 150F while the soil microbes are digesting the excess Nitrogen in the compost heap from the manure they used in the heap.

So there's 2 reasons or meaning to the term "hot" soil and they are used interchangeably.

Hot = too much N
Hot = soil temps are up due to composting/micro-organism activity

Both of these situations give the same result = burned roots.

Young plants wont make it thru either situation.

"Cooking soil" is letting the soil sit fallow so the soil organisms compost some of the SOM (soil organic matter) so that the SOM becomes soluble, a form along with water that the plant can uptake thru its roots.

Bottled nutrients are skipping this last step in the organic soil process and skip right to soluble nutrients.

To answer your question about the brand of fertilizer called "general organics"

Positively NO

Add to that, the parent company that owns General Organics is Monsanto/Scotts those same fine <spit> folks that brought us Round Up and GMO Round up Ready Corn. The very same company that will likely try and "save" the cannabis industry from all us local farmers.

Track record already in place. You like how our industrial farms are working for us? Support them and buy their products.

If not, invest in sanity and support your local worm colony.
You will taste the difference.

Yer welcome.

Edit - I run no-till organic soil. On my 20 something round same soil. Lost count. After a few runs all I do is water and IPM 1x weekly.

I grow in a Coots style soil recipe. You will find that if you want to grow organically you need to compost and make your own soil, or find someone that composts and will sell or share vermi-compost with you.

It's the humus portion of the soil recipe that is the most important.

Nun is correct as to container size when dealing with a living soil that needs nothing but water and the soil is carefully kept alive. It is possible however to grow in significantly smaller containers when using a super soil as part of the container pack. Super soil, like the one you are considering using along with your FFOF would be a very good way to go. Forget GO and their go pack... you don't need to spend that money and get in bed with those folks. Forget pH, and know that if you do this correctly from the very start, you will never have to worry about it.
I recommend, 5 gallon containers, and the living soil as the bottom third and FFOF as the top 2/3s. Don't start off in those 5 gallon containers either... start off in solo cups, graduate up to 1 gallon or so, and then your 5 gallon. Learn to water correctly by reading my piece on proper watering.
Then, the magic. I am now recommending a new product for foolproof organic grows using a strong living soil mix such as suggested. Look up RealGrowers Recharge. This is a professional strength microbial superpack that you can apply once a week-10 days to take the place of compost teas and all the other things organic growers are known to do. Between the good soil, the microbes and your good water, your plants will never want for anything else and you will have an outstanding grow. Growing this weed does not need to be any more complicated or expensive than this. Feeding out of a bottle is for those who don't know any better.
Thanks Em, I went to the Realgrowers Recharge site and have them sending free samples to my local hydro store.

Add to that, the parent company that owns General Organics is Monsanto/Scotts those same fine <spit> folks that brought us Round Up and GMO Round up Ready Corn. The very same company that will likely try and "save" the cannabis industry from all us local farmers.

Hopefully, with all these millionbillion dollar court cases bayermonsaton will soon be gone lol

I germ in Stonington blend super soil,

Is that from Coast of Main??? Wait, yes it is! lol :passitleft:

Good stuff I use the lobster compost mixed with my own vermi-compost.

Green green green... until purple and orange!

Back
Top Bottom