Original source seeds from the 70's: Yes I have some

Lebby is a good choice for your wife then. The CBD takes the edge off the high. I have lived up and down the west coast, and weed does well from here to San Diego growing outdoors. These guys will stretch in the heat though, and they can get tall here. In Lebanon, they grow at altitude so they are in a cooler environment. In the Bekaa Valley, they do not irrigate them so they wind up being short plants. In my brother's greenhouse they were over 8 feet tall.

Hey BigSur, the lebanese seem to straddle the indica/sativa divide as far as being sativa like but triggering flowering early and finishing early like an indica.
I tend to start my seeds around march 1st outdoors with only sunlight, no supplemental. When they are transplanted around april 1st the daylength is about 12.25hrs. IME Indica hybrids will typically start some sort of flowering shortly after transplant. I'm curious how the Lebs are going to respond in this regard. I'm preparing for 1/2 to want to flower and the other 1/2 to continue vegetative growth through the spring.

If I put any hybrid or indica Cannabis plants out that early here they will flower here. Traditional seed planting time here growing outdoors is May 1. As Lebbies flower and finish early, they will set blooms if you put them out anytime near 12/12 which is everywhere worldwide at the spring equinox (March 20). You can stave off flowering by putting light on them at night. Or putting then indoors under lights.

What I do for a double harvest and early spring blooming is germinate them and size them up in pots indoors under 20/4 light. Then I set them out in mid April when it gets warmer here and they set blooms. Once in bloom they will continue to bloom regardless of the photo period. I let them go through the end of June before harvesting for short blooming strains. Then I let them re-veg under sunlight and they bloom again in the late summer and fall. That results in a double harvest, and a larger harvest in the fall from larger plants. For long period flowering strains (like Colombian) you may only get one bloom cycle, but they finish in September rather than in January. If they do not bloom outdoors in April, I light dep them to force them to. Some late bloom long finishing strains want more light dep to trigger blooming. I also trigger blooming on later blooming plants like Maui by light depping them in July to force them into an earlier cycle. Lebanese planted May 1 and left on its own will finish outdoors in September here.

That's good info. I read that the traditional time to sow seeds in Bekaa Valley is late April , early may for a september/october harvest.
For me locally, I found the earlier I sow my colombians and mexicans, the better the growth is. Later starts in April get hammered by heat, drought, insects (grasshoppers, leafhoppers) and competitive weeds. If the Lebs do start to flower I can always trim them back and hope they reveg. If they veg without any hiccups we're going to see how tall your Lebs can really get.

I'm going to try your early harvest tek with some hybrids I have. I'm hoping for some spring/summer bud.

Gracias Amigo. Viva Sativa!

If I put any hybrid or indica Cannabis plants out that early here they will flower here. Traditional seed planting time here growing outdoors is May 1. As Lebbies flower and finish early, they will set blooms if you put them out anytime near 12/12 which is everywhere worldwide at the spring equinox (March 20). You can stave off flowering by putting light on them at night. Or putting then indoors under lights.

What I do for a double harvest and early spring blooming is germinate them and size them up in pots indoors under 20/4 light. Then I set them out in mid April when it gets warmer here and they set blooms. Once in bloom they will continue to bloom regardless of the photo period. I let them go through the end of June before harvesting for short blooming strains. Then I let them re-veg under sunlight and they bloom again in the late summer and fall. That results in a double harvest, and a larger harvest in the fall from larger plants. For long period flowering strains (like Colombian) you may only get one bloom cycle, but they finish in September rather than in January. If they do not bloom outdoors in April, I light dep them to force them to. Some late bloom long finishing strains want more light dep to trigger blooming. I also trigger blooming on later blooming plants like Maui by light depping them in July to force them into an earlier cycle. Lebanese planted May 1 and left on its own will finish outdoors in September here.
You're right (of course) on the Lebbies.
I grew a Lebanese landrace crossed with Nepalese last summer outdoors. They flowered in the 2nd week of July--earliest I've ever had anything begin flower Done, chopped, and curing by Mid Sept. High pheno variation. One has a stone that definitely feels like it's got significant CBD. Both females were great!

I'm excited to start some dutch durban x LR durban in the next day or two. I'll probably wait a little longer to start the Lebanese.

We are always talking about sourcing landraces. I've been thinking about creating one... well, at least an heirloom that's acclimatized to my environment. Here's some articles about creating contemporary landrace crops...

Landrace Gardening: Survival of the Fittest - Organic Gardening - MOTHER EARTH NEWS

Mother Earth News Magazine Search

I like how he calls this one hybrid swarm breeding... Hybrid Swarm Breeding

Kind of early to start fall bloomers, IMO. I usually start seeds on May 1 here. Most of my friends here do that as well. I am starting some beans now as I want to test grow some long and late bloomers like Colombian Gold and Vietnam Black and force them to start blooming in May. Then maybe they will be ripe by September. Otherwise they finish in late November or early December, way too late here to be outside, even in a greenhouse.

It has been snowing here all day today. A high of 33 deg F. We are 20 degrees below normal and setting low temp records here. Meanwhile my cousin in Oz says that they have had 118 deg F days there this summer (in Adelaide, South Oz). So its record extremes this year. As for local landraces, Lebanese seems well suited to this climate, which is similar to the Bekaa Valley at elevation where it also snows in winter. Different latitude, but similar climate. the Lebanese also finish in September, which is typically before the rains come here, so no rot from the damp and cool weather. Some Octobers are nice here, but most are wet and more wet.

I think I figured out my skunk strain that tastes like strawberries. Likely it is a line called Erdbeer from Switzerland. Said to taste like skunk and strawberries. That is what mine tastes like. Strawberries. An heirloom throwback to the 1990s. I will have to breed this strain for fresh seeds. This strain is also called Strawberry, which in German is erdbeer. I used to pick commercial strawberries here when I was a kid.

I think I figured out my skunk strain that tastes like strawberries. Likely it is a line called Erdbeer from Switzerland. Said to taste like skunk and strawberries. That is what mine tastes like. Strawberries. An heirloom throwback to the 1990s. I will have to breed this strain for fresh seeds. This strain is also called Strawberry, which in German is erdbeer. I used to pick commercial strawberries here when I was a kid.
Erdbeer I'm pretty sure is the strain that Ace worked and now calls Erdpurt. It's a pink pistoled Afghani that smells like berries. High CBD content as well.

For some reason my lebs didnt do well, probably my ineptitude. At any rate i have 2 of 6 looking good. Of course they could both be males.
I ordered some taskenti from cancannapot. Also i placed an order through discrete which is lost. I am reconsidering overseas seedbanks now. Tracking payments overseas is way too expensive and the cash is easy to lose in the mail. Although weed is semilegal in oklahoma, buying weed seeds is not.
Local postal officials are a little too curious about the location mailling to.

Kind of early to start fall bloomers, IMO. I usually start seeds on May 1 here. Most of my friends here do that as well. I am starting some beans now as I want to test grow some long and late bloomers like Colombian Gold and Vietnam Black and force them to start blooming in May. Then maybe they will be ripe by September. Otherwise they finish in late November or early December, way too late here to be outside, even in a greenhouse.
Good luck on the CG and VB. We just came out of a couple freezing days. Hopefully warm days from here on.

I went ahead and started 5 of the durbans today. I've got them soaking in a cup of warm water with a dash of H2O2. I'm also soaking my last 6 CBG Punto Rojo seeds and the last 6 of my CBG Mangobiches. I'm not expecting good germination rates on the colombians, so will do my best to make more pure seeds.

My best crop of mex and lumbo so far was started on february 24th so I'm already about 10 days behind that. I like getting the young plants established in the ground very early in the season. If I don't get them out early, they will suffer when the hot and dry summer comes round.

I will wait 2 more weeks to start the Lebanese though, I'd hate to have them flower early and have growth come to a stall.

You know what's hard? Picking what strains and crosses to grow every year! I started with a list of like 15-20, then slowly whittling it down to 4 or 5.

Erdbeer I'm pretty sure is the strain that Ace worked and now calls Erdpurt. It's a pink pistoled Afghani that smells like berries. High CBD content as well.

Ace came out later with Erdpurt. Erdbeer was an heirloom strain developed in the late 1980s or early 1990s in Switzerland. Erdpurt is a hybrid crossing Erdbeer and Purpuera Ticinensis, another Swiss strain. Erdpurt has a really high CBD content, whereas Erdbeer does not. Tested CBD levels of Erdbeer are like 1%. Erdpurt is like 12% CBD. Erdbeer will get you really really stoned. Some say that Erdpurt is more sativa than indica, some say its a pure indica. Typical of the web descriptions for weed. This Strawberry Erdbeer Skunk I grew last year is definitely all indica. No sativa in there. Some say that Erdbeer was also one parent of Strawberry Cough.

For some reason my lebs didnt do well, probably my ineptitude. At any rate i have 2 of 6 looking good. Of course they could both be males.
I ordered some taskenti from cancannapot. Also i placed an order through discrete which is lost. I am reconsidering overseas seedbanks now. Tracking payments overseas is way too expensive and the cash is easy to lose in the mail. Although weed is semilegal in oklahoma, buying weed seeds is not.
Local postal officials are a little too curious about the location mailling to.

If you want good Lebby seeds try the ones from RSC. All of mine popped from RSC. RSC does not ship directly stateside, but www dot regseeds dot com does ship RSC seeds (and Ace and Tropical and others). Lebanese is currently out of stock there, but the owner has a good rapport with RSC and he can likely get more of them. Actually they can source a lot of seeds not listed on their site if you ask them. Also no one is looking for Cannabis seeds being shipped from London. It is also legal for them to ship them from London now. All they carry are regular beans as well. No fems. Some autos. They have a HUGE selection. Shipping was fast for me from London. No issues with customs of the beans getting here. They have 8 different payment options, including Paypal for return customers.

You know what's hard? Picking what strains and crosses to grow every year! I started with a list of like 15-20, then slowly whittling it down to 4 or 5.

What is hard for me is to pick through over the 150 strains of beans that I have and decide which ones to grow this year. I also have 14 clones that I carried over from last year. I want to grow 20 strains at once! But my state permit limits me to 10 mature, 12 non-flowering, and 36 clones under 3 feet tall.

These are the ones I want to grow from my collection this year: Kerala Ganja, Jamaican Lamb, Manga Rosa, VN BLack, Colombian Gold, Congo Black, Senegal, Saipan, Philippine Sagada, South African Pondo, Leb27, Ethiopian, Morocco Gold, Zacatecas Purple, Malana Cream, Cambodian Red, Jack Herer, Maui Waui, Durban Poisin, and Grape Ape.

If you want good Lebby seeds try the ones from RSC. All of mine popped from RSC. RSC does not ship directly stateside, but www dot regseeds dot com does ship RSC seeds (and Ace and Tropical and others). Lebanese is currently out of stock there, but the owner has a good rapport with RSC and he can likely get more of them. Actually they can source a lot of seeds not listed on their site if you ask them. Also no one is looking for Cannabis seeds being shipped from London. It is also legal for them to ship them from London now. All they carry are regular beans as well. No fems. Some autos. They have a HUGE selection. Shipping was fast for me from London. No issues with customs of the beans getting here. They have 8 different payment options, including Paypal for return customers.

Thanks for the tip..these little black seeds cracked and went in soil were watered for two days but nothing. I would like to try again.
I smoked some strawberry cough it was good. It was labeled "sativa" by the dispensary but smoked like a hybrid.
Would the Malana cream seeds from RSC be reasonably free from modern contamination in your opinion?

Thanks for the tip..these little black seeds cracked and went in soil were watered for two days but nothing. I would like to try again.
I smoked some strawberry cough it was good. It was labeled "sativa" by the dispensary but smoked like a hybrid.
Would the Malana cream seeds from RSC be reasonably free from modern contamination in your opinion?

I am starting some beans now as I want to test grow some long and late bloomers like Colombian Gold and Vietnam Black and force them to start blooming in May. Then maybe they will be ripe by September. Otherwise they finish in late November or early December, way too late here to be outside, even in a greenhouse.
I ran across some purported Vietnam Black a few weeks back in a dispensary & had to give it a try. While there's no knowing if it was the real deal, it's certainly a mind bending sativa. Buds had a blackish green cast.

I'd never thought about forcing spring blooming for long flowering strains...might have to give that a try.

Grow on!

Back
Top Bottom