Outdoor Grow spot for this year?

Picture_080_edited.jpg

damn, thats a nice lookin spot, you got water close?
Yup....
Theres a little stream about 5 mins away. & this place is remote too so I dont have to worry about anyone coming here , but I am still going to take ALL the necessary precautions. It is quite rocky should I just plant in good size Rubbermaid tubs?

i use the several small patch method, if something happens here, hopefully it wont happen over there kinda thing
Thanks man, Yeah it took me all day to find it. it Reminds me of the hidden Vally Ranch commercial . In a few months its gonna be be kicken nicely..

so what seeds are you gonna use? Femd? strain? breeder?
I have a few really decent looking bagseeds that cracked last night and just put into starter trays , but friday I plan on sending out an order and I have absolutely no idea what Im gonna get???? I need some help. Iwas thinking on going thru Vancouver Seed Co. But Im not sure at all what strain/strains im gonna get , But def. feminized seeds I have 0 time for messing around with males this year. If you can think of a nice hearty sativa strain that is very forgiving I'll try a few of those and I think Im gonna go with some sort of NLx not too sure of what cross but its either NLxHaze or NLxBig bud. But those Romulan plants look very dank.. Its like I'm a kid in a candy shop when I'm @ any those seed suppliers. So if any of you have ANY sugestions please let me know..
Ritter:peace:

:ganjamon: That video is wicked funny.... "This whole room STINKS , these cheese buds are so so cheesy look at the calyxes swollen on these plant" wicked funny man..
Now , how is customs? I've never ordered seeds , I used to order mushroom spores all the time. but two totally different things. Dinafem has some nice looking product huh? Mabey a few bluehash plants or a few master kushes Iam so so lost bro.... I need guidance on what strains to order , I have been trying to choose 2 different strains since Christmas time.. The problem is , I see all these plants & there ALL so gorgeous I get worked up and start going nuts and if Im baked forget about it I'l be on that site for hours , my girl gets ripped @ me.lol. Now how about DR. Atomics NL thats some serious material right there boy..
Mug_o_buds1.jpg
Not my picture I saw it on another thread

:Rasta:
Good Afternoon , everyone:Rasta:
I went to a very close friends house about 3 weeks ago and germinated a few really really decent looking fluffy Bag seeds , The buds had a nice sweet skunky smell to em' and they had a fair amount of crystals , so I saved em for the outdoor project I have planned for this year. I Started them by dropping the 6 I had in distilled H2o in a shot glass then covered with foil , 22-24 hours later 5-6 popped I planted in peat starter pots (The lil' 3' ones) With a mix- 4 parts peat-3 parts perilite-1 part coco-coir-2 parts organic potting soil- a dash of Lime-and a small amount of vermiculite.
I went over there today to check on them & they look good.....They are just about on their 5th node, I fimmed 2 out of 5 , & plan on giving @least 1 of them a serious LST Regimen But im gonna wait another week before I do that let them get some more root coverage before I start training. :yummy:..
I have pictures that My friend took they are definitely not the best picture quality But you at least will get some idea in your heads as to whats going on..I'll scan them in in a little bit , He didn't want to E-mail me the picture last night He's getting a little nervous its been years since he's had any greens growing in the homestead, so I told him Just take a picture print the picture & I'll scan it on my scanner when I get home.. so please when you see the picture quality "be easy on me". lol.
In about an hour im going up to the grow sites & plan on breaking the soil (Hope its not still frozen??) But In 1 area Im gonna use my mix that Ive been using for years for all my gardening @ home
4 Parts Perilite
4 Parts Pro-mix
2 parts Bat Guano
2 Parts Worm Castings Then I adjust pH accordingly to plants needs.
But this year Im gonna Kick it up a notch:surf:
I have been growing Mushrooms for the past 5-6 years & probably within the last 3 years I got more into growing them on Bulk casings , So I needed to have a steady stream of Compost, I started making it in the compost pile I have about a good size truck load still Unused I plan on adding that To the areas as well.. Its so Black-fluffy-and composted that I Couldn't even Live with myself if I didn't use it on these plants. I know I would regret it every time I walked by it this summer..
Should be getting some beans in about a week or 2, DR Green thumb seeds And the strain is Bubba Kush (Feminized) 10 pac.
Im gonna save 5 for when My 2x600 watt Hps/MH light systems get where they need to go.....I think that's gonna be a nice winter experiment:thumb:..
Im gonna go load those pictures Be back soon
Ritter"

Picture_0874.jpg

Sorry guys I couldnt upload the plant pictures cause the ole' lady was on the computer with the scaner.
But this is my homemade Mushroom compost that I added more blood meal to today along with some Miricale grow perilite I like to leach that stuff out a little cause of the nitrogen in it. But I have 4 more bins just like this one just about ready Im gonna raise the internal temp a little on all of the bins to compost it just a tad more. I have tiny strings of straw left still

Re: Outdoor Grow spot for this year???

Yes, unless someone comes there to pick rasberrys !!:rollit::rollit:
No I found out that they are just thorns serious ones at that.. Im geting smoked going in there now I cant even imagine what its gonna be like in the middle of the summer

No I found out that they are just thorns serious ones at that.. Im geting smoked going in there now I cant even imagine what its gonna be like in the middle of the summer
I live in western Ma., so if there's anything i can do to help, just let me know.

I live in western Ma., so if there's anything i can do to help, just let me know.
Yeah man I live in MA too.. I really appreciate the help I'm definitely gonna need some guidance through this season..
I went to the spot today and trained all the thorns surrounding the area to make fence about 5ft thick and 5-6ft high Made a nice secure perimeter.. So when they grow in the spring I will keep up the training , These thorns are nasty!!! They feel like they have venom in them , when you get poked it hurts like a bee sting. Its weird? I tied them in certain spots with green plant ties (they are just bigger bread ties.) I plan on going in there and tilling the soil sometime this week. I cant wait to see how thick these thorns get? Cant beat Vines & Thorns for cover. I took pictures of the plants today, When I log on later I'll post em':Rasta:

Hi Everyone.
Im a newbie here but have been growing here and there for a few years & Have just recently found myself becoming a FULL BLOWN ADDICT to this site.:thumb:
I have grown outdoors twice, & both times have had a beautiful crop stolen.
This is due to me being too trusting & thinking I needed a second person to do all the work....... Well not this year! I dont care how much prep work I have to do to get my spot perfect "I am not telling a soul!"

I went scouting yesterday , I found a few possible areas , I did pH tests on all 3 sites & they were roughly the same 5.5-6.0 Nitrogen levels were very low , as were the potassium & phosphorus I think this is due to the amount of growth around the sites. There were a ton of thorns or Possibly Raspberry bushes surrounding all 3 sites so I wil have to do alot of digging & cleaning up old root sections before I can do anything.
Now I have a few questions , Since those thorns/raspberry bushes are such fast growing plants and pretty much take over anything in there way should I consider looking for a completely new area??? I know I should have looked for a spot in the beginning of the fall while the leaves were stil on the trees , Because its gonna be hard to tell how much the leaves from the trees will block the girls sunlight?
Now if I do chose these spots should I dig out all the current root systems and replace with a foxfarm pre-mixed soil or mix it myself from coco coir/perilite/ homemade compost/composted manure/potting soil?? this is what Ive always used but I read about all the success with FF soils..
Im so excited I'll go out and hike to the spots and take some pics so you guys can tell me whats right/wrong.

Thank you guys so much for this site I love it and cant stop logging in...:yahoo:

Ritter
Just remember, people know where those blueberrys are located, and come there every yr.. Something to think about !!:ganjamon:

Picture_02113.jpg

Now here is the right image... All those thorns.... Man I get wrecked going in there now , Imagine in the summer??? Im screwed...lol.
But I know this is one of the only places I can get away with a nice operation in my area... + all the natural barrbed wire will keep out those deer (Hopefully?)
Trust me you guys will be seing all my cuts from the soon to be prep trips
Ritt:ganjamon:er
People walk for miles to pick blueberrys, is there any signs that people have been there ?? :yahoo:

hey man, i'm tuned in.

doing my first outdoor grow this summer. stop by my journal if you've got some time. i could use all the help i can get.

No no no, not at all. Heck all strains are going to grow best outside. Real sunlight cannot be reproduced indoors. I have no real answer as to why HE would like them but if I had to guess I would assume it is because Indica's are usually a larger plant when compared to sativa's.

I will agree with you on the people assuming a lot around here though!
actually Sativa's are generally bigger plants than Indica's.. Indica's grow shorter and more bushy, where Sativa's grow tall and lanky. Sativa's take a little longer to mature generally, but there is nothing wrong with an Indica, they make for a great plant when harvested with barely any amber trichs. Still packs a decent head buzz, with a great body numb that doesn't make you too tired

Back
Top Bottom