Outdoor growing room

bluemode

My grow room is attached to the outside of my apartment. I have to keep the door open at night to keep the temp from spiking over 90. With the door open it stays around 75. The problem is at night all the light attracts tons of moths and other bugs like ladybugs light green jumping things and others. You know the kind of bugs that congregate around street lights. Is this a problem or an annoyance? Please let me know.

It has been like this for about three days now and I have not seen any damage just that they are liking where they are, the bugs that is. They seem to hang out by the plants even throughout the day. So if they are not a harm they can hang out if they are a hazard help me give them the boot.

Baby moths of course are catapellers, most if not all of who feast on plants. I think there could be major problems.
What you need to do is put in ventilation. Cut 2 holes, 1 low (intake) 1 high (exhaust) and install a fan in each.

Ladybugs do eat spidermites but can't survive on them.

My plans are to keep it like it is for another week or so of Vegging. Then I go 12/12 of which 12 the door will be oen with light and 12 the door will be closed for darkness. I am hoping this works out. The moth though laying on the leaves do not seem to be causing damage

A light on at nite is like a moths singles bar.
After they mate, they lay eggs.
When the eggs hatch, it's bye-bye plants.
Baby catapellers are programed to do one thing. They eat and eat and eat--thats all they do.
Most of the eggs hatch at the same time, and they can do major damage in as little as a day.

Today I am seeing some major stress. Not sure what its coming from. I am assuming its the fucking moths. From here is there an insectiside I can use to reverse or save the plant its just about to flower.

You have to put in ventilation.
Ventilation is not just to keep temp's down; plants need fresh air. When available CO2 has been depleted, growth ceases.
You can't use tons of insecticide when they're flowering or else you'll be smoking it and that's not good.
Get a magnifying glass and inspect all the leaves, top and bottom. The first step is identifying the cause of the problem.
If you find some bugs, "capture" a few and take them to a local plant nursery. Tell them the bugs are of your veggie's so they will sell you a safe insecticide.

I put the room in dark for two ours and had a bright light outside of the grow room to attract the moths that were in the grow room. It woorksed I got them out. I sprayed the plant with fresh water and am going to start flowering tonight. Thank you for the advise. I looed and aside from the stress I found no bugs. I should have pictures of the plant within a day or two. Thanks Again.

Back
Top Bottom