Osmocote Plus Plant Food: Discuss Its Use With Cannabis Here!

This is just a few pics of what OC+ can produce
007563.JPG
018206.JPG
017219.JPG
014305.JPG

Beautiful buds there gentlemen! Are you using a bloom additive such as SnowStorm Ultra? Are you adding any extra P at teh last two weeks of flower?

Dr.RW

I use Molasses, Epsom, Snowstorm Ultra almost every watering since the switch to 12/12. Plain water ever third or fourth watering. And top dressed with some Azomite a few weeks ago. I didn't have it at the time I mixed the soil.

In past grows, about every other watering I have also added some Ginormous (0-18-16) But this grow switched to Dynagro Bloom (3-12-6). Not sure about the Dynagro. I have noticed a little yellow on the leaf edges this grow especially on the Diesel. Maybe the Dynagro locked some of the OC nutes or something, I'm not sure. I rarely saw anything but healthy leaves before the switch.

However these plants seem to be the frostiest, smelliest, stickiest I have grown so far. Sample bud of the Diesel has my partner in awe already and people we have turned on to the Original Berry recently harvested just say "wow".

So, I really hate to switch from the OC+ since it has worked so well for my past 5 grows, but next grow I will be trying to go more organic. I will only use a little OC+ in the cup I use for vege to get things going. Then into an experimental blended soil which will most likely be Pro-Mix Organic with either FF Peace of Mind or Dr. Earth organics mixed in. Plus a few other goodies like Azomite, Borax.

And I will use some sort of pre made tea formulation.
Dr.Earth makes a tea tablet that dissolves in water, or Stump Tea powder mix. Stump Tea says it raises the brix level. It is a little to difficult for me to do the whole brewing of teas right now, so I am hoping the "instant tea" will work out alright.

All my grows so far have been multiple strains, so it is hard to do side by side comparison of OC+ with another nute. But this time I have one WW clone in OC+ and one with no OC+ but some Espoma organic mixed in. The OC+ one is way healthier, lush green. But the ultimate goal is of course a better product. So if the non OC+ WW is a better product buzz, taste, smell, etc, then the OC+ might have to take a back seat for a while.

I still believe it as a very good stoner proof product. I loaded up some soil with it for a friend and all he did was add water and nothing else at all. His plants were huge, healthy and good.

Hey guys glad to see this thread is still going strong. I have been using OC+ since last year and its been very easy for me. I have three questions though.

1.) Can I use Cal-MG throughout the whole flowering cycle? It says on the label to use with every watering but I haven't been using it that much lately.

2.) Im growing in perlite and I was wondering If there is anyone out there using Fox Farm Grow Big,Big Bloom,Tiger Bloom nutes? If so, do they perform better then just using plain oc+ in perlite?

3.) What ever happened to the hempy collective thread?

Thanks

Hey guys glad to see this thread is still going strong. I have been using OC+ since last year and its been very easy for me. I have three questions though.

1.) Can I use Cal-MG throughout the whole flowering cycle? It says on the label to use with every watering but I haven't been using it that much lately.

2.) Im growing in perlite and I was wondering If there is anyone out there using Fox Farm Grow Big,Big Bloom,Tiger Bloom nutes? If so, do they perform better then just using plain oc+ in perlite?

Thanks

#1) I'd have no qualms using Ca-Mg throughout the grow, but then again, I use coco, which has an affinity for that, so my dosage is higher than usual.

#2) Not me. DocBud would say for nice meds, OC+ in perlite hempies, with SSU when flowering starts, until the finish. No flush required.

#3) Dunno, my hempy stuff was a disaster.

Yay! Another Michigan grower! :circle-of-love:

:bongrip: - JZ

#1) I'd have no qualms using Ca-Mg throughout the grow, but then again, I use coco, which has an affinity for that, so my dosage is higher than usual.

#2) Not me. DocBud would say for nice meds, OC+ in perlite hempies, with SSU when flowering starts, until the finish. No flush required.

#3) Dunno, my hempy stuff was a disaster.

Yay! Another Michigan grower! :circle-of-love:

Thank you JZ for the response. What is SSU? Also what happened with your hempy grow? Its so easy a baby can do it :)

Thank you JZ for the response. What is SSU? Also what happened with your hempy grow? Its so easy a baby can do it :)

SSU = SnowStorm Ultra

Dunno what happened, I just sucked at it - probably my water. *shrug* What I have going now is kickass though. I'm by Lansing - you?

SSU = SnowStorm Ultra

Dunno what happened, I just sucked at it - probably my water. *shrug* What I have going now is kickass though. I'm by Lansing - you?

Cool Ill look it up, maybe I can do a test to see which one performs the best. Im by southfield. Aprox an hour away from that area. I was going to come up that way to get some clones a while back but couldn't get the guy to meet me halfway.

I wouldn't think you'd need to with OC+ if you're using tap water... I think I would if you're using RO.

Can't help you on that one, but like JZ said, we watched DocBud kick some serious ass on one of his grows with nothing more than OC+. But like JZ also pointed out, it doesn't work for everybody...

Thanks

It disappeared! Really, the hempy thread just disappeared one day. I had linked to it in one of my posts so I had the link, and was able to ask one of the mods about it. They couldn't figure it out and were going to forward it on to someone else.

I was really hoping they would have been able to resurrect that thread since there was such good info in it.

:Namaste:

My OC+ plants have just finished stretch and are starting to bud. I am going to brew a tea in the next couple of days and am scheming on using either alfalfa and mollasses or Jobes organic for vegetables and mollasses. The alfalfa would be a new direction for me and I have heard great things about it being a growth stimulant. I think I will use it for the first two weeks and switch to the Jobes as it is a higher P organic fert. I have not one damaged leaf tip so far. Growth is already excellent but we have to tinker around I suppose.

My OC+ plants have just finished stretch and are starting to bud. I am going to brew a tea in the next couple of days and am scheming on using either alfalfa and mollasses or Jobes organic for vegetables and mollasses. The alfalfa would be a new direction for me and I have heard great things about it being a growth stimulant. I think I will use it for the first two weeks and switch to the Jobes as it is a higher P organic fert. I have not one damaged leaf tip so far. Growth is already excellent but we have to tinker around I suppose.

The molasses needs to be there as a food source for the microbes... I'm about to start adding alfalfa meal myself, from what I've been reading it's worth using along with whatever else you decide to add, and it's cheap if you go to a feed store to get it (the molasses is cheap there too).

I have numerous tea recipes that I've come across, many add guanos. For flowering you could add some high P guano (Indonesian or Jamaican).

I wouldn't think you'd need to with OC+ if you're using tap water... I think I would if you're using RO.

Can't help you on that one, but like JZ said, we watched DocBud kick some serious ass on one of his grows with nothing more than OC+. But like JZ also pointed out, it doesn't work for everybody...

It disappeared! Really, the hempy thread just disappeared one day. I had linked to it in one of my posts so I had the link, and was able to ask one of the mods about it. They couldn't figure it out and were going to forward it on to someone else.

I was really hoping they would have been able to resurrect that thread since there was such good info in it.

Hey do you have a link to the journal with docbuds pure OC+ grow? The one I found mentioned he was using the fox farm trio with cal mag so maybe I should be ok then :)

and darn that sux, that hempy thread was my fav thread on this site. Wish it could come back.

Hey do you have a link to the journal with docbuds pure OC+ grow? The one I found mentioned he was using the fox farm trio with cal mag so maybe I should be ok then :)

and darn that sux, that hempy thread was my fav thread on this site. Wish it could come back.

I can't remember which one or if all of these were OC+, but they're all hempy:

MK-Ultra Hempy - C02 - 1000 Watts
Un-Lucky Queen 12/12 Hempy
DocBud's Hempy Grow

This one I think he started with organics, but I think he still was running some with OC+:

DocBud's Next Medical Grow

Here's the link to what used to be the hempy thread: https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/guide-hempy-just-put-hole-bucket.121141/post-1080462... It was called A Guide to Hempy: Just Put a Hole in a Bucket. I remember laughing every time Doc would say "You didn't follow the instructions!".

I brewed the tea, using 1/4 cup of alfalfa powder made from 21% range cubes and a tablespoon of Molasses in two gallons of warm water. I aerated it for 24 hours and had a nice foam 3 inches thick on top of it so it was ready. I hadn't looked at the plants for 3 days and behold a great start at 24 days of 11/13. Definitly have to do some tying up soon.

I looked in to see how happy they are with the alfalfa tea and tied up the two that fell over. This one of my 2 complaints about this diesel pheno, it won't hold itself up and yield could be better. Plus column, superb smell, potency, ease of manicure and cuttings root easily. The tea didn't kill them and they look really perked up.

I can't remember which one or if all of these were OC+, but they're all hempy:

MK-Ultra Hempy - C02 - 1000 Watts
Un-Lucky Queen 12/12 Hempy
DocBud's Hempy Grow

This one I think he started with organics, but I think he still was running some with OC+:

DocBud's Next Medical Grow

Here's the link to what used to be the hempy thread: https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/guide-hempy-just-put-hole-bucket.121141/post-1080462... It was called A Guide to Hempy: Just Put a Hole in a Bucket. I remember laughing every time Doc would say "You didn't follow the instructions!".

Thanks for those links fratt. He didn't have a journal with pure OC+ though from what I see but he did have one using the fox farm nutes which is what I am using so I will be reading that one from start to finish.:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom