Original KAOS!

the original kaos glass brand was started in 1997 by a man named Erik neason. Eric called the company chaos based off his chaotic life and the Get Smart TV bad guy Siegfried saying "my life was chaotic to begin with and I liked the bad guys Siegfried on the get smart TV show and so I called the company kaos. after talking with him I've learned a lot about the kaos brand. at this time graffix was very popular but all the pipes were acrylic. Eric and another buddy had a friend who blew glass that he was making soft glass pieces his buddy said he would make 30 pieces for $49 a piece a day then they did the math and for 30 pieces at $40 a piece was $1,200 a day and so they decide to get into the glass business. at this time they were only blowing soft glass pieces around three times thicker than normal pieces at that time and about 2005/06 is when they got their first borosilicate glass lathe. they have been sadly out of business for 7 years now due to influx of imported Chinese glass at cheaper prices and also some legal issues and a declining number of employees starting with 27 blowers and towards the end only having about 12 and not making the money they used to they decide to shut it down. I hope that the original kaos brand will make a comeback. I would really like to see Eric get back into the glass scene and create the quality kaos pieces that everybody has loved for years.

the original kaos glass brand was started in 1997 by a man named Erik neason. Eric called the company chaos based off his chaotic life and the Get Smart TV bad guy Siegfried saying "my life was chaotic to begin with and I liked the bad guys Siegfried on the get smart TV show and so I called the company kaos. after talking with him I've learned a lot about the kaos brand. at this time graffix was very popular but all the pipes were acrylic. Eric and another buddy had a friend who blew glass that he was making soft glass pieces his buddy said he would make 30 pieces for $49 a piece a day then they did the math and for 30 pieces at $40 a piece was $1,200 a day and so they decide to get into the glass business. at this time they were only blowing soft glass pieces around three times thicker than normal pieces at that time and about 2005/06 is when they got their first borosilicate glass lathe. they have been sadly out of business for 7 years now due to influx of imported Chinese glass at cheaper prices and also some legal issues and a declining number of employees starting with 27 blowers and towards the end only having about 12 and not making the money they used to they decide to shut it down. I hope that the original kaos brand will make a comeback. I would really like to see Eric get back into the glass scene and create the quality kaos pieces that everybody has loved for years.
16444177678862576306607220565986.jpg
16444181161063390906766316725549.jpg

Back
Top Bottom