Osmocote Plus Plant Food: Discuss Its Use With Cannabis Here!

sorry, akaman, but it should be on completed journals soon as moderators move it. one thing about that grow is that everything was kept very clean. there were some screw-ups at first & then everything took off.

Say, I have been using OC+, works good for me. I also use molasses. Now, should I use and bloom enhancers with the molasses and OC+?

It's not necessary...but you can. I know DocBud uses Snow Storm Ultra and has had great results. Just be careful when trying something new.

aka, just found it. ongoing journals page 3 close to top of page. short, to the point, journal. bebop76

Thx paw-paw! If all bee used for nutes was OC+ and he turned out such huge, green plants then I'm sold. I wonder if it was also the led light he was using as well. I'll be using 6 40 watt cfl's for my grow in a small cabinet I made from a entertaiment cabinet( 23"x6"x51" ). Can't afford a tent like bee used so I'll have to deal with small space until then. And I'll have to read up on topping, I don't think I'll have the space to Lst. Thx again for hooking me up with Beebop's grow:thanks::Namaste:

aka, i see 2 problems w/u're grow. 1)i don't believe 6" will be big enough...hope i'm wrong. 2) u're plants will grow just fine w/cfl's but flowering/finishing will be more difficult. don't get me wrong, lots of good growers do it...it's just harder to get them to finish. u might try using a shorter "lites on" time & make sure there's NO lite leaks. don't forget to have plenty of airflow. hope this helps. GOOD LUCK!

ncdude, fratt's right. i'd do a couple of grows before i started using any enhancers & don't go overboard, when u do. some strains go sorta' berserk on enhancers. ss ultra is a fine product but go easy at 1st. i think i'd learn my strain 1st. just a thought, but it's u're grow. GOOD LUCK!

ncdude, fratt's right. i'd do a couple of grows before i started using any enhancers & don't go overboard, when u do. some strains go sorta' berserk on enhancers. ss ultra is a fine product but go easy at 1st. i think i'd learn my strain 1st. just a thought, but it's u're grow. GOOD LUCK!

Paw-paw makes a really good point that I should have stressed as well... If this is the first or second time growing a strain I am an advocate of keeping it simple until you learn the intricacies of that strain, and establish sort of a base-line.

For all any of us know, the bloom enhancer you are considering may hurt quality or yield on the particular pheno of the particular strain in your particular setup. Until you've had a base-line grow you'll have no idea if there are benefits to using that product at all.

aka, i see 2 problems w/u're grow. 1)i don't believe 6" will be big enough...hope i'm wrong. 2) u're plants will grow just fine w/cfl's but flowering/finishing will be more difficult. don't get me wrong, lots of good growers do it...it's just harder to get them to finish. u might try using a shorter "lites on" time & make sure there's NO lite leaks. don't forget to have plenty of airflow. hope this helps. GOOD LUCK!

Lol, I'm sry paw-paw for the typo, it's 16 inches not 6. Also I got the idea for the cfl grow from looking at Manuska Valley's pics (even tho he used flourescent lights, the 48 inch shop light). He has some wicked pics of his plants which are amazing. I'm going to try 6 plants with 15,900 lumens hopefully it works and if I don't get what I expected I'll learn from it and maybe save up for a Led light and do it right, if you know what I mean:allgood:. When you say shorter "lights on" time, at what point in their growth were you talking about? Because in the seedling stage I was going to give them 16 on and 8 off with lights approximately 12 to 18 inches away then in veg give them 18 to 24 hrs of light at about 3 inches away from light and keep it at 3 inches thru flowering. As far as air is concerned I have a computer fan at the top and a passive intake which is to say I cut a rectangular hole across the bottom side (1 inch x 10 inches). If anything I probably have to get a stronger exhaust fan. Let me know what you think of this plan.:thanks:

ok, let's not complicate this. u've got 51" total space to work with. u'll need room for the lites & room for the roots (pots) so let's not stretch 'em too much. the farther u lites are from the babies the more they'll stretch so i'd put the lites down about 1" till they sprout, then about 2". u won't be able to veg too much because they'll double or,possibly triple in height when u flip to flower. here's the 'uncomplicating' part...just put u timer on 18/6 & leave it there till u flip to flower. when u flip to flower, remember, they're gonna veg for about 3 weeks more anyway. of course, i'm just a sinile ol' man & it's u're grow. GOOD LUCK!

ok, let's not complicate this.

I bought BushMaster to keep the heights of the plants in check because I knew the space I had left after the lights and the pots would diminish greatly. Now, will the Bushmaster work? I don't know but I'm praying it does. As for the time " lights on and off", Jorge Cervantes Growers Bible says and I quote " Fewer hours of daylight (e.g.14 hours) increase the number of females. Longer days (18 hours) make more male plants." Hence the decision to do 16 hours on and 8 hours off. Was just trying to increase the odds in my favor:). Before I forget, can I keep the light at 2 inches for the remainder of the grow? Thx paw-paw, for taking the time to throw some insight my way I appreciate that.

jorge is right, so why not take it further? why not just do 12/12 from seed & save the chemicals for when u really need them? bushmaster is a fine product, but u may not need it. my seed starting trays hold 55 seeds & i do 3 at a time. 55x3=165 & i get 100-110 females, even from the most stubborn females, u'll see preflowers by week 3. so, yeah, the less stress u put on them, the better. on the issue of distance, i wasn't very clear, sorry. once the plants get a couple of sets of leaves, put u're hand on top of them. if it's too hot to leave u're hand there, it's too hot for the plants. the biggest problem i see w/newer growers is they need to stay out of the way & let 'em grow. it's a weed. it's been growing for thousands of years, all by itself, w/out any help from man. just give 'em a good atmospher & watch the magic. hope this helps. btw, that's my favorite grow bible...rely on it more & less on the chemicals. good luck.

jorge is right, so why not take it further? why not just do 12/12 from seed & save the chemicals for when u really need them? You're right paw-paw, I'm definitely one of those new growers you're talking about. I'm stressing out before there's anything to really stress about. I'm glad we spoke before I passed this stress to my plants. And I think I'll try the 12/12 from seed, I have nothing to lose and everything to gain (I have a baggie full of bagseed from previous purchases to experiment with). As you might have figured out by now, whenever you answer my questions I always come up with another......sooo.......can you tell me when you think I should start using the stuff I bought (snow storm ultra, gravity, molassas) since I never have grown starting 12/12 before. I'd hate to start to soon or to late and end up killing the plants. P.S. I just want to mention the other stuff I have so you can tell me what, in your opinion, you think I should use or not , thx again paw-paw. ( foxfarms tiger bloom, big bloom and grow big, jamaican, indonesian and mexican bat guano). Btw the Grower's Bible also said that high nitrogen and low phosphurus also equals a greater chance of females, which explains the guano's. Did I ever mention I'll be using OC+? Beebop76's grow was amazing, thx for that info.:bravo:

u're city has a web page on the water supply. look for total alkalinity. anything under 100 & u're golden. anything above 100 & u need a filter. u need b-1/superthrive/kln...some kind of root stimulator, water, soil, light, fresh air oc+ & the seed that are wasting away in that bag. now, lets get busy & kill some plants!ha! u might go back & read bee's journal again...it's only 3 pages. he used almost nothing. all u have to grow is 1 good, high quality bud. when u take that 1st hit & u're mind starts soaring...well...u're a grower.

Just went thru ur 12/2 grow Hash, what can I say that everybody else hasn't? Man the bush and the beautiful green color was awesome. From what i saw the buds were fat, that skunk plant looked like one huge bud
and last but not least the end results had such a beautiful color that it had me drooling. Thx for turning me on to that grow. I doubt mine will look like yours especially since I'll be using cfl's from start to end, but I'll be damned if I won't try:adore:

TY aka for the kind words.

actually had to many plants in there, but all turned out fine.

Don't sell your self short with the CFL's. My friend uses them and turns out fine bud.

My advice though is to try a scrog so most of the buds can be right below the lights. Not much penetration with the CFL's

Back
Top Bottom