Organic vs Synthetic Nutes

derek910

Right now I’ve been using FoxFarm Happy Frogg and Ocean Forest Soil with the FoxFarm Trio with Open Sesame, Beastie, and Cha Ching. I believe the soil is with organic nutes like bat guano and worm castings and I believe the nutes are synthetic. I’ve looked into organic nutes like Earth Juice. It comes with 5 different nutrient bottles. My question is would using the Earth Juice nutes with the FoxFarm soils be considered organic weed? Or would I have to make the living soil mixtures and make teas and all that? I’ve been growing with the synthetic nutes for about 3 years with good results, but I’d like to try my hand at organic. I appreciate any knowledge shared.

you are almost on the right track, but not quite. If you wish to spend a lot more than you should have to for this organic grow, you can go with the Earth Juice and it will be an organic grow, out of a bottle, but instead of the plants making the decisions as to what nutrients they need, you will be force feeding them according to a schedule.

To do this correctly though, you have to mineralize that soil and then instead of feeding the plants, you put microbes in the soil to take care of that feeding for you. You feed the microbes and keep their population up, and they will take care of the plants. There are several ways to mineralize a soil. Look into a product called earth dust. Or, you can actually buy living super soil these days online and put that in the bottom third of your container with ffOF on the top, and with this living soil, along with active microbes, you can then get by without pH adjusting and using only water... no nutes. You can even get away from having to brew up compost teas these days by getting products such as Voodoo Juice, URB or RealGrowers Recharge, which are pure microbial innoculations to bring your soil life up to where it needs to be. Recharge is quite cheap, and with the ability to reuse supersoil several times as well as put used soil (your FFOF too) into a compost bin and then remineralize it with Earth Dust or the raw minerals. Organic over time, not out of a bottle, is the cheapest way to grow pot and many believe is the way to get the very best quality. If you follow my current grow and my last one, you will learn how to use the layering/spiking method to mineralize a container and how to use supersoil as a base layer. This grow I am proving that we can use Recharge and not have to ever brew a compost tea.

Back
Top Bottom