Our New Adventure 2010

MI-grower

:welcome: members of 420 to this journal called Our new adventure.

We took 10 clones today from our Medical 1024 lady that has been in veg for 5 weeks. We bought a Root Roit green house and recieved 15ml of free rooting gel {clonex}. I hurried home to cut that 1st branch and dip it in that gel and firmly palce it in the greenhouse, before I knew it we had all 10. Wow that went real fast!!

Once all these ladies root and I hope they do, they will be placed in 16 oz cups filled with MG soil mixed with pearlite. When they're ready they will be transplanted into 2 or 3 gallon buckets filled with what I'm hopeful will be Fox Farm mixed with pearlite for the remaining of the grow. That's if we can scrape up some extra pennies if not it will be MG..

Oh I almost forgot our growing area is 2x3 and we have another area set up that is 1x3. Right now in the smaller room we have 615 watts and is used for flowering. In the bigger room we use a 2 foot shop light to veg. Yup I plan on getting more cfl light for both the veg and flowering area in the time to come. Once I get our CFL flower and veg lights built the rooms will switch.
For this reason we will be preforming LST to most if not all of these lovely ladies to keep their height down and still have many bud sites. {phat popcorn nugs are just fine with me} I really like the way lst makes your plants a bush with many branches and at such a low height, that is really a plus in my book for the limited space and the plants we want to grow.

Our mother plant is featured in our other journal, please look there for updates
concerning her.

Well enough talk time for some photos. I'll admitt some might and will be blury from time to time, but you can still get the point. My camera is cheap but it takes pictures...lol

Here is our mother plant.
003285.JPG

The home for our young ladies for the next couple weeks..
001282.JPG

Now photos of our 10 clones taken today 2/15/2010
004277.JPG

007229.JPG

008227.JPG

The clones are looking very good I think. I spayed them and also the inside of the dome with a light but heavy mist. So now all i can do is wait, :popcorn: and see how many root and grow into mature ladies.

Any and all help, advice, comments, or if you just see something that we are doing wrong please let us know. Thank you all for taking the time to read and view our 3rd journal here at 420..

I hope you enjoy because I know I do..

Well I'll post another update in a few days or so.

Keep like 1-2 inches of water at the bottom and mist 2-3 times daily.. keep em under some cfls 24/0 and you should do jus fine ;):goodluck:

dro:nomo:

Keep like 1-2 inches of water at the bottom and mist 2-3 times daily.. keep em under some cfls 24/0 and you should do jus fine ;):goodluck:

dro:nomo:

I will have to keep that in mind for the days down the road. Thanks Dro!!

We gave them a well needed nap so they can wake up fresh in the morning. They will be on 24/0 untill we flip the switch to 12/12.

ive heard if you put em on top of ur fridge so that the little bit of heat it produces will help build humidity, po mans heat pad ... :peace:

Hey MI,
I will be watching this journal closely as we will be cloning our girls in a month or so and doing essentially the same thing you are doing. I don't know anything about cloning other than what I have read on here, but it looks like you are doing the right things. What media do you have the cuttings in right now? As far as soil....I have been told that the MG soil isn't the best option because of the time-released fertilizer which makes keeping up with nutes very difficult. Anyhow, nicely done my man!

ive heard if you put em on top of ur fridge so that the little bit of heat it produces will help build humidity, po mans heat pad ... :peace:

temp is key. you should be good in 2 weeks. great job!:bravo:

po mans heat pad I like that.. Welcome Weedpipe

One question though guys can we use a heating pad under the tray to keep them warm. Are those good to use those or not? Hence this is the 1st time cutting clones. I would only use it at night time because of the colder temps here with Michigan nights. Or should I stick with just the space heater. I saw a nice heat pad, but they wanted like 25 or 30 bucks or close to that for it at that shop this afternoon.

heat pads for humans get hot, you want warm, just make sure if you use a heat pad for "your sore back" that ur tray sits a few inches above the pad.

Hey MI,
I will be watching this journal closely as we will be cloning our girls in a month or so and doing essentially the same thing you are doing. I don't know anything about cloning other than what I have read on here, but it looks like you are doing the right things. What media do you have the cuttings in right now? As far as soil....I have been told that the MG soil isn't the best option because of the time-released fertilizer which makes keeping up with nutes very difficult. Anyhow, nicely done my man!

:welcome: hydo hippy and I'm glad you are here for the show.

I bought something called root roit or something I like that. It's was like a green house with 50 sponge like pots inside and in their own tray. They were premoistened and ready to go out the package. I knew I should have taken a photo with the sticker on it.. I have never saw them before but it came with free clonex. I love free...lol...

After they have extablished a healthy root system, that's when they will be transfered into the cups with the MG/pearlite mix. This will be our 3rd grow with MG so I think I might be understanding them a little bit....{I hope}

temp is key. you should be good in 2 weeks. great job!:bravo:

Thanks PitViper always good to see ya. This is gonna be a fun learning process..

heat pads for humans get hot, you want warm, just make sure if you use a heat pad for "your sore back" that ur tray sits a few inches above the pad.

I understand. I'll just stick with the space heater for the time being..I'll do my best to keep temps between 75-90 for the next 2 weeks for so. My temps drop down to at the lowest 68 or so at night though. That low wont hurt the clones will it.

I know I'll just heat up the room to about 95 or higher and let it naturally cool down through-out the night. Would that stress out the plants to much?

can u put em on ur fridge? or water-heater and stick a light above em?

only talkin about a week or so, it will help ya, and its cheap too

I have one more question, it's not about clones are anything like that. If some of these clones root, stable and healthy we have an oppertunity to trade clone for clone with another caregiver/patient. He stated that he has:
White Widow
G-13
Super skunk
Lemon-haze
and five others that I can't remember right now

He has never heard of medical 1024 before, so I had him google it and the rest was history.

What strain should I pick?
can any one please help I'm stuck.

We smoked a hoot of that G-13 and I was like yeeeeeaaa...I feel good. Tha't's only the 2nd time I smoked G-13. When I find out the other strains I'll let ya kno, Yea I have inhaled good green that $100 a quater type stuff, more in likely some of these strains and did not even know it.

How many people have grown these plants and are they easy to control their height?

I think if we get 2 gallon pots or so, we will be able to flower most of these clones at once. Yes I like most people like big plants with lots of buds but our space dont give us that, so we got to do a smaller plant size with lots of plants it equal it out, Sounds right to me.

To answer ur question Weedpipe no I can't. My basement is way to cold and our cats jump on the fridge and I would hate to have to whoop her for eating them. I would have to kick my self in the you know what because that would be my mistake if you know what I mean.. If I ever leave the closet open they try get a free buzz, those little sh!ts.

MI.....thanks for the reply. We are going to clone ours in screened (1/8 inch) composted material mixed with vermiculite in a dome exactly like yours. The composted stuff we bought from a guy in New Orleans who said he used it with about a 90+ percent root rate. Looking forward to cloning. As far as the MG soil....we started with that and got scared off of it after reading what a lot of folks said. Yeah, I know, opinions are like a........... Anyhow, good luck on your grow and I will for sure be hanging out. Take a peek at ours sometimes and tell us what ya think. Be good (or don't get caught).

MI.....thanks for the reply. We are going to clone ours in screened (1/8 inch) composted material mixed with vermiculite in a dome exactly like yours. The composted stuff we bought from a guy in New Orleans who said he used it with about a 90+ percent root rate. Looking forward to cloning. As far as the MG soil....we started with that and got scared off of it after reading what a lot of folks said. Yeah, I know, opinions are like a........... Anyhow, good luck on your grow and I will for sure be hanging out. Take a peek at ours sometimes and tell us what ya think. Be good (or don't get caught).

no problem buddy, yea opinions are like.......LOL It seems to work fine for me. Best of luck with your grow, I'll be keeping tabs on your journal as well.

Nice! I'm about to do some clones in a couple weeks or so, I'll keep an eye on this one!

:welcome: LeenieBean to Our new adventure. Taking clones was alot easier than what I thought it was going to be. Always good to have ya with us.

Well our little premature ladies survived their 1st night and look very healthy this morning. No wilting or limp stems at all, So far so good. Thank you Heavenly Father for looking after our little ones...

Well it been a full 24 hours and all of the clones look good so far. With the ones where it's stem was bent because of the way they were growing on the mother plant, they have started sticking up towards the light with-in 24 hours. I hope that is a good sign.

Well I was not gonna post any photos until the weekend but I could not resist sorry.

Overview
001283.JPG

Sideview
002319.JPG

Do they look good? I ask this question to every one that has any experience with clones.

Impressive start everything looks good to me. Clones seem to be taking to their new home. IMO MG will grow plants but I think it is best used for outdoor flower pots. I personally don't trust the chemicals that they put in their products. They even put chemicals in their perlite. They do have an organic line of products, but I'm don't think that they are certified organic. Anyways that is my rant on MG but you are correct in everyone is entitled to their opinion and if it is good for you then that's good enough for me. Anyways great start. +reps

Impressive start everything looks good to me. Clones seem to be taking to their new home. IMO MG will grow plants but I think it is best used for outdoor flower pots. I personally don't trust the chemicals that they put in their products. They even put chemicals in their perlite. They do have an organic line of products, but I'm don't think that they are certified organic. Anyways that is my rant on MG but you are correct in everyone is entitled to their opinion and if it is good for you then that's good enough for me. Anyways great start. +reps

Thanks for stopping by our journal and helping us with your advice. I only plan to use MG if I cant get some FFOF. It seems to have worked for us ok, beside the damn gnats when I over water..

Thanks for your comment, support the reps Sungod.

Much Love

they arent drooping and are green so all looks good so far. they do look jus a smidget on the slim side, id prolly let them develop just a lil more next time. My skinny ones dont always make it :(.. all in all lookin good so far.
Like i said bro mist a couple times a day and keep a nice amount of water at the bottom(not too much tho, it will make the roots soggy) and you'll have the best % possible :)

they arent drooping and are green so all looks good so far. they do look jus a smidget on the slim side, id prolly let them develop just a lil more next time. My skinny ones dont always make it :(.. all in all lookin good so far.
Like i said bro mist a couple times a day and keep a nice amount of water at the bottom(not too much tho, it will make the roots soggy) and you'll have the best % possible :)

They were most of the smaller branches because I wanted to clear out some of the under growth. I cut a couple tops but went mainly for the inner branches because I wanted to keep the as many tops as I could. Was that a rookie mistake?

I'll keep that in mind for next time.

Thanks for your advice DroJo

Back
Top Bottom