OSSC White Critical

All tied up. It was a very rough day for the dwc plant. She has a few cracks in the stem to heal up. I shouldn't have any height problems now.
I wanted to let this one go without being tied down but it just got too big. I was going to need to raise the light and raise up the other plant, and still be questionable. I think I'll have enough room maybee some to spare height wise. It's looking like my space is going to be filled wall to wall now.

I've been getting ready to do a resavoir change "takes a while to run that much ro water". Since it's so freshly broken and tied im gona give it a few days to heal up before trieng to change the tote.
My 2nd resavoir change plan was to empty the tote with a transfer pump,switch the lid to a new tote, then refill with the pump again. I have 3 of the same totes. Having all the wire ties attached to the rim of the totes will not make things easy.

I have the extra totes cause I thought I could run more than one in here...lol. Even thoughts of a rdwc setup,..There wouldn't even be room for one with any real veg time.

Ive got a little behind on the write up. The first brown pistols showed up, or noticed on day 38.
Day 20 brought a resavoir change for the dwc plant. The tote holds 5 gallon to the netpot this mix is 4.5 gallons so I can still dilute some if I need too.
This was the ppm totaled after adding
4.5 gal ro water 28ppm
20ml silica blast 39ppm
20ml cal mag 245ppm
30ml pgp 520ppm
Ph 6ish no up or down added

Day 25 dwc plant has used quite a bit of water ppm 500 ph7 toped off with
5ml silica blast
5ml cal-mag plus
10ml pgp
10ml liquid karma
5ml hydroplex
Ppm 1150 so cut in half with an extra gallon water
Ppm626
Ph5ish

The mix in the tote is now 536ppm ph6ish

Day 43 promix watered with 1/2 gallon molassis

Day 43/25. I almost forgot with everything else, I raised the light from 14" to 16". The canopy is pretty close between the soil and dwc plants. I also loosened the lst to top off the tote and left the wire ties on the branches but not fastened down.

I think I'm starting to get nute burn just a touch.My highest ppm was around 850ppm next time I'll try to up the nutes a little earlier in the grow and start backing it down by now.
I think I'll skip any nutes for a couple days, if not untill harvest. There shouldn't be more than a few weeks to go before the first chop.

The soil plant doesen't need water yet. I was really expecting it to.I think she is winding down and I'm hoping the buds will fatten up more soon. I haven't seen any mites on the soil plant now but the damage is showing up more as the damaged leaves are fading first and faster.
I added to the dwc resavoir the last 1/2 gallon leftover nutes. Ph washigh 6ish ppm was unavailable since my meter grew legs and ran off.

49-56 days flowering is what they say in the description for this one. As much as I hear about breeders or seed sellers exagurating short flowering times, this one seems to be about right.
I havent decided a time to chop yet but it's coming sooner than later. Tricombs are mixed mostly cloudy and some clear and showing amber on the sugar leaves. I was thinking Id let the soil plant go late and the dwc plant early to cut at the same time but I think theyre too far apart.
My last harvest was right around 60 days but the plant couldn't support the buds anymore and instead of suporting it I harvested.
I think the silica blast has made a lot stronger branches and stems so hopefully there will be some fat heavy buds. Im pretty confident the soil plant would already make some decent smoke already, but Im just gona keep watching and let her fill out as much as she can.

The soil plant is still slow on water use right now. I think it's just slowing down being close end of flowering, but I've still not really noticed the swell at all. My last harvest was around 60 days with a mix of amber and cloudy and branches that couldnt support the buds. I think they should be bulking up big right now so Im a little concerned, but I won't worry too much since I think it'd be smokably bud already.
The only things I've changed this round is adding silica blast and switching from cmh to cob.
The branches and structure of the plant are much stronger. I think I can let this one go a little longer without falling over I think the silica made a big difference. The lights I don't think was really that big a difference accept more power, penatration and heat. The cmh light had the ballast in the hood where the cob driver is cooled at the exhaust temprature way better so not exactly apples to apples.

If nothing comes up Id like to let one plant go late and take one early for a little more diversity out of the same strain.

Back
Top Bottom