Outdoor Grow - Texas - Beginner

TwiceAYear

I'm looking forward to all the help I'll receive.
I'm growing bagseed outdoors in soil. (Idk what kind of soil it is, but it's mixed with earth soil)
It's in a white cup for now, but will be put into the ground in a couple of days.. It's been in the cup for 12 days (1st on June)

My plant today:
image2263.jpg

Second angel:
image2264.jpg

Q: Is my plant a sativa or indica dominant? (I really want a sativa)
A: ?

Re: Outdoor Grow (Texas) - Beginner

Hi TwiceAYear,

It's hard to tell as babies, but from the form of the leaves shapes you are looking at Sativa dominant. When the leaves are more pointy and long, they are Sativa/Sativa dominant Hybrid. When the leaves are short and fat, they are Indica/Indica dominant Hybrid.

Also, just a helpful tip. When you are putting your photos in your posts, after you upload them, if you click on the "My Photos" button on the bottom left hand side of your text window, you can place your photos in the post so that you don't have to click on the links to see the photos.

:Namaste:

I'm looking forward to all the help I'll receive.
I'm growing bagseed outdoors in soil. (Idk what kind of soil it is, but it's mixed with earth soil)
It's in a white cup for now, but will be put into the ground in a couple of days.. It's been in the cup for 12 days (1st on June)

My plant today:
image2263.jpg

Second angel:
image2264.jpg

Q: Is my plant a sativa or indica dominant? (I really want a sativa)
A: ?

Thanks I've been trying to figure out how to do that! +rep

Maybe you can help me out with this too - Plant food. I was looking around today (walmarts my only option ATM) and I noticed some Miracle-Gro All Purpose Plant Food. It's high In Nitrogen with less P and K. Is this any good? I don't remember the exact % (I also tried looking online, no help.) I appreciate any and all help!

You really should try to stay away from Miracle Gro. But if you must... Just remember, Veg growth - Higher N values. Flowering growth - Lower N values and higher PK values!

Check out our sponsor Blue Planet Nutrients. I use them exclusivly for any and every grow I do. Meaning cannabis and non cannabis! I love the Farmer's Pride Organic solution. It is all I have ever used and I love the results.

Not to mention the many successful grows that have happened here on 420 Magazine! :thumb:

Maybe you can help me out with this too - Plant food. I was looking around today (walmarts my only option ATM) and I noticed some Miracle-Gro All Purpose Plant Food. It's high In Nitrogen with less P and K. Is this any good? I don't remember the exact % (I also tried looking online, no help.) I appreciate any and all help!

Is Miracle-Gro better than nothing?
And will my plant be able to survive the heat of Texas? It hit 100*F today and a couple cities away it hit 106*

Yes, Miracle Gro is better than nothing, I have to admit. Just not preferred at all for growing cannabis.

Should be fine, just make sure to keep her properly hydrated. More heat requires more frequent watering. Just don't over do it. :thumb:

Miracle grow is a well balanced complex for all vegetation, through all stages, though you may want to use a more tailored solution for flowering, as you won't be needing all the nitrogen Miracle grow provides. In the great outdoors, plants can make do with high heat, so long as ventilation is good and watering is managed well, particularly if planting directly into the world; water may drain away very quickly. Welcome to 420! Best of luck :peace:

There are good quality nutes that are much more "pot friendly" available in every major city of the US. I was able to obtain a good quality multi part feed from a hydro store within 30 mins drive. $40 bucks and you got enough for several complete grows. MG has many variations and Ive read some of the micro nutes are not ina benificial formula for cannabis. But very dilluted, Its better than nothin'. :)

I'm gonna try my hardest to get some quality nutes the next time I make a trip to Houston. Any recommendations on 1 thing for veg & 1 thing for flower? Preferably in a somewhat small package. Thanks to everyone helping me out!

Update:

~ fuck! I hate trying to post pictures on here!! Is there an app for this website?
Every time I try to click on 'my photos' it opens my pics in another window, I click the one I want, then the window continues onto another section of this website with other pictures of plants. Anyone on an iPhone that can help me out?

subscribed. General Hydroponics MaxiGro and MaxiBloom are dry nutrients that you add to pH adjusted water. i have not used these dry nutrients but the flowering formula is very close to the lucas formula.

here is everything you should need to know to post full size photographs in your journal.
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Wow.. That easy. (I was using Google Chrome for iPhone and all I had to do was start using Safari again) but thanks to everyone who tried to help.

Glad to see you got your photo issue worked out!

Wow.. That easy. (I was using Google Chrome for iPhone and all I had to do was start using Safari again) but thanks to everyone who tried to help.

image2401.jpg
image2400.jpg

I went to check up on my plant today and I found holes in the leaves :trance:
And I forgot to mention I found a deer or hog print right beside my plant. Any suggestions on how to resolve these issues?

Spread some Cheyenne pepper around your plants but make sure it's about 5 ft away from your plants. Or get some fishing string and tie it about 3 1/2 feet above ground around your plants about 4 feet away.(box them in)
Thanks. I'll try that thing with the fishing string & do you mean cayenne pepper? Or is Cheyenne Pepper different?

Back
Top Bottom