Outdoor grow advice for deer and cat problems

Can't help with the cat problem. With deer there are a couple things that might help. In lots of areas you can just mark the area around plants yourself. Just pee in a couple places around your plants. Refresh it ever couple days. This will not work as well in areas where the deer don't fear people as much. If they are used to the human smell it won't work. In those areas predator scents like coyote will work.
Best I have heard of is Mountain Lion urine. How you get that I don't know. The one thing that works for sure is a tall fence

Thanks for all the info everyone, just got me some new soils yesterday. Cocotek top 1/4 and bottom 3/4 foxfarms ocean mix in a few new pots. Just put a new ATW in one of the pots this morning hope it pops up In the next day or so.

Plant278.jpg

DAY33

Day 33 (end of week 4) for plant 2 and she's smelling very good, from what I've noticed she's slowed down building up that energy. I hope it burst in growth soon though she's only about 1' 3" as of now, not sure how much bigger she'll get.

I am doing an outdoor grow (CKS Auto Trainwreck) the area I live has a lot of deer, and I was wondering what anyone has done for there deer issues. Also my neighbors cats dug out my last seeds I tried putting in soil and pooping in my pots, but not until I plant. Up until I put seedlings in my pots, the cats didn't bother using them for a litter box at all.

Grab some hair (Preferably a woman's hair) from the drain or wherever you can get it. Put it in a ziplock bag and leave it open. Zip tie it or bread tie it to one of the branches. This will divert animals because of the human scent. Also you can use the same method except with soap.

Today was her last feeding as I want her fully clean when smoking, not thinking I'm going to get much out of her but she may yet surprise me. In the background you can see my sour urkel's pot as well as a second auto train wreck.

So great news this weekend I'm cutting down the auto train wreck, I'll be posting the pics for sure after the trimming. My second and third plants are in the first week of bud and should be done around oct 8th.

Back
Top Bottom