Osteoarthritis by Anonymous

Julie Gardener

Osteoarthritis by Anonymous​

Without boring you with unnecessary detail, I have my reasons for being a marijuana user. I have severe osteoarthritis, the pain of which is helped immensely by marijuana. I use no other painkiller on a regular basis. Occasionally I will take some aspirin or Alleve (naproxyn sodium) when the pain is very severe; but if it were not for marijuana I would need to take substances every day that would be much more harmful to my body. I also suffer from PTSD which is also helped immensely by marijuana.

There are times when I feel like I'm jumping out of my skin and the marijuana helps to relax me and take the edge off. Marijuana doesn't make my problems go away, it just helps me to deal with them much better which is what any good medicine does. I must say that even years ago before I had these problems I enjoyed marijuana for it's effects. I'm over 50 years old and certainly able to make rational decisions about my life. If I am willing to risk possible arrest and incarceration in order to use a substance it would have to be much more effective than most prescribed
medicines. It is that and more.

Source: Comments and Observations

Back
Top Bottom