Our American cousins

IndicaSativa

Hi guys...

I am from the UK and I'm just wondering.... do our long lost cousins over the water in the United States know how to skin up properly?

By skinning up i mean rolling a nice, tight, firm joint that smokes evenly and holds firm all the way down, a nice roach - none of that sucking on a wet rizla with green sticking out the end :)

I only ask because in my (albeit limited) experience of personal friends from the USA - none of them can skin up properly. All heavy duty smokers, from LA, New York, SF and Miami and none of them can skin up..... Sure, they can roll a saggy, bumpy wet lookin thing somewhat comparable to a camels ankle - but they always take it in good humour when I comment on this :)

Is that the general trend? Or have I just seen a skewed sample? (I know of at least 7 people that are in this boat)

Don't get me wrong, I don't think there's anything wrong with not being able to roll properly per se... just wondering why this may be the case? Is it simply that you guys use bongs all the time and never have to go through the pain in the neck of rolling up?

Cheers,

IS

:peace:

Re: Our American cousins....

I can't speak for the entire nation but I can sure keep up with you Elton John and Boy George types

Fyi there are still people on this side of the lake who cant skin up properly, me for example. I try and try but get nowhere ? Any advice, cause i would love to be able to roll properly ! :)

I have to admit, it is a shame that more peeps can't roll a decent doob to save their life!

Here's a Cap Kronic special... and yes... it was hand rolled :Namaste:
DSCN28201.JPG

I wish my monitor was a Scratch N' Sniff. That is pretty pretty joint. I can't roll because I have never tried. I have a lot of glass pieces and I love them.:bong:

I don't use crutches as they are a hassle and I don't find them useful. I use ultra-thin 1-1/4 papers, a diamond-cut grinder, and always roll by hand. I don't know how they would differ from a 'joint', or how that differs from a 'marijuana cigarette', but I refer to them as 'doobies'. I smoke a lot of these.

nice11.JPG

I keep meaning to make a video, but it takes time to plan it all out. I started doing it before, but I kept running into things I forgot I would want at hand, or actions I should emphasize and didn't. I started over a bunch of times until I was too high and gave up. I should take another shot at it I guess.

Plus, I'm not big on giving away my real ID as I would have to on youtube.

:peace:

Both awesome joints ... maybe ill post a vid of me rolling one so I can show you all how a real pro rolls joints ;)

Hi guys...

I am from the UK and I'm just wondering.... do our long lost cousins over the water in the United States know how to skin up properly?

Absolutely. When I need to "skin up," I always reach for a MAGNUM® XL Lubricated Condom. Still a little snug, but what can you do?

As for rolling joints... Many of us do all right. Personally, I like RAW King Size Supreme natural unbleached rolling papers. They're approximately 4¼" (10.8cm) long. That's handy because if you're not using at least a gram - of pure potent cannabis, we don't use those space-wasting paper "filters" or dilute the joint with tobacco on this side of the "pond," as we are a country founded on cannabis (you may have heard that Thomas Jefferson drafted the Declaration of Independence on paper that was made from the plant?;)) - then it's not worth wasting a paper for. RAWs are thin enough to read the Lord's Prayer through, and support slow burning. Also, they stand up nicely when you create a tube by wetting the adhesive and sticking the other end of the paper to it - which is very handy when you are rolling up a 16-gram joint for those friendly little social occasions.

I hope that you do equally well over there. I am a little concerned though, because you referred to the process as a pain in the neck in your post even though it takes less than a minute (unless you're rolling a party-joint - tamping every few grams takes extra time). Perhaps, like me, you once rolled a joint whilst riding on the back of a motorcycle and were recalling the experience as you were typing your post?

Have a great day and in the interests of USA to UK relations, let's pass the virtual joint:joint:.

Absolutely. When I need to "skin up," I always reach for a MAGNUM® XL Lubricated Condom. Still a little snug, but what can you do?

As for rolling joints... Many of us do all right. Personally, I like RAW King Size Supreme natural unbleached rolling papers. They're approximately 4¼" (10.8cm) long. That's handy because if you're not using at least a gram - of pure potent cannabis, we don't use those space-wasting paper "filters" or dilute the joint with tobacco on this side of the "pond," as we are a country founded on cannabis (you may have heard that Thomas Jefferson drafted the Declaration of Independence on paper that was made from the plant?;)) - then it's not worth wasting a paper for. RAWs are thin enough to read the Lord's Prayer through, and support slow burning. Also, they stand up nicely when you create a tube by wetting the adhesive and sticking the other end of the paper to it - which is very handy when you are rolling up a 16-gram joint for those friendly little social occasions.

I hope that you do equally well over there. I am a little concerned though, because you referred to the process as a pain in the neck in your post even though it takes less than a minute (unless you're rolling a party-joint - tamping every few grams takes extra time). Perhaps, like me, you once rolled a joint whilst riding on the back of a motorcycle and were recalling the experience as you were typing your post?

Have a great day and in the interests of USA to UK relations, let's pass the virtual joint:joint:.

I always feel the Brits still harbor a bit of King George Syndrome (KGS). He went absolutely insane losing the colonies.

When I worked at Boeing it was quite the international experience. We were designing the 787, which is being produced by just about every country in the free world. I seen a gent outside smoking a fag, and asked if he was from Australia, from his accent. He went absolutely crazy and almost violent. He said how would I feel if he called me Canadian. I sort of seen his point after that. So another time I was talking to a fellow and I swore he had a Liverpool accent, like the Beatles. He was from New Zealand. He was equally aggressive and defensive. He just kept muttering, "Liverpool, you think I sound like a Liverpool?"

The key to a good joint is the people that are smoking it, not the style of rolling it. It can be Mexican brick weed rolled in book paper as long as the company is good.

Those are good looking Jay's there Cap'n and Aberration. Still waiting on PTG701 to answer what the diff between a Joint and a Marijuana Cig are.

Marijuana Cigarettes were what they smoked in Reefer Madness.

Joints were what they smoked in Easy Rider.

That they may but I'd moke all their asses under... the Cap smokes fatties... case and point! :high-five:

Marijuana Cigarettes were what they smoked in Reefer Madness.

Joints were what they smoked in Easy Rider.

Back
Top Bottom