Welcome Stunger , was checking your site and I know someone that needs some of your help getting rid of some bugs @Reave neem granulesBefore making the super soil I purchased a compost tumbler to mix it in, which had a capacity of 190l (about 50 US gallons). Altho the recipe sheet is in the picture, the picture is not expandable so I'll type it out here for anyone who is interested.
Super Soil base
100 litres (about 26 gallons) Gro Organic potting mix
5 liters (just over 1 gallon) Chookchar (Bio-char + composted chicken manure)
15 liters (nearly 4 gallons) Worm castings
5 liters coarse Pumice
5 liters Perlite
10 liters Tui Organic Compost
plus dry amendments
2 cups Neem granules
2 cups Yates Thrive organic blood and bone with seaweed
2 cups Sheep manure pellets
2 cups Fish Meal
2 cups Guano Phosphate
2 cups EF Nature's Garden Fertilizer
plus dissolved amendments in about 7 liters chlorine free water
2 tbl Magic Botanic Liquid (Humic and Fulvic acids)
2 tbl Molasses (Sulphur free)
2 tbl Epsom salts
2 tbl EF Fish Plus
This made roughly 140 liters total (about 36 gallons), which I allowed to 'cook' for 3 months before using it.
In making this up I simply tried to 'chuck together' enough ingredients to approximate some of the super soil recipes on the web. After this grow is finished I intend to review the mixture in regard as to whether to adjust it in some way for the next grow. So anyone with adjustment ideas please chime in, I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts on how it could be improved. I think Subcool's recipe had lime/dolomite lime added. I held back on adding any because from what I understood the Neem granules and Chookchar that I added tend to having a 'liming effect' and raise pH levels. So I am still unsure on whether I should include some dolomite lime in the next mix or not.
As I was following a super soil approach to the grow, I didn't give any Veg or Bloom nutes, just water. However,
once flowering started (perhaps once ever couple of weeks) I occasionally added sulphur free molasses to the watering (about a teaspoon per liter). And I also top dressed on 2 occasions with some worm castings, fish meal, guano phosphate, and covered with a pea straw mulch, which seemed to do a wonderful job in keeping moisture in the soil on the top of the container that otherwise would dry out. In fact, I feel where advice states to only give water when pushing one's finger into the soil to the second joint is felt to be dry, that this is perhaps not good advice. I understand the need not to over water, that makes sense. However, before adding the pea straw mulch layer the top inch or so of soil seemed wasted as it repeatably would dry out completely between waterings. However, once the pea straw mulch layer was added I noticed that the top of the soil now stayed moist, and after a short while I noticed the top layer of soil which previously appeared barren was now full of lots of little white root tips, which surely indicates that the plant is able to make use of all of the soil in the container. I didn't water any more than I had been, but the mulch layer now kept the top layer of the soil moist and was full of root points.