outdoor growing and fertilizer

revid

I am a first time grower and growing a few "early girl" strand outdoors and was wondering whats the best type/kind of fertilizer to use. Currently i have been feeding them once a week with 20/20/20. A friend suggested to use different n/p/k mixture but dont know what,for how long and when and if to change after so long? Any help would be great. Also what about granule fertilizers? The local garden center sells a bunch of different mixtures.

If you've gone already into direction of salt-based fertilizers you need more N in veg and early flowering with medium K & P, and high P with medium K & low N from middle flowering.

If you've gone already into direction of salt-based fertilizers you need more N in veg and early flowering with medium K & P, and high P with medium K & low N from middle flowering.

Thanks , what do you mean salt based? the 20/20/20 is mixed with water . Can you give me some actual number combos of fertilizer to use?

Salt based = chemically synthesized
I'm an organic grower really, but you risk overfeeding with anything above 15-15-15, which means toxicity and need to quick flush. I'd ask growers who feed plants that way by the way. Try to start a thread in FAQ!

Salt based = chemically synthesized
I'm an organic grower really, but you risk overfeeding with anything above 15-15-15, which means toxicity and need to quick flush. I'd ask growers who feed plants that way by the way. Try to start a thread in FAQ!

thanks,will do copy and paste my post in the faq section.

Back
Top Bottom