Osmocote Flower Vegetable Plant Food

Roadglide

Hello – am new here and recently started growing again after moving to Colorado. Have a quick question regarding using Osmocote Flower & Vegetable (NPK @ 14/14/14) in containers - specifically how much would you use in a 5 gallon pot?

My grow medium is organic soil (typically purchased at a big box store) along with perlite mixed at about a 3:1 soil to perlite ratio. Would prefer to avoid the exotic big buck fert’s available online and go with something relatively simple and worry free. Am aware that the NPK ratio of Osmocote may not be best for the flowering stage (insofar as it lasts about 4 months and I estimate my total grow cycle will be about 3 months veg / 2 months flower) so my thought is that I would prepare the containers about 2 to 3 weeks before I transplant my seedlings. That way most of the osmocote should be gone by flowering and I could then switch to a flower specific fertilizer.

My grow closet is LED and the plants will be moved outside on warmer slightly breezy days and then back to the closet for an essentially 18/6 light cycle during veg and ultimately under lights during the 12/12 flowering cycle.

So my question is how much Osmocote should I mix into th soil that will fill a 5 gallon pot. Thanks in advance for all replies.

-R

Thanks for the reply - I did notice that thread and there was some info on osmocote dosage for container growing. One poster indicated 28 grams per gallon. He/She may be right but that just seems like an awfully large amount - i.e. almost 150 grams (or roughly two cups) for a five gallon pot.

Hopefully some folks with way more experience than me will chime in.

Thanks again

-R

Back
Top Bottom