Otterfarm Flooded! NextLight Mega Responsible!

:love: Welcome :love:
Secure Your Shades
There's A New Light in Otterville!
And I Couldn't Be Happier To Show You All!

You know things are good when you can think back and say, what days have been better than this one, and birth of children come to mind. Today's one. My Nextlight Mega came just in time to grow a tent full of medical weed for Ms Otter and myself. Thank You 420 Mag! Thank You @NextLight for this incredible Light. We're going to grow our hearts out now, because that's what we do here! This light is flooding the tent with photons like never before.
I'm looking forward to seeing bigger, better nuggetry with this beautiful beacon. Should be easy for the light, it's a commercial unit. Let's see if I'm up to the task.

The tent is 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 feet so this light with it's 5 x 5 flowering footprint and 7 foot vegging footprint is such a match! I'll have to figure this baby out some but it looks like 24 to 48 inches for veg and around 12 for flower. No variable output now but I can install it if I want.

The grow is: 2 Northern Lights Fem I forget the breeder. A Blue Dream CBD - Humboldt Seeds and I have 3 Stankberry regs - @Van Stank Stank, in pots. Some are up

I'll be growing them in Living Organic Soil ala The Rev's recipe 2.2. This is second run soil so I'm especially happy to be not only re using this soil but it's getting better with age too I'm told. Let's see!

Here we go!

That's a powerhouse looking light fixture. I wonder though if the youngsters as well as your wallet might benefit more from less light at this stage? This is just me asking a question cause I don't honestly know for sure. Could you get results as good from say a small 300 watt LED fixture drawing 130 watts from the wall? I veg and run autos under a 450 watt LED. Again, I don't know and this is how I learn by asking...….….are we there yet? are we there yet?

:love: Welcome :love:
Secure Your Shades
There's A New Light in Otterville!
And I Couldn't Be Happier To Show You All!

You know things are good when you can think back and say, what days have been better than this one, and birth of children come to mind. Today's one. My Nextlight Mega came just in time to grow a tent full of medical weed for Ms Otter and myself. Thank You 420 Mag! Thank You @NextLight for this incredible Light. We're going to grow our hearts out now, because that's what we do here! This light is flooding the tent with photons like never before.
I'm looking forward to seeing bigger, better nuggetry with this beautiful beacon. Should be easy for the light, it's a commercial unit. Let's see if I'm up to the task.

The tent is 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 feet so this light with it's 5 x 5 flowering footprint and 7 foot vegging footprint is such a match! I'll have to figure this baby out some but it looks like 24 to 48 inches for veg and around 12 for flower. No variable output now but I can install it if I want.

The grow is: 2 Northern Lights Fem I forget the breeder. A Blue Dream CBD - Humboldt Seeds and I have 3 Stankberry regs - @Van Stank Stank, in pots. Some are up

I'll be growing them in Living Organic Soil ala The Rev's recipe 2.2. This is second run soil so I'm especially happy to be not only re using this soil but it's getting better with age too I'm told. Let's see!

Here we go!

:popcorn::passitleft:

That's a powerhouse looking light fixture. I wonder though if the youngsters as well as your wallet might benefit more from less light at this stage? This is just me asking a question cause I don't honestly know for sure. Could you get results as good from say a small 300 watt LED fixture drawing 130 watts from the wall? I veg and run autos under a 450 watt LED. Again, I don't know and this is how I learn by asking...….….are we there yet? are we there yet?
Hey beez, no doubt. I want to get a feel for it this run. Some say start them full bore, others no. We'll see.

DE 1000w HPS Replacement

The NextLight Mega produces a high intensity full spectrum light designed to efficiently replace any DE 1000w HPS on the market. This bright white LED grow light is named “Mega” not for its size but for the increased production and large footprint it will supply to your canopy. Using only 650 watts, this light is perfect for growers looking to cover larger areas using less. The Mega covers a 5 ft x 5 ft flower footprint and a 7 ft x 7 ft veg footprint. This unit is part of the NextLight Commercial Series. This distinction means each unit is covered by a 5 year full manufacturer’s warranty, has a 100,000 hour life rating, is UL listed and you will never have to change a bulb again.

The Mega is designed to meet the needs of commercial and home growers alike. We understand excessive power consumption, bulb replacements and heat are the biggest problems indoor growers face. The NextLight Commercial Series alleviates all of those issues. Coming in at 2.15 PPF/Watt, the Mega is the most efficient full spectrum LED, period

• Flower Footprint: 5 ft x 5 ft

• Veg Footprint: 7 ft x 7 ft

• PPF: 1400

• Wattage: 650w

• PPF/Watt: 2.15

• Unit Dimensions: 36.5 in x 35.5 in

Commercial Series Universal Specifications

• Life Rating: 100,000 hrs

• Warranty: 5 Years Full

• Operating Volts: 120v - 277v

• UL Certified

• No Bulb Replacements

Info from the nextlight site for anyone else interested in this Beast.

Sup otter congrats on the new light as well curious to see what you can do with it boss.

:lot-o-toke:
I have to fill it up to start, There's an echo in there now, a very bright one. 2 appleberry auto and 2
Afghan Kush Ryder Auto are going to get started tonight or tomorrow. I hope to fill the 3 x 3 with them when the dark devils are done. They are 51 days today. Gettin some indica meds in the house asap!

DE 1000w HPS Replacement

The NextLight Mega produces a high intensity full spectrum light designed to efficiently replace any DE 1000w HPS on the market. This bright white LED grow light is named “Mega” not for its size but for the increased production and large footprint it will supply to your canopy. Using only 650 watts, this light is perfect for growers looking to cover larger areas using less. The Mega covers a 5 ft x 5 ft flower footprint and a 7 ft x 7 ft veg footprint. This unit is part of the NextLight Commercial Series. This distinction means each unit is covered by a 5 year full manufacturer’s warranty, has a 100,000 hour life rating, is UL listed and you will never have to change a bulb again.

The Mega is designed to meet the needs of commercial and home growers alike. We understand excessive power consumption, bulb replacements and heat are the biggest problems indoor growers face. The NextLight Commercial Series alleviates all of those issues. Coming in at 2.15 PPF/Watt, the Mega is the most efficient full spectrum LED, period

• Flower Footprint: 5 ft x 5 ft

• Veg Footprint: 7 ft x 7 ft

• PPF: 1400

• Wattage: 650w

• PPF/Watt: 2.15

• Unit Dimensions: 36.5 in x 35.5 in

Commercial Series Universal Specifications

• Life Rating: 100,000 hrs

• Warranty: 5 Years Full

• Operating Volts: 120v - 277v

• UL Certified

• No Bulb Replacements

Info from the nextlight site for anyone else interested in this Beast.
Thanks TB!!
I can say this light replaced my 2 - 4 cob units that grew pretty well in the 4 x 4. The brightness in there is so much more than those and a bit warmer with the added 75 watts. I had to turn the exhaust fan up to get it in the right temp zone.
This is a beautiful beast for sure!

:party:
So as to not be lonely in there I thought some neighbors might be nice. I put together 4 pots with 2 Baby Boom Autos by Kannabia, and 2 Appleberry Autos by Sumo. Both mostly indica and needed to fill our slight indica deficiency coming if I don't. Here's some pics of the action this morning.
Making up the bags I put some piles of oyster shell in the bottom with a sprinkle of flowering amendment and then wet down with a spray of water. Fill with soil, drive 4, half inch round holes 2 inches from the outside of the bag through to the bottom and fill with spike material. The ingredients are on the jars in the pic. Edit: I want to mention this is amended second run v2.2 soil. I'm told it can get better with age. I hope to prove it does! It's been cooking for a couple of months.

Back
Top Bottom