Original Signatures?

SFGiants2012

Hi All,

Found this site today and it is really cool. For us living in Washington state it looks like it is going to be a very
interesting year as far as legal sales of cannabis and how that will work. On the WA Department of Health website I searched for medical marijuana information and came across a FAQ on how I-502 will affect medical cannabis. Good news is that (according to the FAQ) it won't!!! I did notice however the following:

What is a valid written recommendation?

As of June 10, 2010, recommendations must be written on tamper-resistant paper. They must include an original signature by the healthcare provider, a date, and a statement that says in the healthcare provider's professional opinion the patient may benefit from the medical use of marijuana. The 2010 law change also prohibits the use of a copy of the patient's medical records in lieu of a recommendation.

So has anybody out there ever been turned away from a collective because they said the signature was not original and was an electronic signature. Take Care all and love this site.

John

Welcome to the site,

I could be off base here, but I thought 'original signature' meant that a photo copy was NOT allowed. I just had an interesting discussion over in the legal forum on this site, and it turn out I wasn't on the up and up until today. I was using a photo copy of someone else's script. He said it was legal... it wasn't, so I got my own. Even his original was not legal because he didn't live here.

I don't know if this helps or not as your laws might be different, I'm in Cali.

I think original is to stop someone from sharing their script.

Back
Top Bottom