Oscar's 600 Watt 1st 420 Journal

Oscart47

Hello all , and let me welcome you to my first grow here on 420 Mag . I invite all of you to comment as you see fit , as i know it will help me . I'm not a very discriptive person , so I will use the list provided by 420 , and if i forget anything let me know . I am running a 4x8 Flower room , and a 4x4 Veg room with clones , and Veg plants . Lets Jump to the list
What strain is it - 3 Postronic Supercheese ,1 Dinafem Deep Grapefruit , 1 Delicious Seeds Critical Sensi Star
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid- Critical Sensi Star (Mostly Indica) Deep Grapefruit (Mostly Indica) , and the Supercheese are Hybrid . This info is taken from Seedfinders database
Is it in Veg or Flower stage- All In Veg
If in Veg... For how long?- Supercheeses have been in Veg for about a month . Spent a good amount of time in Solo cups , and not recieving mucg light , and nutrients as to slow growth till I was ready .
Indoor or outdoor - Indoor In two diffrent rooms
Soil or Hydro - Soiless (Straight Coco)
What size pot - 3 Gallon Smart Pots /Solo Cups
Size of light - 600 Watt HPS (Flower) 180 Watt Apollo Horticulture UFO LED
Is it aircooled?- No
Temp of Room/cab - Na
RH of Room/cab - NA
PH of media or res- Try to keep it at 5.8 - 6.1
Any Pests - So far no . Had run ins with Springtails tho
How often are you watering-Varies
Type and strength of ferts used- Will Post a Pic

Will be Posting Pics

This is my young lady collection . We have several clones of all three SuperCheese plants . Hoping that I find something awesome , but just in case there is also the Critical Sensi Star , and The Deep Grapefruit in there that I need to grow out , and clone . I will Seperate them better in the next few days .
IMG_0012143.JPG

Next we have the 3 Super Cheese plants all in 3 gallon pots . They are fed by drip lines from a 15 gallon resovoir . This room is going to be used for Veg for the next few days , and then I am going to flip the timer , and send the ladys into flower .
IMG_0016128.JPG
IMG_0015140.JPG

The three Big Cheese plants are being Fed as follow - Grotek Pro-Silicate , and then I ph down to 5.5-6.0 , and then add my GH Flora Nova Grow , Optimum Hydroponics Opti-Cal . All Plants where Fed with Advanced Nutrients Tarantula when they where potted into their pots of what ever size . I intend on getting an air cooled reflector , and maybe another light , and reflector for the room as to utilize the 4x8 room as a Strictly flower room .

Also the middle , and right plants seem to have lots of yellowing , and believe it or not this is them jumping back , When i first transferred the plants from their 4x4 room into the 4x8 I fed only with straight water , and they didn't like it too much .

Yea I am more then sure it was lack of Nitrogen because three days later everything is going back to normal , minus a few lower leaves dying off. I do thank you for the input tho , always awesome to have some one else around that can help . Run into problems and stare at charts for ever trying to figure out exactly what is going wrong and second guessing all my decisions

They use mylar for emergency blankets and I believe fire blankets. You can find it at walmart or camping stores. You can also use black white poly"panda film" it's especially effective at blacking out, preventing mold on your box and is almost as reflective.

The yellowing might just be natural light deficiency die off. It's not a big deal. As you plants get bigger and taller the light cant penetrate like it used to to the bottom leaves and they wilt off.

Looking great and looking forward!

I am planning on putting Mylar up on the entire wall for the flower room , not entirely sure if I am going to do it for the veg room . No local hydro stores where I am so some materials are a little harder to get my hands on

Hey good to see your journal and your plants are growing nice! I have to drive pretty far to buy any growth enhancers myself, but I got Mylar from amazon. It came from a "party store" (as in real birthday parties or something) and it was a 4 foot tall roll of nice thick product.

Good luck - I'm happily following along! :)

So here it is . Yesterday I tried my hands at Supercropping . Never tried it before , figured I wanted to do a Scrog . I read some where that a really good toy to have for it was a set of pliers with something soft wraping the end . Everyone has pliers laying around , but I like to have dedicated Garden tools so I went and bought a 5 pack of pliers , and wrapped the tipped pliers with electrical tape , and away I went . Think I may have went a wee bit too hard as no the lower branches cant support their weight what so ever , and the stems are crushed . Plants are still growing so maybe it may have just set me back some veg time .

Here is the Homemade Scrog net
IMG_003375.JPG

I actually got the idea off of Hygrohybrid on youtube , but couldnt find none of the three way slips he used so tried to make due . It seems like it will do the job , but the ends seem to sag down a little bit . Think I may order them off of ebay , and try to give them another go .

This is the SuperCrop that I did . We will see how she hangs in there . If there is something wrong then I will Just have to replace them with their clones I have , and learn from my mistakes , but I hope i dont have to go that far
IMG_003475.JPG
IMG_003861.JPG

Heading into civilization for a few days tomorrow , and am gonna stop by a Hydro store , and price somethings out . Prob gonna see about getting a tri meter , and maybe some mylar . Might wait until next rotation till I do that .

I wanna use the tri meter , because I am planning on building my own DIY Flood , and drain system in my Veg room. I bought a 4x3 Flood table to put in there , but didnt account for the Trim on the door , and it sticks out some so it is very hard to try and get the table in there flat . Right now it is wedged (I had to pound it down with my fist ) , and am afraid that I may do damage when i pull it out . This time I get exactly as I want .

Here is the nutrient line I am using right now .
IMG_004059.JPG

Today I am mixing up a 5 gallon batch , and I will be adding it to the seedling , and clone-lings as needed . Then I up the ppm of the final mixture of whats left re Ph , and then add it to the rez for 4x8 .

Today I Mixed these rations . 5 ml of Pro-Silicate , 5 ml of Opticalmg, 10 ml of B+ . All that only put the ppm up to 115 , and it is usually 75-85 ppm out of the tap (Do not use RO , just let water sit out for a few nights) . I then added enough Flora Nova Bloom to get the ppm up to 430 . I do this because the Flora Nova is the oldest Nute I have , and I want to get threw it . I also have another bottle on the rack , and was told that it is perfectly fine , and maybe even better then flora nova grow for veg . I then Ph'ed the water to 5.9 .

All the little plants are watered till a significant amount of run off . I then upped the ppm level with just flora-nova to 700ppm and added it to the reservoir for the 4x8 room where the bigger plants are . Really thinking on ordering in either an Apollo horticulture 600 watt or maybe even a 1000 to add to the room as I have some in the led room then I am wanting to re pot , and get flowering soon . Why do this have to be such an expensive hobby

The emergency blankets on amazon are made of mylar. it's pretty thin but it'll work. also, you could get a tin of white matte paint. either will run you no more than £6/$10 (amazon for the blanket, local hardware shop for the paint). I use paint myself, I've not tried the Mylar.

Welcome to 420mag, Check out as many grows as you can. what i like to do is look for grows similar to my own; same lighting etc. that way you can learn a lot without having to do experiments on your own plants :)

Here is the nutrient line I am using right now .
IMG_004059.JPG

Today I am mixing up a 5 gallon batch , and I will be adding it to the seedling , and clone-lings as needed . Then I up the ppm of the final mixture of whats left re Ph , and then add it to the rez for 4x8 .

Today I Mixed these rations . 5 ml of Pro-Silicate , 5 ml of Opticalmg, 10 ml of B+ . All that only put the ppm up to 115 , and it is usually 75-85 ppm out of the tap (Do not use RO , just let water sit out for a few nights) . I then added enough Flora Nova Bloom to get the ppm up to 430 . I do this because the Flora Nova is the oldest Nute I have , and I want to get threw it . I also have another bottle on the rack , and was told that it is perfectly fine , and maybe even better then flora nova grow for veg . I then Ph'ed the water to 5.9 .

All the little plants are watered till a significant amount of run off . I then upped the ppm level with just flora-nova to 700ppm and added it to the reservoir for the 4x8 room where the bigger plants are . Really thinking on ordering in either an Apollo horticulture 600 watt or maybe even a 1000 to add to the room as I have some in the led room then I am wanting to re pot , and get flowering soon . Why do this have to be such an expensive hobby

The yellowing is lack of base nutrients. What are you doing for those? Everything I see there are enhancers, you gotta go get some more nutrients my friend or the ladies won't grow like they way to. They need to HIGH doses in flower stage because it takes so much out of the plant. It's fuel. The Heavy 16 line bud A and bud B are like rocket fuel. Huge differences and if you get the prime which is an enhancer of the A and B's veg and flower the plants love every bit of it.

That's just my thought on the yellowing. :)

Subbed

Hello everyone. Thank you for the responses everyone. I am currently on my way to the city and and am going to hit the Hydro store tomorrow. I am going to see what they charge for Mylar .I figure that I will try there first, and if it's too expensive I will look into fire blankets or paint. I am just wondering if I do go with paint how long will the room have to Air out. For primary nutrients I am using flora nova bloom , and have sensi grow A&B if it doesn't pan out . The yellowing has stopped as all the new growth is coming in green . I have wanted to try the heavy fire product line for some time now . There is actually a lot of lines I want to try but it's just not available where I am .

Hello everyone. Thank you for the responses everyone. I am currently on my way to the city and and am going to hit the Hydro store tomorrow. I am going to see what they charge for Mylar .I figure that I will try there first, and if it's too expensive I will look into fire blankets or paint. I am just wondering if I do go with paint how long will the room have to Air out. For primary nutrients I am using flora nova bloom , and have sensi grow A&B if it doesn't pan out . The yellowing has stopped as all the new growth is coming in green . I have wanted to try the heavy fire product line for some time now . There is actually a lot of lines I want to try but it's just not available where I am .

The heavy fire line is shit. It makes your flowers foxtail. All of them. Makes for subpar smoke and ugly ass buds. I tried the fire line when it first came out and was not happy at all with it. the heavy 16 bud a and b, by far is the way to go if you want to use the heavy line

Hey Oscar, how goes it bud? I am wondering why you want 12 different foods for your girls? It is my opinion that you're over complicating things here. The only time I've ever seen somebody need that many different products is when they are new to growing. For instance, CalMag should only be used in flower when a deficiency presents itself or you've been working with the same strain and know what that particular plant eats. I have a bottle of CalMag that hasn't been touched in over 2 years now. If you start with a good soil/less mix that is nute free and a decent base nutrient you will save yourself a ton of headaches my friend.

Different things, even though the do the same thing, still have different ingredients. Different bases to produce the same salt which is broken down by the water it goes into, then it going into the bottle they over charge for at the hydro stores lol When combining different nutrients you are creating different bonds with different salts or enhancers for resin production in the water. So by using multiple things that do that same thing, side by side in that water, you are going to create your own creation of nutrients. Your own version of those salts, because salts will combine (that's why you don't mix 2 concentrated things together without water) All I'm saying is its not a novice thing to do to use multiple things at once. It's smarter. The results are better. My flowers are a great example of that. You can't always believe what you read online or in a book, because not everything works for everyone. Trial and error my friend.

But that's just my position on that matter :) keep up the great work bud!

Back
Top Bottom