Outdoor Grow Journal 2018

^^Awesome! Love the repurposing of existing material!

Wonder what kind of compost tea you could come up with by running water through that bin and catching the runoff out of the spout.
I'm going to use a similar, recycled bin... just much smaller. I think it is 50 gal... But it has a drain-cock on the bottom. My first thought was about utilizing the run-off from the bin.

Wonder what kind of compost tea you could come up with by running water through that bin and catching the runoff out of the spout.
I'm going to use a similar, recycled bin... just much smaller. I think it is 50 gal... But it has a drain-cock on the bottom. My first thought was about utilizing the run-off from the bin.
That was the idea i had and why I chose to try the water tote. Inside of the tote has grooves in the plastic to divert water towards the spicket. I set the tote at a 3degree angle to guide said water towards spicket.
Im thinking i should have screened the bottom so the compost sits a few inches off the bottom.. might get better water flow.. IDK.. I just didnt have any material strong enough to hold the weight of 300 gallons of compost.

This thing stretching like mad, good 4-5 feet over my head. Will be disastrous come October with any amount of weight, not a huge fan of tall slinky plants. Obviously picked a not so good sun spot, didn’t care at the time because it was an unsexed seed that I assumed would be male.. Wrong!
Supporting colas 10 feet off the ground = not fun...

looking great!

This thing stretching like mad, good 4-5 feet over my head. Will be disastrous come October with any amount of weight, not a huge fan of tall slinky plants. Obviously picked a not so good sun spot, didn’t care at the time because it was an unsexed seed that I assumed would be male.. Wrong!
Supporting colas 10 feet off the ground = not fun...

you can let the colas droop. Sorta like having the plant super crop on its own. Grow on, love the journal.

you can let the colas droop. Sorta like having the plant super crop on its own. Grow on, love the journal.

Thanks gonna try because I have no time to be lugging ladders and stakes thru the jungle.
Normally like to keep em trained so they don’t get so damn tall, but most of the unsexed seeds I planted kinda got neglected :confused:
Too much on my plate this yr.

thanks again

Plants in pots haven’t had a drink in over a week with this heat:eek:
I’m just having “one of them weeks” with equipment breaking. Loaders, utv and atv are down..Pretty much all the equipment I use daily.

Then to top it off today, I was on my back underneath tractor installing new coolant fan and my rooster attacked the fuck out of me. Come up from behind spurs first at my face.Awesome week :cool:

Plants in pots haven’t had a drink in over a week with this heat:eek:
I’m just having “one of them weeks” with equipment breaking. Loaders, utv and atv are down..Pretty much all the equipment I use daily.

Then to top it off today, I was on my back underneath tractor installing new coolant fan and my rooster attacked the fuck out of me. Come up from behind spurs first at my face.Awesome week :cool:
Sorry to hear about the spate of bad luck.

Those thirsty plants may be ok...they're tough plants.

Time to throw the rooster into the soup pot?

Got one of the tractors fixed up and put back together last night so I am in business today.. Plants will get their drink on.

Gotta love paying $120 to have a $49 part overnighted to the farm..

Took a ride this morning with my coffee, this tropical weather pattern we can’t seem to break has row crops thriving.

Time to throw the rooster into the soup pot?

one of my friends played a joke on me ( he knows I hate roo’s) and threw him in my coop with my hens few weeks ago..
He is one mean SOB, my 125 Rottweiler won’t go near him and his days are numbered.
Yesterday the UPS guy was sitting in his truck in the driveway with my part, I told him it was ok to get out all the dogs were locked up.. He said “ Ain’t worried about those dogs, I just got chased by a rooster!” LMFBO

Limited daytime activity in terms of garden maintenance. Lots of air traffic the last week. Mainly the same single engine idiot circling the valley. Not sure if someone’s giving lessons or what. Unusual and pissing me off. Lol

Anyways, most of my ladies are in preflower or have been in preflower for a week or so including this skunk#1...

I do enjoy watering my gardens at night. Not only is it much cooler, but I usually see all kinds of wildlife on their feet, feeding their bellies and most critters on the farm are comfortable around the tractor ..

However last night tops the list of weird shit..
Was videioing a fawn running circles around the tractor, cute little shit. When all the sudden it runs full throttle at the tractor and smacks right into my loader.

Btw the little bastard was fine, after it ran into me, it started hopping around like a rabbit..
Maybe it got into one of my pot plants :p

Time to make chicken stock...

Back
Top Bottom