Osmocote Plus Plant Food: Discuss Its Use With Cannabis Here!

More OC+ grown bud

Here are a few pics. The plants are 9+ weeks 12/12 and will most likely be picked this weekend (full moon).

Here is the Cream Carmel
CC_flwr_9wks_1.jpg
CC_flwr_9wks_3.jpg
CC_flwr_9wks_4b.jpg

and here is the AK
AK47_flwr_9wks_1.jpg

AK47_flwr_9wks_2b.jpg

AK47_flwr_9wks_4b.jpg

Ok. Its good to see your discussion,tanks.
My question assumes you are all soil "gardeners"; would someone please tell me if using the TR nut is like adding bone meal or green sand....got to have the right proportions to amt of soil.
I know this is off the track...but I am alone in all this after moving to a new town. I need help finding the best soil mix. Since you guy sound smart I ask for hints to make soil so I can proceed plant. Thnxn

My question assumes you are all soil "gardeners"; would someone please tell me if using the TR nut is like adding bone meal or green sand....got to have the right proportions to amt of soil.
I know this is off the track...but I am alone in all this after moving to a new town. I need help finding the best soil mix. Since you guy sound smart I ask for hints to make soil so I can proceed plant. Thnxn

Yes, but the similarities end with adding the right amount... Constructing an organic soil mix with the correct proportions of everything is tricky. Some additions like blood meal, are available to the plant fairly quickly, while others like bone meal or greensand take much longer to break down. Most soil mixes should also be watered and allowed to "cook" for at least a month before you use them. Many companies offer there own version of these soil mixes that have all that stuff added already... Fox Farms Ocean Forest, Roots Organic and Vermisoil would be examples.

Osmocote Plus is more accurately described as a CRF (controlled release fertilizer) rather than TR, but both offer a full nutrient profile over the designed duration.

Also, the soil food web is an important aspect of an organic soil mix, since many organic nutrients are dependent on the microorganisms in the soil breaking down the compounds so the plants can use them, you have to feed the soil as well as the plant. A product like OC+ can be used in a sterile medium.

Right now I split the difference and start with a neutral potting mix and amend with stuff like greensand, Azomite, kelp meal, dolomite, etc. and feed with OC+...but my first grow was 50/50 Ocean Forest and Light Warrior with OC+, and I had great results... I posted pics somewhere earlier in the thread.

I'm not sure if that helps...

:Namaste:

It's nice to spend money on the spendy soil, or subscribe to hundreds of dollars in super growth products (they all seem to "guarantee" incredible results).

Personally, I get a bale of Sunshine, mix in Perlite until it is around 30%, add OC+ to the top 3-4" of the whatever pot I am using (1 tablespoon/gal), put my sprout/clone in the middle and water it. The OC+ carries them through veg and into flowering but then I top them off with Fox Farms nutes (way too easy to mix up a batch) following the regular schedule when they start feeding off the lower leaves. OC+ will not last as long if it is hot and I really think that the plants need more than what it provides to flower them all the way out, but your plants will tell you what they need.

I have grown some of the best stuff I have ever experienced with OC+. You can spend your time fussing with all the nutes or you can kick back and watch them grow ... and grow ... and grow.

I must say this thread is incredible! I've read almost every page and have been convinced to do a hempy oc+ grow. I got everything all set up and my Auto White Widow has been vegging for about 5 1/2 weeks now. Everything has been going awesome so far until the other day. She starting to look sick. Some area look great, but some not so much.

My theory is she needs more oc+ added to the media. Is it possible that the initial batch I put in is starting to wear off? I have a 3gal hempy bucket with perlite and vermiculite. I added 2 tbsp's oc+ per gallon as recommended from DocBud. I'm watering every other day and temps are 75-80F constantly. I using PH'd 5.8-6.0 tap water.

What do you guys think? is she starving or does she have a deficiency?

EP272778.JPG
EP272781.JPG
EP272780.jpg
EP272779.JPG

infused,

overall your plants look healthy. Maybe she didn't like being pruned, and that caused the problem.

Thanks Hash Hound! I think you're right. I did recently cut back some of the huge fan leaves. I only did 4 or 5 of them, but probably enough to make her upset. I'll just leave her alone from now on ha. Thanks again :thumb:

None of the stores near me carry the OC+. No ace stores, guess im going to have to order it from amazon.

Big thanks to everyone in this thread, SO much information.

Just finished reading this entire thread, and ive decided to do a soil grow. I'm only going to grow one plant at a time from seed. No idea on what strain yet, I may just try some seeds I have laying around.

I cant decide on a soil type though, i'm building an indoor grow room for a lot of other herbs and the weed is just a bonus.

EDIT:::

Actually found a hydro place near me that has both the fox farms OF and promix. I need to decide between the two

Just finished reading this entire thread, and ive decided to do a soil grow. I'm only going to grow one plant at a time from seed. No idea on what strain yet, I may just try some seeds I have laying around.

I cant decide on a soil type though, i'm building an indoor grow room for a lot of other herbs and the weed is just a bonus.

EDIT:::

Actually found a hydro place near me that has both the fox farms OF and promix. I need to decide between the two

FFOF is kind of hot to start with, sometimes a little too much for certain strains or seedlings. Promix on the other hand doesn't have much in it for nutes. There are also different varieties of Promix, I use the container mix in the blue bail as a base for my own mix.

I have had really good luck in the past by using 50/50 Ocean Forest & Light Warrior... I also start my seeds in the Fox Farms Light Warrior spiked with some worm castings.

FFOF is kind of hot to start with, sometimes a little too much for certain strains or seedlings. Promix on the other hand doesn't have much in it for nutes. There are also different varieties of Promix, I use the container mix in the blue bail as a base for my own mix.

I have had really good luck in the past by using 50/50 Ocean Forest & Light Warrior... I also start my seeds in the Fox Farms Light Warrior spiked with some worm castings.

So many options, I actually plan to grow a lot of other herbs in the other half of the grow room. The light warrior may be to little for them. Maybe for a future grow. I may try 50/50 OF and happy frog and maybe add in some perlite to make sure its light enough and so it drains well.

Back
Top Bottom