Original source seeds from the 70's: Yes I have some

The male held up production... he would not pop in the cool damp weather. He is a long way from his native homeland. Raining here again today.

PR male.JPG

Hey Sur, good to see you posting again brother!

Sorry to hear the weather has been shit out there. We have actually had a decent season for outdoor growing here in the New England area. Last year was shit. Lots of people pretty excited about the chances for good finishes here this year.

Very nice looking Punto Rojos! Thats one I have always wanted to grow but never gotten the beans for it.

These PR Colombians are from seeds I collected and froze in the 1970s from bag weed. They were tired when I froze them, and they required some coaxing with GA3 to get going. Colombians were not kind to their weed harvests. Typically they bricked the weed when green and let it ferment en route to wherever. These were from better than average brick weed. They are not easy plants to grow. They are fussy and slow to size up, really late to bloom, and really late to finish. W/o light dep these would not even think about blooming until late October. By then I will have frost here, which will kill them.

As a backup plan I have indoor 400w lights. I have old school switchable ballasts, and I will use HPS as they put out more light than MH. I typically use MH for starting seeds early and for sizing up clones and seedlings with. HPS for finishing. These lights put out a lot of heat, which is good for getting the colas to ripen. Not cheap to run though, even at 12 cents a KwHr. I run them 18/6. I do not know why people run 12/12 deep into blooming. I have never had any revert to veg unless I cut all the blooms off.

Be advised. Apparently someone online is using my posted info to sell Colombian landrace beans that they claim came from 'someone that froze the seeds in 1978 after reading the book Marijuana Potency.' Which would be me. Be advised, I have not sold or traded out ANY of my original landrace Colombian seeds to anyone... anywhere... ever. This is the first year I have grown my '78 Colombian strain myself. I keep a tight lid on these and my Mexican landrace beans. Also as I have stated before, I have never sold any Cannabis seeds under any label, name or brand, ever. Save for seeds in bag weed back in the day. I have traded some strains out, but they are all available in trading circles, or from various seed companies online. I know for a fact that some are selling my Durban Poison hybrids and back crosses, but I expected that to happen after I traded them out. Similar with the Lebanese Red strain I seeded out. Apparently they are popular.

Maybe in another mirror world there was some other guy that saved seeds from Colombian bag weed in 1978 fater buying and reading the book, MJ Potency. But I do not believe in coincidence such as this. Instagram and other places are becoming filled with people willing to do and say anything to make a buck. I suppose they will go through my entire list of strains here claiming they came from me. From a guy that knew another guy that supposedly knew a friend that got them from me through a third party... yeah... so the story goes.

Back
Top Bottom