Outdoor Balcony 1st Grow - Northern Spain

HalfOrange

:welcome: Welcome to my first time, hopefully it won't be too painful :welcome:

Grow Site: Outdoor 8th Floor Balcony.
Sunlight: About 4 hours direct sun each day around mid-day.
Seeds: Top44 and Big Bud from Nirvana Seeds.

(Pics taken with my phone, camera is awol.)

Having studied through loads of posts here I decided I could take a shot at my own grow, I realise my main problem is probably going to be the short amount of direct sunlight my plants will be getting but aside from moving the sun or tilting the Earth there´s nothing I can do about that for now.

I bought my seeds online from Nirvana and the arrived about 10 days later in a stealth package. Obviously I can´t show you that but take my word for it, nobody could know it was seeds in the post.

Here´s a couple of pics of the perfect results with these seeds:
Top44
Top_44.jpg

Big Bud
Big_Bud6.jpg

Here´s my seeds naked and full of promise:
1_BB-_-T44-Seeds1.jpg

I used 20 or so sheets of paper towels soaked in water to germinate 6 seeds, 3 Big Bud and 3 Top 44, I probably left them a bit too long on the towels, the roots were quite long before I transplanted them. Big Bud is at the top, T44 bottom right.
2_Germinator.JPG

I used Biobizz All-Mix to start off my plants, I bought it in a local grow shop.
BioBizz_All-Mix.png

I planted the seeds at night whilst playing Brian Eno´s : Another Green World to them. Seeds were placed about an inch into the soil, then watered.
After 2 days I had some good news and some bad.
Good: five seeds were now shoots. ;)
Bad: one of the Top44 seeds couldn´t take it and commited suicide by jumping off the edge of the balcony (actually it was a bit stormy that night).
We had a quick eulogy and moved on...

2 Days in.
4_Day_One_Overhead_.JPG

Big Bud - 2 Days
6_Day_2_BB_.JPG

Top44 2Days
7_Day_2_T44_.JPG

As it rained for 2 days I haven´t yet watered them since the first night.
So here they are after 4 days:
8_Day_4.JPG

Day 4 Top44
10_Day_4_T44_.JPG

Day 4 Big Bud
9_Day_4_BB_.JPG

As you may have noticed, I´ve taped up the pots because they are see-thru. According from what I´ve read here, thats nots a good thing.

So thats it for now, I´ll update this as we go along. If anyone could advise me when I should be thinking about fertilisers and transplanting to larger pots, I´d appreciate it.
For ferts, I´ll probably get something from the grow shop, they stock a lot of Biobizz stuff so if anyone knows what to go for, please let me know.

:thanks:

1 week in and so far so good.
Plants were moved to slightly larger (half litre) pots last night and I watered them with about a litre of tap water that had been left out with the plants for a few hours. I also added a few drops of Biocanabium liquid growing ferts. (It says 2.5ml per litre but I figured that would be too strong, I used half that.)

Day 7.
11_Day_7.JPG

Day 7 - Top 44
12_Day7_T44_.JPG

Day 7 - Big Bud
13_Day7_BB_.JPG

They may look a little wilted but I´m guessing its due to having had a tough 24hrs: transplanted, watered and put through a particularly hot sunny day here today.

Finally, a pic of the fertiliser for good measure.
Biocanabium.jpg

Cannabis use and possession for personal use do not constitute a criminal offence under Spanish law. However, public consumption is penalized with administrative fines.

Cultivation is illegal but not heavily enforced as regards small time (personal use) growers. There have been cases of fines for posession of one or two plants where a concerned* neighbour has complained to police.
*= nosy,too much time behind their curtains and /or jealous.

Posession and sale of seeds is legal, there are many grow shops.

Trafficking is treated as a serious criminal offence with jail time.

Medical marijuana is available in certain autonomous communities within Spain for patients suffering from chronic (pun intended :rofl:)
pain or serious illness.

Hey all
Thanks Duck for the advice about the nutes, I hadn´t realised the lack of sun would affect how much to give them (even though it makes perfect sense). And yes the pots do have holes in them, first thing I did.
The reason I transplanted to these pots instead of larger final ones is because right at the edge of my balcony outside the railings receives an extra hour or so of sun every day but big pots won´t fit there.
Hi Deadtour, yep, dirtbikes, mountain biking are my passion. I´m in the middle of a respray job right now so theres pieces of gears, wheels etc all over.

Thanks for stopping by.

Nothing major to report, sun keeps shining and plants keep growing.
I´m off to London for 3 days so they´ll be lonely for a bit, maybe I should send a postcard...

Day 14 Family Foto
14_Day_14.JPG

Day 14 - Top44
16_Day_14_Top44.JPG

Day 14 - Big Bud
15_Day_14_Big_Bud.JPG

On a side note, unexpected bonus is my girlfriend has taken a real shine to the plants. She moves them around to follow the sun when I´m not home and checks them for any problems etc. Its cool, she hates all my other hobbies.

I explained that we´d need to kill any plants that turned out to be male and she was like: no way. Long story short...we (she) decided to re-home any males to some secluded nearby gardens (not too near). I guess it´ll have to be done at night, definitely have to put a few pics of that operation should it proove necessary.

Til next time, take it easy out there.

like tunes420 said, a little extra light on them when they are not getting direct sun would be great for those ladys, other than that looking good! healthy looking little ones you have there.

Back
Top Bottom