Outdoor Grow spot for this year?

Ritter

Hi Everyone.
Im a newbie here but have been growing here and there for a few years & Have just recently found myself becoming a FULL BLOWN ADDICT to this site.:thumb:
I have grown outdoors twice, & both times have had a beautiful crop stolen.
This is due to me being too trusting & thinking I needed a second person to do all the work....... Well not this year! I dont care how much prep work I have to do to get my spot perfect "I am not telling a soul!"

I went scouting yesterday , I found a few possible areas , I did pH tests on all 3 sites & they were roughly the same 5.5-6.0 Nitrogen levels were very low , as were the potassium & phosphorus I think this is due to the amount of growth around the sites. There were a ton of thorns or Possibly Raspberry bushes surrounding all 3 sites so I wil have to do alot of digging & cleaning up old root sections before I can do anything.
Now I have a few questions , Since those thorns/raspberry bushes are such fast growing plants and pretty much take over anything in there way should I consider looking for a completely new area??? I know I should have looked for a spot in the beginning of the fall while the leaves were stil on the trees , Because its gonna be hard to tell how much the leaves from the trees will block the girls sunlight?
Now if I do chose these spots should I dig out all the current root systems and replace with a foxfarm pre-mixed soil or mix it myself from coco coir/perilite/ homemade compost/composted manure/potting soil?? this is what Ive always used but I read about all the success with FF soils..
Im so excited I'll go out and hike to the spots and take some pics so you guys can tell me whats right/wrong.

Thank you guys so much for this site I love it and cant stop logging in...:yahoo:

Ritter

But I will show you what I have lined up for the Out of doors. Be about ready to put in the earth on April 20th :p the smalles one I been topping, I read that's its called something but I been toppin it. It's going to be a bush
Picture_2141.jpg

I cant wait for my attack of the clones this summer!

Looks like you have a nice little line up also! Id get some clones off them before you toss them out so you can have more smoke.

:thumb:Damn!
Those look nice.... I think mine just sprouted today..
live in New England so I wait until june to put outside, But I think Im gonna order some sort of thick juicy Indica to have as my secret head stash. Any recommendations?? I was flipping through this months High times and the Grape Kush looked Ridiculous... So unbelievable how far the genetics have come with strains..

No no no, not at all. Heck all strains are going to grow best outside. Real sunlight cannot be reproduced indoors. I have no real answer as to why HE would like them but if I had to guess I would assume it is because Indica's are usually a larger plant when compared to sativa's.

I will agree with you on the people assuming a lot around here though!

Can I ask Why you want an Indica rather than Sativa?
Well , I Am no master grower so I tend to lean towards the easier way for now.. I Read A TON on this site & please correct me if I am wrong, But dont sativas take a lot longer to finish? I know the sativa bud is so much more pleasing to the pallet and the head but I just dont know what to do Im very excited about this years grow , I almost feel like a kid again on the first day of school @ a new school..lol. & the only reason how I know the difrence betwen the "Sativa bud" & the "Indica Bud" is I had a friend a long time ago who grew under fluorescent lights only The smoke was stupendous!!!
He had an Unknown Haze (which was incredible!) -"Jack Flash which he always grew, Then He tried growing NL#5 And I couldn't believe the attachment I had to the NL's......."Man , So dank, And the Fan leaves were ridiculous. 1 Finger on this set of leaves Was just as fat or fatter than 3 of my fingers put together, It was about 4/5 ft when done. I would love to grow every type thats available , but unfortunately I do lack the experience for most of the sativa variety's I hear some are very finicky and you have to learn to read it quite well.. I know I would probably be fine if I did get a few Nice Hearty sativa Girls , I know I would have all of you guys to help me out... Well If any of you can think of a good strain that Would be somewhat forgiving for me so I can get my green thumb back that would be great because Im sending out my order on friday.... I plan on getting feminized seeds. Oh yeah, If you could recomend a seed supplier that would be great too...
Well thanks for all your input on this whole thing, Now I dont fel so alone in my decision making...:ganjamon:
Im gonna try to post those grow spot pics now.. I have em' in the members gallery Im just having trouble getting them to this post.. Im not the most computer savvy guy here...
Thanks
Ritter

Picture_085.jpg

Here is another shot of the area. I dont know if Im gonna plant in the ground or in containers??? There are a lot of rocks in the ground Probably would be good though? Good draining soil. I plant on (Either Way) Using a good mix of home made soil using "Home made Mushrom compost that I made last year But I let it get up to 160' for like 5 days and all of the bacteria that are beneficial to killed. Oh well, I guess it worked out just the way it was supposed to?:rollit:.
But the Mushy compost consist of 3 bails wheat straw 200lbs of 1/2 composted horse manure 4 - 5lb bags of blood meal all given @ different stages of composition 2 - 5lb bags of bone meal & as a special treat I added 6 blocks of coco-coir towards the very end , Its been sitting all fall & winter and I just added 2 cups of lime to sweet it a tad. Now what I plan on using for the grow is going to be 50% the home made compost & the other 50% is going to be made up of More coco-coir / Perilite / Composted cow manure / potting soil & Im probably gonna need more lime The pH was about 5.2 3 days ago so Im gona let the rain mix in the lime give it 2 weeks and see where were @ then? But My girl used some on her tomato plants that we grow all year in the greenhouse (Inside) They were so healthy....
Well thats me' plan so far.
Ritter:thanks:

Picture_085.jpg

Here is another shot of the area. I dont know if Im gonna plant in the ground or in containers??? There are a lot of rocks in the ground Probably would be good though? Good draining soil. I plant on (Either Way) Using a good mix of home made soil using "Home made Mushrom compost that I made last year But I let it get up to 160' for like 5 days and all of the bacteria that are beneficial to killed. Oh well, I guess it worked out just the way it was supposed to?:rollit:.
But the Mushy compost consist of 3 bails wheat straw 200lbs of 1/2 composted horse manure 4 - 5lb bags of blood meal all given @ different stages of composition 2 - 5lb bags of bone meal & as a special treat I added 6 blocks of coco-coir towards the very end , Its been sitting all fall & winter and I just added 2 cups of lime to sweet it a tad. Now what I plan on using for the grow is going to be 50% the home made compost & the other 50% is going to be made up of More coco-coir / Perilite / Composted cow manure / potting soil & Im probably gonna need more lime The pH was about 5.2 3 days ago so Im gona let the rain mix in the lime give it 2 weeks and see where were @ then? But My girl used some on her tomato plants that we grow all year in the greenhouse (Inside) They were so healthy....
Well thats me' plan so far.
Ritter:thanks:
WHOOOOH . WRONG PITURE This is a picture of all the surrounding area and how hard it was for me to find a spot.. all these pine tres do me no justice.

Picture_02113.jpg

Now here is the right image... All those thorns.... Man I get wrecked going in there now , Imagine in the summer??? Im screwed...lol.
But I know this is one of the only places I can get away with a nice operation in my area... + all the natural barrbed wire will keep out those deer (Hopefully?)
Trust me you guys will be seing all my cuts from the soon to be prep trips
Ritt:ganjamon:er

Back
Top Bottom