Out here in Maryland - First time growing outdoors - Help

JRod84

First off, I'd like to say hello to everyone, being this is my first post here. I'm running thru a little issue with a plant that I'd been growing outdoors. Just some quick background info: She has shown signs of sex, definitely a female. This is just a bag-seed I tried out for a first time. She is an Indica plant. When I first planted her, I had her in a pot with a Yucca plant, and by 5 weeks she was standing 9 inches tall. I had also been feeding her a mixture of almond milk, natural water and rice milk. By August 21, she stood 13inches tall and 14 inches wide. I transplanted the 2 plants and at the bottom added freshly caught minnows and covered it with Oyster shells, rocks, Sta-Green Potting Mix (Plus Fertilizer), Jobes Organics Blood Meal (100% Organic Nitrogen NPK 12-0-0) & all purpose organic fertilizer (NPK 4-4-4). I transplanted the plant in the middle, not disturbing the roots from the original soil and added the last amout of potting mix around the plant to fill the gaps along the walls.

Oh and by the way, I live near a beach, literally 200 yards walking distance. Here are some before photos:

IMG_114523.JPG

IMG_114924.JPG

On August 24th, I topped the plant and put her in some LST. On the 25th I brought her indoors at night time, because my neighbor had made some subtle hints about the plant. I cleaned out a storage space and added an turning space heater and regular house fan.

IMG_115326.JPG

This morning I woke up to the photos below. Can anyone please help me with the issues that you might see at hand and any recommendations??

IMG_118229.JPG

IMG_118323.JPG

Welcome to :420: JRod. Plants look good. If you need any help don't be afraid to be active. FAQ is a good place to start. Love to see you start a grow journal and let the community watch your babies grow to their full potential. Thanks for posting pics and good luck. Thanks for joining.

How hot was it inside and was the fan aimed right at your girl? Its hard to tell but looks a lot like wind burn or maybe heat stress.

Two other things I should mention/ask about. You said you put fresh caught minnows in the bottom of your pot along with oyster shells. First, you should always compost any organic matter before adding to your soil for 2 reasons: 1-it generates heat and in some cases gets hot enough to literally cook the roots. 2- the micro organisms that decompose organic matter actually use nitrogen to do so, and if the carbon content is too high, will rob all available nitrogen and deprive your plant of the nitrogen.

Now for the oyster shells, did you THROUGHLY wash/clean them before adding to your pot? If not, its quite possible that there is too much salt on them causing your plant to become dehydrated

Thanks a lot. I'm trying to be as active as possible, because I really think I just killed my plant. :(

How hot was it inside and was the fan aimed right at your girl? Its hard to tell but looks a lot like wind burn or maybe heat stress.

Two other things I should mention/ask about. You said you put fresh caught minnows in the bottom of your pot along with oyster shells. First, you should always compost any organic matter before adding to your soil for 2 reasons: 1-it generates heat and in some cases gets hot enough to literally cook the roots. 2- the micro organisms that decompose organic matter actually use nitrogen to do so, and if the carbon content is too high, will rob all available nitrogen and deprive your plant of the nitrogen.

Now for the oyster shells, did you THROUGHLY wash/clean them before adding to your pot? If not, its quite possible that there is too much salt on them causing your plant to become dehydrated

Thanks for the quick response; as for the temp of the room, there were times this week when I felt it was a little too warm, but then again, my lady didn't have any issues when she was outside and it was 85-90 degrees with humidity. But then again, the room was really low on humidity, realllly dry in there, and yes the fans were relatively close. Here is a photo of the room, in the middle against the back wall is where I kept the box fan.

Today was a straight disappointment. It looks as tho my plant has completely died. FVCK mondays.

IMG_118429.JPG

I will add this note, everything was looking real good before I brought her indoors. Every since then, I've had problems. Even when I was battling gnats, I won that war.

Would it be best for me to prune off the dead leaves and let the stalk begin growing again? I have a pretty strong stiff main "tree trunk," so I'm thinking of just pruning the dead leaves off and letting it start over.

Thanks Celt, I'm no quitter, so I'm gonna push forward with this. I get paid tomorrow, so I'll invest in a humidifier.

Back
Top Bottom