Outdoor grower needs help with first grow

outdoor only grower far north from you.
Can’t help ya as far as strains for your area, can help you with a tip....
I can tell you I know many people who have lost gardens along river banks due to flooding, taking the easy route thinking they were close to water source cost them their crop.
I hope others can help you pick good strains

outdoor only grower far north from you.
Can’t help ya as far as strains for your area, can help you with a tip....
I can tell you I know many people who have lost gardens along river banks due to flooding, taking the easy route thinking they were close to water source cost them their crop.
I hope others can help you pick good strains
Absolutely on the flood risk. River terrace=yes, river bank=no, as far as decent spots for a grow.

I have strains ready sprouted
0905182358_HDR.jpg

Up north here it depends on the type of weather spring brings. We’ve been known to have frost mid spring.
This year i had 80-90 degrees mid spring.
So it verys every yr.
In shirt tho, i want mine in fabric pots outside asap so that they finish before fall frost.
This is the size of most of mine when they get put outside

Those look like good size plants, close node spacing. Are those 40 gal fabric pots? How big do your plants usually grow by harvest time? Yeah its only the frost that'll kill them though

This yr the smallest pots were 60 gal.
Biggest 100 gal.

Usually by harvest time most bushes are between 8-12 ft tall depending on strain, sun, disease’s exc........
Usually a little taller than these.. And when they start budding my bushes are double wrapped in netting to prevent branches from snapping.
Look through my media under my profile for more pics, and check out these guys as well.. ( sorry if im forgetting any of my other outdoor fabric pot growing friends)
@HayStack
@Blew Hiller
Both excellent fabric pot growers imo..

I also have a closed outdoor journal as well if you look through completed journals. I lost my crop early August to a nasty supercell storm... The beginning of my journal i explain the importance of fabtic pots.
Sorry if im a little vague, im currently out of town.

This yr the smallest pots were 60 gal.
Biggest 100 gal.

Usually by harvest time most bushes are between 8-12 ft tall depending on strain, sun, disease’s exc........
Usually a little taller than these.. And when they start budding my bushes are double wrapped in netting to prevent branches from snapping.
Look through my media under my profile for more pics, and check out these guys as well.. ( sorry if im forgetting any of my other outdoor fabric pot growing friends)
@HayStack
@Blew Hiller
Both excellent fabric pot growers imo..

I also have a closed outdoor journal as well if you look through completed journals. I lost my crop early A7ugust to a nasty supercell storm... The beginning of my journal i explain the importance of fabtic pots.
Sorry if im a little vague, im currently out of town.
Those are impressive looking plants/trees. It is inspirational

Looks like you off to a good start !

Welcome to :420:
Hi ya. Only been growing outside a few years but have a 'buddy' who knows far too much about growing lol. I can ask him for you. Good luck.
I have to veg mine indoor for a while more before they'll be ready to go outside still getting those morning frosts

Southern hemisphere, mean aus? Hope so, I just need a laugh with the warnings of River bank growing :rofl:

Or fishermen watching you grow them some plants :rofl:
You need to get to Bunnings.. best stuff and next to all you need untill after mid January, go go juice and seasol... Fix your soil now with some chook shit and mushroom compost, mix it up, dig at it with crow Bar... Veg plants in pots at moment..Melbourne cup is the time for planting into soil, warmed up and no stalling....

Or fishermen watching you grow them some plants :rofl:
You need to get to Bunnings.. best stuff and next to all you need untill after mid January, go go juice and seasol... Fix your soil now with some chook shit and mushroom compost, mix it up, dig at it with crow Bar... Veg plants in pots at moment..Melbourne cup is the time for planting into soil, warmed up and no stalling....
Longer days too but should be able to jump the gun a plant them sooner

Back
Top Bottom