Our Ongoing Grows

Well Jaga.. I won this light in a contest. It's pretty good sized. A Mars 1600. I'm thinking about hanging it this weekend. But I won't have clones ready for it till next week or so. I'll veg them out in the greenhouse for acouple weeks,, and by then, the Flower room should be empty, or close. If the temps stay manageable I'm going with a 1500 watter on one side and the LED on the other side. I got a bulb I've been using for acouple seasons,, so it should be putting out about 120,000 lums. I will run my light meter first. I just got new bulbs for the big lights but I want to burn up this old one first. The new ones run 215,000 lums. If it gets hot I'll go back with the 1000 watter. But I have all new bulbs for them. I'm going to play it by ear. Good to see ya out and about.
Hey 45th. I do have to say I do like SGG strains for outdoors. I've been growing them for the last 10 years. But this year,,, I'm going with them Fast Versons from Sweet Seeds. They finish about the mid of Sept. I did one last year and yielded about 7-8 ozs of mature bud. Way before the rains. Got a question? Where about you at? I'm in the Gresham Area.

Sounds Great
I hope you do really well with the Mars , I was forced into using LEDs because of electric ,, I think its a lot to do with how high the light is from the canopy ,, and beware you may find they will maybe asking for lts more Calmag
Im just starting to finnish of a Dark devil ,, and im more than 50% sure i screwed up mi to cola by having her to close to her for that im really pissed off
But her buds are nice frosty and smell great , there is a mars thread on here im sure they could help out a fair bit
I will be trying to keep a better eye on your grow
Have a great smoke filled day Woody:peace:

Hey, 45th take a read. I just bumped into it. From 2002' sounds like we might know afew of the same peoples out there. I'm a transplant from Arkansas and the Bay Area for the last 10 years

Oregon Medical Cannabis Awards 2003

What I really wonder about is penetration. That sounds bad,,, but I mean light penetration. I know I have a sweet spot' using HID lights. About 36'' thick. That spot has all the light is can use. I've run a meter but don't remember the lums, but it perfect for growing all the buddage in that range. Anything below that is lolly-popped.

Now I haven't grown anything out yet with LEDs, cept playing around with some small starts. I have one of these in a nursery tent,
Mars Pro II Epistar 120 LED Grow Lighting Replace 400W HPS HID Coverage 2 x 4 High Penetration Increase Yield for sale,buy Mars Pro II Epistar 120 LED Grow Lighting Replace 400W HPS HID Coverage 2 x 4 High Penetration Increase Yield - Mars Hydro

And this is the one I'm going to do a run with,
Mars II 1600 LED Grow Lights great for professinal medical plants grower veg flowering switches good for veg and floweing both stage for sale,buy Mars II 1600 LED Grow Lights great for professinal medical plants grower veg flowering switches good for - Mars Hydro

Now I'm just wondering how much a sweet spot' it'll have. And if it's got that much difference in temps. To me, these epistars seem alot brighter than the other. Looking back when I was waiting on this light, forever, like 3+ months, I got an e-mail from someone said the hold up was they was going to upgrade the light? But that never happened. But still claims sound good for this light. It came in a package with a 5X5' tent. Love the tent. Been running a 600 watt in there for veg. I love the extra space over the 4X4' But I wasn't interested in doing a separate journal on them. I think that might have had something to do with the upgrade. Hell, I have a hard enough time doing my journal. But I am going to say thanks again to the sponsors. And I will be using alot of their products this year. I have to figure out what to do with the small LED I have. It's the Growant GR 240. I think it's like for a 2X2 tent. Or maybe a kicker for a sidelight or something. I also have afew autos I started from Bomb Seeds/Fast Seeds. And afew other seed sponsors. I get an update on them for these people as they grow. Now they are little sprouts. hang it in the flower room.
Alongside the LEDs is a Mangum XXL hood. And I'll probably end up running a 1000 watt to be fairer. Isn't the units of lums different for LEDs? I wonder if my meter measures that. I'll have to look. But I figure they each will have a 4X4 floor space with an overlap in the center. Close enough for me anyways. But should give me an idea. I'm a Old Dog'''' and don't learn new trick easily. The only LEDs I seen people growing with was way back when TRI COLOR was new. Lights like UFO's and such. They have come along ways. And my temps climb in the summer,, and will till I get a new power main box and a split-air so I can run 4 1500 in the winter time. That my final object. They got to shut down the power for that. And then you need an inspector before they turn it back on. And I know they will always find some work outta it before they turn it back on. Babbling here...

Well, I just looked at the clones and they are coming right along. I cut like 12 of the Puppies for this thing. I'm not going to let them get too big. And I'll use 3 gallon pots for finishers. The timing should be perfect or close enough. I'm going to hang the light on Sunday and use it to finish out half the room, which will be 3 weeks or so. That should have a nice mess of plant to flower by then..

And I just started some more outdoor seeds. I'm getting a late start,,, on purpose...... Maybe the plant will stay alittle shorter. I've grown to where I kind of like more manageable sized plants. I just started 3 seeds each of Jack-47 Fast Version and 3 Sweet Carmel Fast Version. I have afew started already but I don't even know what I have out there. I got 18 clones for Miller out there,, so it looks like alot. And I just put in dirt 3 WW Auto and 3 Trainwreck Autos for Crop King Seeds. I'm going to give these to my neighbors. I take care of the youngster next door,, and another one that lives over the fence. They want to grow for the first time,, and these were some of the easiest plants I've ever grown.

Babble babble,,, sorry. Whew, thats the most I typed in years........

good morning think your going to have fun with that led plants grown under them grow different they could have some different colors from what your used to seeing,your staying busy I see that's a good thing and its really nice of you to help your neighbors I like doing that kind of thing to,ill be looking forward to watching you grow your plants bud you have a good one!:cool:

Hey woodster! Itll be interesting to see how the light does. I know a dude running a Mars in a 4x4 sog and it's looking mighty fine!

Funny my dad would always tell me if you got pulled over in his day, the officer would just follow you home to be sure you got there safe. Or worst case just give you a ride and have you leave the car....

Plants look great, event canopy or no. The less do fine with penetration with the secondary lenses. You'll do great bud.

Th sad thing right now is the 'fine' Oregon Sunshine.... Plants tend to get leggy in my neck of the woods. We only get 4-5 hours of GOOD sun. A huge walnut tree shades the yard. And the yard is surrounded with ivy. Not the greatest yard to start plants. That first couple week can make or break a plant. And I have acouple I f'ed up already. I started 5 BB seeds, reg's, and they got way leggy. I'm going to go top them suckers. I only want one so.. I had a run of bad luck with some of these seeds this go, damping off. Could be the fungus gnats. They can hurt a sprout. But they are a pain to the larger plants, but not life-threatening.

BTW I'm kind of scattered this year on my outdoor. I still got seeds to plant. Guess I better get busy huh?

Yeah lack of sun takes a toll on plants. They do get leggy pretty quickly and you get worse quality bud. On the other hand too much sun can be deadly, but that's southern latitude's problem.

Hmm you should like the LEDs. Great output for little energy consumption, no temperature headaches, the opposite actually, and very frosty plants with hard rock buds. And you can keep the plants very close to light. I think you might be right about worse penetration, which is why I'm thinking about adding 2 side CFLs. Not too strong, but providing nice support, where you just need a little bit.

But them long flowering sativas,,, most do self-pollinate after 10 weeks or so.... Right now Mister BBrown,, I have my hands full with these fast' plants.. But I'm a fixing to look after I post;

Oh hey thanks for the heads up Woody. When I'm running them I always get seeds. Not a shit ton and not "ruined fuck", but a hand full. I'm kinda always on the lookout tho.

Today was 90F and 70RH so and my landrace sativa plant in flower is just going into senescence. Big stresses (maybe 90F in normal??) so yeah prolly a time to check for nanners or the low down male funk.
Flashlight out ... I'm going in. Report back later, if I make it out.

Here she is @ 70 days ... prolly like 40 more days could go more too.

Hey, 45th take a read. I just bumped into it. From 2002' sounds like we might know afew of the same peoples out there. I'm a transplant from Arkansas and the Bay Area for the last 10 years

Oregon Medical Cannabis Awards 2003

What I really wonder about is penetration. That sounds bad,,, but I mean light penetration. I know I have a sweet spot' using HID lights. About 36'' thick. That spot has all the light is can use. I've run a meter but don't remember the lums, but it perfect for growing all the buddage in that range. Anything below that is lolly-popped.

Now I haven't grown anything out yet with LEDs, cept playing around with some small starts. I have one of these in a nursery tent,
Mars Pro II Epistar 120 LED Grow Lighting Replace 400W HPS HID Coverage 2 x 4 High Penetration Increase Yield for sale,buy Mars Pro II Epistar 120 LED Grow Lighting Replace 400W HPS HID Coverage 2 x 4 High Penetration Increase Yield - Mars Hydro

And this is the one I'm going to do a run with,
Mars II 1600 LED Grow Lights great for professinal medical plants grower veg flowering switches good for veg and floweing both stage for sale,buy Mars II 1600 LED Grow Lights great for professinal medical plants grower veg flowering switches good for - Mars Hydro

Now I'm just wondering how much a sweet spot' it'll have. And if it's got that much difference in temps. To me, these epistars seem alot brighter than the other. Looking back when I was waiting on this light, forever, like 3+ months, I got an e-mail from someone said the hold up was they was going to upgrade the light? But that never happened. But still claims sound good for this light. It came in a package with a 5X5' tent. Love the tent. Been running a 600 watt in there for veg. I love the extra space over the 4X4' But I wasn't interested in doing a separate journal on them. I think that might have had something to do with the upgrade. Hell, I have a hard enough time doing my journal. But I am going to say thanks again to the sponsors. And I will be using alot of their products this year. I have to figure out what to do with the small LED I have. It's the Growant GR 240. I think it's like for a 2X2 tent. Or maybe a kicker for a sidelight or something. I also have afew autos I started from Bomb Seeds/Fast Seeds. And afew other seed sponsors. I get an update on them for these people as they grow. Now they are little sprouts. hang it in the flower room.
Alongside the LEDs is a Mangum XXL hood. And I'll probably end up running a 1000 watt to be fairer. Isn't the units of lums different for LEDs? I wonder if my meter measures that. I'll have to look. But I figure they each will have a 4X4 floor space with an overlap in the center. Close enough for me anyways. But should give me an idea. I'm a Old Dog'''' and don't learn new trick easily. The only LEDs I seen people growing with was way back when TRI COLOR was new. Lights like UFO's and such. They have come along ways. And my temps climb in the summer,, and will till I get a new power main box and a split-air so I can run 4 1500 in the winter time. That my final object. They got to shut down the power for that. And then you need an inspector before they turn it back on. And I know they will always find some work outta it before they turn it back on. Babbling here...

Well, I just looked at the clones and they are coming right along. I cut like 12 of the Puppies for this thing. I'm not going to let them get too big. And I'll use 3 gallon pots for finishers. The timing should be perfect or close enough. I'm going to hang the light on Sunday and use it to finish out half the room, which will be 3 weeks or so. That should have a nice mess of plant to flower by then..

And I just started some more outdoor seeds. I'm getting a late start,,, on purpose...... Maybe the plant will stay alittle shorter. I've grown to where I kind of like more manageable sized plants. I just started 3 seeds each of Jack-47 Fast Version and 3 Sweet Carmel Fast Version. I have afew started already but I don't even know what I have out there. I got 18 clones for Miller out there,, so it looks like alot. And I just put in dirt 3 WW Auto and 3 Trainwreck Autos for Crop King Seeds. I'm going to give these to my neighbors. I take care of the youngster next door,, and another one that lives over the fence. They want to grow for the first time,, and these were some of the easiest plants I've ever grown.

Babble babble,,, sorry. Whew, thats the most I typed in years........
Funny you posted that wood, im pretty sure that was the year my brother donated his glass for the trophies.. Dude &his partner are the WORLD glassblowing champions. Go to a sick competiton in vegas every year &i think they have won for the past 8 or 9 years. I remember being upset because even though i was a caregiver at the time i was under 21 still &couldnt attend that. I used to do a lot of the card holders meetings up at Mt. Tabor around that time though, hell could have traded clones with you at one time, you do look very familiar i must say. &ive been doing this a while, this year is my 15th year growing medical. Used to live in portland, im in the albany/corvallis area in the willamette valley now. Also used to live in oakland but that was probably after you did, sounds like you grew up in those parts. Arkansas is great, i have a lot of friends in fort smith &fayetteville area.. Been out there quite a few times &i love it man. Makes a man feel at home in his own country.. Hard feeling to explain. Anyways i just got off work time to crack one &light up a fatty. Im always in the area, i go to portland quite often so feel free to get at me anytime.. Love your lineup it sounds great. Maybe ill get mine up &going here soon.. I sure do enjoy journaling my exploits on here lol. Have a good one woody!

You know Dab, I spent afew of them troubled, drinking, years going between Arkansas and SF Bay Area. And Arkansas seemed to be 20 years behind the Bay. People back there were always telling me,, you talk to fast Curley ya gotta slow down.. Many a time I got a ride home and keys was given to my 'Old Lady'. I had a spare and same cop, same thing. The third time in 8 hours he took my distributor cap and threw it in the bushes. Did help he was kin and he patrolled my 'Hood'...But I think that's a record, 3 times in a night? This is a small farm area. And I had family in Sheriffs Department, my Great Uncle was The' Sheriff', so I'd get an extra break now and then. I never had a driver license till I was 26, and lost it by 28. DUI's started to catch up on me. When I was 18 back there, DUI was a 300$ fine period.
The City cops hated me,, because they knew I was getting breaks all the time from the Sheriffs. So every time they see my truck at the bar, and it was 14 miles of dirt road to my house. And that witching hour, or closing time, they knew to grab me knowing they could.

But them days are long gone. You know Cops still have the power to give an honest person a break if it isn't a 'real crime', but nowadays they are mostly dicks. And I haven't got a DUI since 91'. I do miss Arkansas abit, fishing and hunting off the back porch.

Yea true Con. Makes for a little harder a plant. They are still plenty workable. Alittle prune here and there and I'll make them a bush.

One or two seeds in a long flowering sativa is the norm for most strains. I woodn'd have any problem feelin safe with running them. It's when you get tons from a hermie that will pass that trait down the line that I won't grow.

Yeah I figure if the bar is in my living room it's hard to get a DUI on the way up the stairs. Worst case I sleep on the couch..

Hey about those gnats. The h202 did them away for me pretty quickly.

I didn't fair well with them. I hear the HO2O works on larva but not adults. I found insecticide soap sprayed kills the gnats pretty good. I just had to many plants going to get them under control. But soon I'll be transplanting in finish pots and I just got rid of 20 plants I had for a friend. So it will be that many less. And the flower room is getting bout done. I'll start afew with the next grow. I plan on some DI Earth layer on the top of each pot. Or least a layer of sand. When you have them out in the sun and wind,, it seems to kill them off too.

Glad I live in a 1 story. That wood be a ruff comute upstairs.

But I guess we all learn after awhile?

Gnatnix or if your tight like me, gnatnix ontop of weedmatting, to use again and again....

It's true they hate wind. I set a couple sticky traps up too. But outside they'll do fine with other bugs plants and air movement

That looked alot worse than it was... But that is the same day as the surgery on my neck. Now I just got a white scar thru my redneck................ All good

Hey Woody - hoping ya feeling better brother. I have a few of them scars too. I had mine done by hand. Those fvckin surgeons and scalpels. They look to happy if ya ask me specially when they turn on the lights and gloved up. They look like crack heads with a nite-ful of fuel. I think they wear the masks so they aren't drooling on ya's.

I have one like your new one. Goes from my ear to front of my chin but all along that fold there on our necks. The fold with hide it in a few months. Thats what they told me anyways. Got another one on the other side like they just watched the movie Face Off ... yeah we do that, lets practice.

I quit ciggys tho, right around the time they chopped me up. Cold fucking turkey'd those bastards. Granted I was on I-V Dilaudid and strapped down to a steel table. So I was happy. Ever wanna toke the easy way out that shit Dilaudid is a good way. Man I swear I was half way to where-ever permanently and was happy about it. I had a think about my dog, decided to get my ass back down to earth.

Yeah so no ciggys for me. My wife is still like you. She's a health nut to. Lots ways to go, ciggys likely not the cause. I was reading that tobacco has healing abilities. Maybe even more than cannabis. But that could have been some weasel trying to make some money. Never know these daze.

Believe nothing you see and only 1/2 of what ya read.

Sun comes up, Sun goes down.
We are having a good fucking day bro.

You get on the mend ya hear me. If you need some pool help this summer, I'm retired and love Portland, OR. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom