Otterfarm Flooded! NextLight Mega Responsible!

:love: Welcome :love:
Secure Your Shades
There's A New Light in Otterville!
And I Couldn't Be Happier To Show You All!

You know things are good when you can think back and say, what days have been better than this one, and birth of children come to mind. Today's one. My Nextlight Mega came just in time to grow a tent full of medical weed for Ms Otter and myself. Thank You 420 Mag! Thank You @NextLight for this incredible Light. We're going to grow our hearts out now, because that's what we do here! This light is flooding the tent with photons like never before.
I'm looking forward to seeing bigger, better nuggetry with this beautiful beacon. Should be easy for the light, it's a commercial unit. Let's see if I'm up to the task.

The tent is 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 feet so this light with it's 5 x 5 flowering footprint and 7 foot vegging footprint is such a match! I'll have to figure this baby out some but it looks like 24 to 48 inches for veg and around 12 for flower. No variable output now but I can install it if I want.

The grow is: 2 Northern Lights Fem I forget the breeder. A Blue Dream CBD - Humboldt Seeds and I have 3 Stankberry regs - @Van Stank Stank, in pots. Some are up

I'll be growing them in Living Organic Soil ala The Rev's recipe 2.2. This is second run soil so I'm especially happy to be not only re using this soil but it's getting better with age too I'm told. Let's see!

Here we go!

Damn @stoneotter :thedoubletake::thedoubletake: I think that's the light I've been looking at to replace my 1000 watt HPS...Mofo's almost 1700, you lucky otter :rofl:

Damn @stoneotter :thedoubletake::thedoubletake: I think that's the light I've been looking at to replace my 1000 watt HPS...Mofo's almost 1700, you lucky otter :rofl:
Hi Mocha, they say they designed it to replace the spectrum and power of a 1000 watt hps. Some say that spectrum makes bud taste great. It's a real nice light and I have it started on it's second grow as of yesterday. I have to put the new journal together hopefully today. I had good lights before this one, and it blew them away with no looking back. The finished buds rock! The thing is industrial too. I like the idea of fixing something when it breaks rather than throwing it out. The cost is up there. I saw they put it on sale earlier this year for 1100. if I remember right. That's a big sale, maybe they'll do it again. Lucky's right!

Hi Mocha, they say they designed it to replace the spectrum and power of a 1000 watt hps. Some say that spectrum makes bud taste great. It's a real nice light and I have it started on it's second grow as of yesterday. I have to put the new journal together hopefully today. I had good lights before this one, and it blew them away with no looking back. The finished buds rock! The thing is industrial too. I like the idea of fixing something when it breaks rather than throwing it out. The cost is up there. I saw they put it on sale earlier this year for 1100. if I remember right. That's a big sale, maybe they'll do it again. Lucky's right!
I've been looking and liking, and thinking it may be a long term investment possibility :thumb:

I've been looking and liking, and thinking it may be a long term investment possibility :thumb:
I can say this light made my harvest weight go from 23 z's to 32 first shot and I had a few things happen to hurt the grow. In the downtime I installed a dimmer. I needed to veg with something less than 650 watts. Par meter coming Friday so I can get on board this light thing more scientifically. I won't guess what it's capable of but it's way more than the 32z's if I were to grow all the same and have a flat canopy. I had 3 different cultivar heights going. You already have that capacity with the hps though.

I can say this light made my harvest weight go from 23 z's to 32 first shot and I had a few things happen to hurt the grow. In the downtime I installed a dimmer. I needed to veg with something less than 650 watts. Par meter coming Friday so I can get on board this light thing more scientifically. I won't guess what it's capable of but it's way more than the 32z's if I were to grow all the same and have a flat canopy. I had 3 different cultivar heights going. You already have that capacity with the hps though.
Wow that's awesome...and I didn't think about the different strains going at different heights :hmmmm::hmmmm: huh...something else to think about :nerd-with-glasses:

Hey Otter, just making the rounds brother.....hoping you and Ms are doing well and staying medicated my friend! :high-five: :passitleft:
Hey brother good to see you! We're very good thanks. I hope the same for you and family. We've been enjoying the hell out of your stankberries and I have more planted along with one of its crosses with a blue dream cbd. We're just staying home and growing some weed for a while.

Hey brother good to see you! We're very good thanks. I hope the same for you and family. We've been enjoying the hell out of your stankberries and I have more planted along with one of its crosses with a blue dream cbd. We're just staying home and growing some weed for a while.
Very nice....I have 3 Stankberry, 2 DTF, and 2 KBTFs going right now....really hoping to find a girl from each strain! Though if I find a good looking dude, I have some ladies that would love to go frolicking!

Hello Mr otter!

Wow you have some amazing looking buds and a huge tent full of them. Looks more like a forest! :eek:

I won the same light and looking at what you have done with it has surprised me so much! I mean besides the obvious skill you have growing such beautiful plants.

Mr shed is kindly storing mine while I work on shipping it to my country. I'm going to have to buy him a few cases of beer or something for that haha thanks again shed:Namaste:.

I'd much like to follow your grow as I can.

Hello Mr otter!

Wow you have some amazing looking buds and a huge tent full of them. Looks more like a forest! :eek:

I won the same light and looking at what you have done with it has surprised me so much! I mean besides the obvious skill you have growing such beautiful plants.

Mr shed is kindly storing mine while I work on shipping it to my country. I'm going to have to buy him a few cases of beer or something for that haha thanks again shed:Namaste:.

I'd much like to follow your grow as I can.
Hi Dk, you have a super light coming! I couldn't believe the weight and quality difference in the grow and I was sick and other things were going on. I really didn't put the work in to reap all the benefits of it! So I was very surprised. I can't wait to put a real effort in and see what it'll do!

I'm gearing up for the next grows now and will post here when it comes up. Some time this week I'm almost sure.

:reading420magazine: :dude-knocking::thumb::bravo::ciao:

I think you should start a perpetual grow journal Otter, you are always growing around the clock anyway. Would make it easy for me and the retarded sea captain in me. :laughtwo:

What's the line up this time?
Maybe I will CraZ. Let's see, if all goes well there's: 1 Stankberry, 1 Stankberry x Blue Dream CBD. 1 white Rhino, and 1 CBD Cream and Cheese in the 4 x 4. The 3 x 3 is going to have 2 Godfather OG's in scrog under the new NextLight Core in concert with @Weedseedsexpress . Those Godfather Ladies should be a whole new level of height to me! My Captain!

Maybe I will CraZ. Let's see, if all goes well there's: 1 Stankberry, 1 Stankberry x Blue Dream CBD. 1 white Rhino, and 1 CBD Cream and Cheese in the 4 x 4. The 3 x 3 is going to have 2 Godfather OG's in scrog under the new NextLight Core in concert with @Weedseedsexpress . Those Godfather Ladies should be a whole new level of height to me! My Captain!
I was reading the beginnings of this journal and got so excited by your new light that I'm glad I found this just before the commencement of your new grow.

All my best,
~Magnus

Back
Top Bottom