Osmocote Plus Plant Food: Discuss Its Use With Cannabis Here!

i just mixed it up in a plastic bucket w/a lid & made a bubble can to sit on top. don't know if that was needed but i didn't want to take any chances since it was brewing indoors. didn't want that thing " 'spoding" or anything. ha! it stank like hell, but it sure did seem to work. gave them a tea at about 2weeks into flower & again at about 4 1/2 weeks. i don't know if that was right or not but i thought i read on some thread that's when u should. look on docbud's journal. he knows alot more about teas than i do. i'm sure he has a recipe as good as mine, or prolly better.

akaman, u're gonna love this stuff, if u're looking for a simple, easy grow. it's almost stonerproof. i'm finishing up my 1st successful soil grow ever, in soil. twice, in flower, i brewed a tea, on this grow, & used the dynamite red (pretty much the same stuff) & i believe i'll get almost a gram/watt. i've never done that well on a 1st grow, & it won't burn u're plants.

Thx paw-paw, I'm just a simple man with a simple plan and osmocote and me should do just fine. Did you do a journal for your grows? I couldn't find them. If you have a link to give me I would be appreciative. Also the tea you made, was it guano tea or osmocote?

mine was a simple tea....just used what i had. horse manure,molasses, urea, & bone meal. doc has a much better, more complete, tea. next time i'll follow his recipe & i'll be better prepared. as far as journals, no, don't have a descent camera. hoping to get one for christmas. if not i gotta buy one. i'm a cheap ass....or so i'm told! LOL! this little test grow in soil is my 1st successful (i hope) soil grow i've done. in the late '70's/early 80's i killed a few hundred plants in soil. then i tried hydro & had a minor success & was hooked on growing. after 2/3 successful grows, u'll never even think about buying meds again. it just won't be in u're brain. u'll have failures, but just hang in there. u'll be triumphant in the end.

ak, you can check the links below for my journals using OC+ and a few additives.

Works great

Hey Hash Hound, checked out both links and i'm blown away with the pics (especially the 2nd link, what huge buds, great job) I know that the hps had alot to do with the big buds but ur tellin me that the osmocote bushed them out and helped give them that beautiful color? If so then I can't wait to get some. Would you suggest pairing the osmocote with the dynamite red and molasses and ff nutes? lemme know what u think. Thx bro:bravo::adore::welldone:

akaman,
I used some Gianormous during flowering. I don't really think it needed it, but I can see results of the Snowstorm.
This current grow, which I will start a journal on one of these days, I used a regular dose 5 tbsp of OC+ and, I went a little lighter 2 tbsp on the DMRed in 5 gal buckets.
I have never used FF, but I don't think you will need it, and why spend extra for it.
OC+ is cheap and might even be discounted since it's fall now. I paid $12 at the local hardware and got a $5 rebate form on line. I got 4 bottles of DMRed at HD last year discontinued rack for $3 a piece.
My friend is starting 2 papayas right now and if they sprout I am going to get him to do a OC+, DMRed comparison.

Here are comparison pics showing 1 weeks growth difference with my current soil mix.
Cream Carmel at 5 weeks
CC_5_wks_1_r.jpg

Cream Carmel at 6 wks
CC_6_wks_r.jpg

AK47 at 6 weeks
AK47_6_wks_2_r.jpg

AK47 at 7 weeks
AK47_7_wks_r.jpg

Querkles (2 in one bucket) at 6 weeks
Querkles_6_wks_2_r.jpg

Querkles at 7 weeks
Querkles_7_wks_r.jpg

The difference in a weeks growth is astounding Hash Hound, you've sold me. When you start a journal I'm subbed. Also thx for pointing me in Doc's direction for the tea's. Can't believe the growth after only a week, dam , by the time you finish it's going to be a jungle bro! Wish I lived nearby and knew you since we were kids.:cheesygrinsmiley::clap::clap::clap::welldone:

akaman,
I used some Gianormous during flowering. I don't really think it needed it, but I can see results of the Snowstorm.
Hash Hound which snowstorm do you recommend, purple maxx snowstorm or snowstorm ultra? thx. Also is it good for soil grow? last but not least could you tell me about using molasses and which is better ,organic or unsulphered. Much appreciation!

Thx Hash Hound for being patient with all my questions. As I type I'm also on amazon preparing to order the osmocote plus, the snowstorm ultra and gravity. I had to wait for your response on the molasses so now I can complete my order. You've been very helpful, hopefully it will be kool to send questions your way if I run into trouble.:high-five::Namaste:

Ask away any time akaman.

I'm no expert, but I can tell you what I have done and what worked for me.
I just checked on the plants again today and they are very healthy looking.

OC+ at work again

grow 4 going very well using OC+.

used about 6 tbsp per 5 gal bucket, with 3 tbsp DMred, a little Dolomite and Gypsum.

Since the switch to 12/12 have been adding light dose of Gianormous, Snowstorm Ultra, molasses and epsoms.

Lush green plants again. This stuff works great.

room view
room_2wks_flwr.jpg

Cream Carmel - Sweet Seeds
CC_2wks_flwr.jpg

Aphrodite - Kannabia
Aphro_2wks_flwr.jpg

Tutankhamen (AK47) - Pyramid Seeds
AK47_2wks_flwr.jpg

wow! hash, those plants are killer! u know, i'm sure the add on's help, but bebop 76 just finished up a grow using nothing but oc+ & water in a ready-made soil & got some really good meds from it. kinda' makes u wonder if all the x-tra work is worth it. LOL!

Hash hound those are some very fine pics my man, I only hope I can achieve the same measure of success.:Namaste: OK, I have received all the things I ordered and am now ready to begin. At which week should I start the OC+? I know the snowstorm and the gravity is for flowering but should I also wait till flowering to use molassas or is molassas something to use during veg too? Also I already have FF products from my first grow (big bloom, tiger bloom and grow big), can I safely incorporate the Foxfarms ferts, the snowstorm, the gravity, the OC+ and the molassas with no ill effect? What I think I mean is can I mix like the OC+ with a bat guano tea and one of the ferts together to feed with no ill effects? Last but not least, I'm using the foxfarms ocean forest potting soil, do you think I need to add extra perlite to the mix since it seems to have a light mix of perlite already just doesn't look like alot but I don't want to overdo the perlite thing. Or if you're busy just give me some links to answer my questions, I won't be mad atcha just grateful as hell bro! Thx in advance Hash Hound. Did I mention the great pics? Tremendous:adore:

I mix the OC+ in with the soil. Others add it as a top dressing and work it in a little.

Molasses can be added during veg. Snowstorm says use during veg and flower on the bottle, but I waited until 12/12 to start. Gravity I would assume start at flower like I did with the Gianormous. Don't for get to add a tbsp of epsoms now and then when watering.

FF nutes should not be needed. But if you wanna add some, just start on the very light side.

Not sure about how often to use the tea or when.

As for perlite, you need to be the judge on that. Of the two soils I use, the Magik Moss has a lot perlite in it already along with vermiculite, no need for me to add any. The Pro Mix has it also, but not as much.
I don't think it would hurt to add 10% or so if you feel like it needs it.

epsoms are for magnesium

I have my 23w cfl about 3 inches from the seedlings

for HID lights, if its to hot for your hand its hot for the plant. And I think it's the same for cfl's, so you can keep them pretty close.

Back
Top Bottom