Out Of The Tent Extraction Setup

They work perfectly! I had my setup for 2 years now, haven't even had it out for cleaning and if it wasn't for me freaking out about the temps I probably would run it for another 6 months. So now I'm safe from the smell a while...

Btw that casing you built Otter looks very good! Looks very easy to dismantle for inspection and maintenance. :thumb:
Thanks. Wing nuts!

Got yer uggs on? Got to keep the pigs warm.
D'oh. I didn't buy boots yet. My piggies are frozen in my sneakers.
Gotta get on that ASAP.
Should have them by Xmas. Lol.

D'oh. I didn't buy boots yet. My piggies are frozen in my sneakers.

Ugh. :rolleyes:

:tommy:

:laugh::rofl::laugh::rofl::laugh:

I've heard good things from a couple friends who use the Phresh filters, but haven't used them myself. They would have to outlast the $50 filters by at least a factor of 4 for me to jump, and the $50 ones are doing fine for me. (Vivosun/G-Hydro/etc)

Otter, this is excellent!

Love the "muffler" idea, and really there is only one connection point where the seal is absolutely critical: the exhaust side connection to the filter. Everything else is either filtered air or clean air, really.

A leak anywhere else, and it is either sucking fresh air in, or pushing cleaned air out after the fan.

I'm highly considering this idea to run multiple tents. Not 100% sure yet, but it's definitely a better option than running 2 fans/filters. I may even bump up to an 8" fan/filter, but probably not right away.

Even better is the filter could be bypassed for the early stages where it's not an issue. :D
You will never be able to remove all the smell in a healthy loud flowering cycle with only one carbon filter. I run 3 and that brings it down to acceptable levels. Two in each tent and one big in the lung room running at 100% constantly.

Problems with exhaust fans that's temperature controlled on a carbon filter is the effectiveness rate will go up and down throughout the day instead of being constant.

You will never be able to remove all the smell in a healthy loud flowering cycle with only one carbon filter. I run 3 and that brings it down to acceptable levels. Two in each tent and one big in the lung room running at 100% constantly.

Problems with exhaust fans that's temperature controlled on a carbon filter is the effectiveness rate will go up and down throughout the day instead of being constant.
Hi Wastei, thankfully that never ends :p ! Welcome!

Here's a way to get the extraction equipment out of the tent. I made this one to hang. There's other options for other sizes of filters if you think about it. Here's the pictorial. Let me know if you have questions.

And the Muffler section

I made this and sold the design to a lighting company who loved what I had called it a crazy hvac unit lol , I did it cause the filter had to be winched up and when mid flower I couldn’t get it back in when I changed from top the to the bottom to control heating lol so made this now I move the pipe up or down as I need it in winter on floor lol, made a reet nice dollar and they never used the design lol

I run 1 rhino pro and it’s fine for 10 trees like no smell at all, when I used hobby filters I stil had smell
It depends on the filter I’ve used mine almost 2 years and it’s good still I have people outside the vent continuously as I use it for heating lol

I made this and sold the design to a lighting company who loved what I had called it a crazy hvac unit lol , I did it cause the filter had to be winched up and when mid flower I couldn’t get it back in when I changed from top the to the bottom to control heating lol so made this now I move the pipe up or down as I need it in winter on floor lol, made a reet nice dollar and they never used the design lol
Hey Pondwater, glad it helped! Thanks for mentioning it! I love hearing an idea is useful!

Sick build Otter. Super-sweet. I didn't read every page, please forgive me.

That's so much better to have pressure on the downwind side of the fan/pump than the upwind side, simply out of mechanical empathy.

I have enough activated carbon for a filter, still packed tight, that I didn't end up using for a filter I didn't end up building. I'm willing to pass it on to someone at no cost, I'll pay for Canadian shipping for anyone in need.

There are tons of other cool things I could do with it, but the reality is they would be so far down the to-do list that I'd never get there, and that's super annoying. I don't like seeing it there, languishing. Stuff ain't cheap, prolly cost me 80 bucks on 'zon.

Sick build Otter. Super-sweet. I didn't read every page, please forgive me.

That's so much better to have pressure on the downwind side of the fan/pump than the upwind side, simply out of mechanical empathy.

I have enough activated carbon for a filter, still packed tight, that I didn't end up using for a filter I didn't end up building. I'm willing to pass it on to someone at no cost, I'll pay for Canadian shipping for anyone in need.

There are tons of other cool things I could do with it, but the reality is they would be so far down the to-do list that I'd never get there, and that's super annoying. I don't like seeing it there, languishing. Stuff ain't cheap, prolly cost me 80 bucks on 'zon.
Thanks Dog! I had a yen to get all that out of the tent and have it work as it was intended. It was fun! Between getting all that out and todays low profile lights, it's a dream come true!

Back
Top Bottom