Organica Raided - Venice, CA

thecyberartis

At around 1pm today, Organica (located in Culver City proper but Marina Del Rey zip code) was raided today. I was across the street at Costco when the LA Channel 7 helicopter parked itself 400 ft over my car. Culver City Police Department had two officers blocking the parking lot and 4 minivans (more economical than SUV's - how ECO of the DEA) were mishappenly parked from the street into the parking lot with their doors open. No activity outside but one guess as to what was happening inside. There were no activists and it was pretty low key other than the Ch 7 news helicopter.

From what I've read on multiple sites, the place was ok to go to but not up to par when checking and validating patient ID's. Oh, and the owners vehicles exactly those that would be driven by the operator of a not for profit entity... his pick up is only a few inches short of being a monster truck! Seriously, if there is a serious movement to legalize, why are idiots flaunting what they make off of patients and so lax on their verification process?

there are so many clubs that used a loop hole in the wording of the law covering dispenceries that a lot of people open shop with no regard for the medical end of the movement they only want profits for them selves.it is a sad state of mind.i only hope that san matoe county uses this as a example as they allow coops and dispenceries here,we currently have 4 i beleave and they are mostly near police substations.i can only hope we dont get the kaos that L.A. has

There is no such thing as nonprofit. When owners and workers get highly paid, thats not nonprofit. But in the case of dispensaries, there's no reason for them to be nonprofit. A pharmacy isn't nonprofit so why should a dispensary be.

i have no problem with a business making a profit.if someone feels the need to rub there greediness in others faces then dont do buisness there.i only do buisness with small coops they seem to have more compassion.but this is just my opinion

i'm a bit confused as to why people would be so quick to assume wrong doing on the part of dispensaries based only on the fact that they were raided. i'm for not assuming guilt until something is proved in a court and even then lets not forget all the injustices done in past cases.

I have been living with cancer for many years and I don't think that smoking chemically grown indoor pot is good for anyones health. The wide range of pesticide products repeatedly sprayed on the plant is not only systemically uptaken but residual is collected and preserved on the greasy buds along with every bacteria, chemical and pollutant in its sealed room and recirculated by fans for months at a time. If you think the guy selling "green " and "diesel" is a caring and compassionate pharmacist manufacturing products for your benefit, you are naive. Most of the products in dispenserys are a health hazard. I would only ingest clean natural outdoor plants whose strains have been developed in a controlled clean environment with scientific techniques. "Medical Marijuana Dispensarys" are selling products that have no quality control and even the ones who claim that they are doing qualatative analysis are not working out of legitimate calibrated or standardized testing labs.

So for self preservation, I have a farm where I do research with collective members, most of us have a scientific background in plant science.

those are just names to sell the stuff....

you sir might be naive, not all inside cannabis is chemically grown, most that grow for themselves go with organic, inside or out. some people pump outside plants full of fertilizer as well, it all depends on the grower, everyone is different...

i can tell you indoor organic is great ;) pure cannabis.

From a medical and scientific standpoint, the growing methods of indoor gardners are assumed to be in a confined space of questionable air quality, airborne comtaminants settle on the buds, a high incidence of insect pests and not quality assured before sale to the public. Due to the fact that the products sold in dispensaries are "medical", it is unfortunate there are no quality controls or analysis that guaranty the bud you are smoking was not sprayed with pesticides. Insects and mold are a common occurance indoors and Raid mixed with Aspergillis is not good for you. If outdoor growers use chemical fertilizers they are food grade and not typically follier fed. You are right, it depends on the grower, whoever that is. It just depends on how much you care about what you put in your body. You are also right, the names given to the products in the shops are completely erroneous as you can lable it anything you want. As a medical patient, I don't want to ingest anything called green or diesel. I want really good quality with no harmful chemicals and it makes me feel better. Hello, it's supposed to be about medicine. Cheers

You are also right, the names given to the products in the shops are completely erroneous as you can lable it anything you want. As a medical patient, I don't want to ingest anything called green crack or sour diesel.

jumbo shrimp?

I agree on you with the quality control,
but if you grow your own, you know what goes into it.
:peace:

The thing that bugs me about it being illegal on the fed level... is why then do they have to pay taxes on it???? I mean it is for non profit and the government does not recognize it as medicinal.

Also... if it is not for profit... how can it be taxed at the state level????

Kinda mixed up aint it???

From a medical and scientific standpoint, the growing methods of indoor gardners are assumed to be in a confined space of questionable air quality, airborne comtaminants settle on the buds, a high incidence of insect pests and not quality assured before sale to the public. Due to the fact that the products sold in dispensaries are "medical", it is unfortunate there are no quality controls or analysis that guaranty the bud you are smoking was not sprayed with pesticides. Insects and mold are a common occurance indoors and Raid mixed with Aspergillis is not good for you. If outdoor growers use chemical fertilizers they are food grade and not typically follier fed. You are right, it depends on the grower, whoever that is. It just depends on how much you care about what you put in your body. You are also right, the names given to the products in the shops are completely erroneous as you can lable it anything you want. As a medical patient, I don't want to ingest anything called green or diesel. I want really good quality with no harmful chemicals and it makes me feel better. Hello, it's supposed to be about medicine. Cheers

I grew NYC Diesel, and I have to ask, had, I grown those plants using organic nutes, with filtered air systems, and no pesticides, what inherently makes the Diesel strains so bad? Surely you aren't saying they are genetically given to create harmful chemicals, are you?

Tronix, I think Botanica has an agenda based more on emotion than facts. Your diesel sounds good to me. ;)

High GanjaAL2, :welcome:Just because the state won't allow you to make a profit doesn't mean they don't want to. Feds will be wanting some too, whenever they give up whatever they're getting now to say dumb lies about MMJ.:smokin:

Sorry but my indoor organically grown, ro filtered well watered plants have less contaminates than any outdoor acid rain watered plant will. this I am 100% sure of and to think otherwise is assinine! Outdoor growing is nice but it's not near as healthy as some think. Just look up into the air over the nearest city to see what will be washed into your soil with the next rain.

Tronix, I think Botanica has an agenda based more on emotion than facts. Your diesel sounds good to me. ;)

High GanjaAL2, :welcome:Just because the state won't allow you to make a profit doesn't mean they don't want to. Feds will be wanting some too, whenever they give up whatever they're getting now to say dumb lies about MMJ.:smokin:

Greedy bastards! I think they just got a whole lot from the last raid. Hopefully they got enough to hold them over a while.

Thanks for the welcome... :grinjoint:

I have a friend who "donated" much of his last grow to Organica days before the raid and... yeah... 60K a week take home is NOT non-profit, and shouldn't have been boasting those numbers off to his donatee's. Raid really freaked out my friend because any cameras inside for security easily can be turned around by the agencies to track down growers. Admittedly, it all sucks, but greed will catch up with you.

Today there was a demolition size dumpster being filled with all of the growing supplies (buckets, etc) so if anyone needs orange Home Depot 5 gallon buckets, there is a crap load available in their parking lot. I'm all about recycling but didn't have time to see what else was in there, viewed from across the street. But I'm gonna take a bike ride over there tonight with my trailer : )

Agreed - where is the "compassion" everyone spouts?

As a side note, the following is not appearing in the post in front of me but came through in the email about the post to the forum - odd error...
hmmm.
"I tell you what... if I ever get that big... that money will be going to the homeless and people the government is not doing squat to help them."

Back
Top Bottom