Osmocote Plus Plant Food: Discuss Its Use With Cannabis Here!

I know somebody (Doc Bud maybe?) posted a link to this data sheet earlier in the thread, however, it could take a while to find...and because I think the info is that important, I uploaded it. So here's the data sheet.

Osmocote_Plus.jpg

I used about a tablespoon per gallon of soil on that plant. I was using 3.4 gallon Superoots Air-Pots, so I used about 4 tablespoons.

As you can see from the chart, that charge was probably a little light. I'm in between grows, but I'm running a couple of test plants right now using quite a bit more with no issues.

You'd have to see if the others agree, and it might depend on your strain, but I would definitely start out on the higher side of the chart, and then go up from there.

Just remember that temperature effects the release rate, so if you are using a heavier charge you're definitely going to need to keep your temps under control.

I just entered part of one of the main colas from the plant I showed to you earlier in the 420 Magazine's Nug of the Month: August 2011 contest. It was grown with nothing other than Osmocote Plus (about 4 tablespoons of it to be exact) for nutrients. :)

Please go check it out if you would like to see how it turned out after drying, and a bit of a cure. :thumb:

In fact, since it would be great if more members voted in the monthly contests anyway, you could follow the link in my signature, and vote for your favorites in all three contests this month!

:Namaste:

Wow looking great! :bravo::bravo: I was thinking about using tiger bloom for flowering but I dont want to mess anything up. They seem to be growing just fine with OC+ and nothing else

Wow looking great! :bravo::bravo: I was thinking about using tiger bloom for flowering but I dont want to mess anything up. They seem to be growing just fine with OC+

Thanks tsboss! I just entered one of the plants too!

I think your instincts are correct. IMO, one of the biggest mistakes people make is trying to do too much. If you listen, the plants will let you know what they need. The more you grow, the better you get at understanding what she's telling you.

If it were me, and I really felt the need to tinker, I might consider some tea.:)

Hey Doc I was really trying to grasp the mini hempy with half perlite, half soil. Can you explain in detail on how to water(bottom or top watering), and how often? I tried a mini hempy but only put about 2 inches of dirt on top of the perlite and the tap root neva made it past the soil. what did I do wrong? Please help me out trying to get this grow going soon.

I'm not sure what you did wrong.....but if you want to do it right, look at the first few pages of my MK Ultra Journal.

I used solo cups, hole about an inch from the bottom if I recall....perlite....perlite and soil....and soil on top.

The soil is merely there to keep the seed in darkness. The soil/perlite mix is there to keep some moisture there....for the taproot....and the perlite and mini reservoir is there to be a hempyish thingie.

I've tried several ways of germinating and that method still works the best. I am especially dissappointed in what I'm doing right now....germinating in 1 gallon pots.

I'm going back to my mini-hempys....been there done that, nothing has worked better.

Here is a Blue Frost from Goldenseed at only 3 weeks into flower.

Blue_Frost_3-weeks-.JPG

My grow room is a little short so the plants don't get much over 3' but I bend the branches down to make a relatively even canopy and expose all those lovely nodes. They grow well under a 400 and a 600 watt HPS. I have a perpetual grow and I normally harvest 2-4 plants per month.

Here's one of those pretty Blue Frost buds a little closer:

Blue_Frost_3-weeks-2-.JPG

I guess I'm a simple grower (ok - lazy) and I love OC+. Indoors or out it gets them through veg and into flowering without having to add anything else. I do, however, use some FF nutes if they start yellowing on the lower leaves. I don't fully rely on OC+ after about 4 weeks in flower and add a little of the good stuff, but not too much. Still plenty of ferts in the prills.

Here is an AF Gooey. This shot makes a great desktop picture.

AFGOO_desktop.jpg

I normally get 2-5 oz. from a plant indoors.

For your hempy bucket you will need to water the plant regularly until it's roots reach the reservoir. You can put the OC+ prills in one spot next to the side, opposite your hole. That will be the spot you will water it. You don't need to water the rest of the bucket. There is a hempy bucket thread that can give ya all the necessary info.

Here is a Blue Frost from Goldenseed at only 3 weeks into flower.

Blue_Frost_3-weeks-.JPG

My grow room is a little short so the plants don't get much over 3' but I bend the branches down to make a relatively even canopy and expose all those lovely nodes. They grow well under a 400 and a 600 watt HPS. I have a perpetual grow and I normally harvest 2-4 plants per month.

Here's one of those pretty Blue Frost buds a little closer:

Blue_Frost_3-weeks-2-.JPG

I guess I'm a simple grower (ok - lazy) and I love OC+. Indoors or out it gets them through veg and into flowering without having to add anything else. I do, however, use some FF nutes if they start yellowing on the lower leaves. I don't fully rely on OC+ after about 4 weeks in flower and add a little of the good stuff, but not too much. Still plenty of ferts in the prills.

Here is an AF Gooey. This shot makes a great desktop picture.

AFGOO_desktop.jpg

I normally get 2-5 oz. from a plant indoors.

That afgoo is really looking good. I am growing the same thing, but I have had alot of yellow leaves and was wondering what else do you add with the OC+? Friday will be my 5th week and I have tiger bloom from FF but wasnt sure if I should use it with the OC+ because I didnt want to overfeed.

Thanks

That afgoo is really looking good. I am growing the same thing, but I have had alot of yellow leaves and was wondering what else do you add with the OC+? Friday will be my 5th week and I have tiger bloom from FF but wasnt sure if I should use it with the OC+ because I didnt want to overfeed.

Thanks

I think you can safely supplement with OC+, just don't start full strength. Go slow and see how they react. Are you in soil? If so you might think about brewing up some guano tea.

I think you can safely supplement with OC+, just don't start full strength. Go slow and see how they react. Are you in soil? If so you might think about brewing up some guano tea.

Im using perlite and OC+, I think i have a nitrogen def., and I hear that the leaves are supposed to turn yellow during flowering but Im not sure if I should try and fix this or let it continue since It will be 5 weeks on friday.

There is a link to my journal in my sig if you want to see pics.

Im using perlite and OC+, I think i have a nitrogen def., and I hear that the leaves are supposed to turn yellow during flowering but Im not sure if I should try and fix this or let it continue since It will be 5 weeks on friday.

There is a link to my journal in my sig if you want to see pics.

Are those Super Lemon Haze? If so you're looking at 9-10 weeks for them to finish. On your next run you might want to up the OC+ charge a bit. For this one, I might add a little something since they've got another five weeks to go. You could also add a bit more OC+, but since you've already got some Tiger Bloom on hand I would go that route. Just don't worry too much about yellowing fan leaves late in flowering, they are nearing the end of their lives, and divert all their energy to the buds in a last-ditch effort to reproduce should they come across some pollen.

Are those Super Lemon Haze? If so you're looking at 9-10 weeks for them to finish. On your next run you might want to up the OC+ charge a bit. For this one, I might add a little something since they've got another five weeks to go. You could also add a bit more OC+, but since you've already got some Tiger Bloom on hand I would go that route. Just don't worry too much about yellowing fan leaves late in flowering, they are nearing the end of their lives, and divert all their energy to the buds in a last-ditch effort to reproduce should they come across some pollen.

They are regular lemon haze and I figured it was a 9-10 weeks strain so I thought it was kinda early for the leaves to start turning yellow but I will try to add a little tiger bloom and see what happens.

Thanks

How long was the stretch period? That will tell you how long it's flower period is. Don't want to wander off-topic but I posted a blog entry about it if you want to read it.

High community, I need to know which osmocote

to purchase, indoor and outdoor or flower and vegetable. I know to get the plus just don't know which variety. Thx in advance

The variety that was primarily discussed is the Multi-Purpose... This is the label you're looking for.

Osmocote_Plus_Front_Label.jpg

High community, I need to know which osmocote

to purchase, indoor and outdoor or flower and vegetable. I know to get the plus just don't know which variety. Thx in advance

It's just Osmocote plus. If you don't see the 6 Months on the label, try another store. I believe there is only one variety of Osmocote Plus but a couple of the regular Osmo.

akaman, u're gonna love this stuff, if u're looking for a simple, easy grow. it's almost stonerproof. i'm finishing up my 1st successful soil grow ever, in soil. twice, in flower, i brewed a tea, on this grow, & used the dynamite red (pretty much the same stuff) & i believe i'll get almost a gram/watt. i've never done that well on a 1st grow, & it won't burn u're plants.

Back
Top Bottom