Outdoor Growing With BeezLuiz

All three of my What Widows ended up male and only 2 of the others that I gave away ended up going female - kinda surprised me.
Dang, that’s not good odds! Did you get any smoke reports back from the females? That sounds like a tasty cross you’ve developed.
Silver lining: I took the pollen from one of the male What Widows, and pollinated a cutting from my Zamaldelica Auto that I cloned. It gave me about 30 seeds. 3 of those seeds are growing right now - I call them White Zelicas. It looks like I have 2 female and 1 male, and they are all photo period.
You’re living the dream, Beez! Keep it up!

I’ve missed this place over the past year or so, and looking forward to what you and everyone turn loose this year!!
:passitleft:

BeeZ your plants always look so happy, healthy and just a beautiful green. They’re always a pleasure to ponder.:thumb:
Thanks Nev!
Dang, that’s not good odds! Did you get any smoke reports back from the females?
Yeah, terrible odds. The ones that turned female went to a couple of my son's friends. I never got a smoke report.

I think it's finally time to declare White Zelica #2 to be "male". It was flipped about 15 days ago and looks to me to be showing some pollen sacs now. If you disagree, let me know, cuz it's headed to the yard waste bin in the next day or two.

The other two White Zelicas are looking fine and definitely female. I flipped the lights 11 days ago and they are finally showing some flowering action.

Here's a quick shot at some cuttings that I took from the White Zelicas - 2 from each female. They've been hanging out since Mar 1st. I did nothing special with these other than dip them in some rooting hormone powder and then shove them into some seedling starter soil. Soaked the soil and put a dome on them. After 20 days they still look pretty green and healthy. Hopefully I see new growth soon. :nervous-guy:

And finally, I'll leave with a group picture of the 4 females. I'm pretty happy with the relatively flat and even canopies, but Northern Lights is stretching pretty fast. More on that in the next update.

20 days with the domes on? :eek:
Thanks for the link, Shed. I guess I did about half of what Beez recommended in his post. The reason I still have the domes on is that last time I tried cloning, I removed the domes after a few days and the cuttings started to dry out and wilt within a day. I put the domes back on and they were fine from then on. I have removed the domes a few times to inspect the leaves and let in some fresh air. We'll know soon enough, I guess. :thanks:

After a couple more days, White Zelica #2 has definitely gone male.
No worries, though, because 2 of 3 went female. Honestly, I'm a little relieved - I didn't have any room to grow that one out.

Hi Everyone, sorry about the lack of updates -- I don't know where the last three weeks have gone. :hmmmm:

My winter auto run has turned into a lengthy auto and photo run that is getting in the way of starting my summer plants and my veggie garden, oh well.
The plants are all doing really well and starting to get nice and aromatic.

Glueberry OG Auto
Glueberry is now 91 days old and still has a long way to go before it's ripe enough to harvest. Breeder estimate was harvest at 77 days from sprout.
It smells the best of my four plants and the buds are building up to be nice and dense. At 21 inches tall it's looking to be one of my better autos. :cool:

Northern Lights Auto
Northern Lights is 89 days from sprout and also not even close to the breeder estimate for harvest (77-84 days). It currently stands at 23" tall and seems to be a beast for an auto. It was topped, LST, and super cropped. It is loaded with bud sites and might break my yield record if all continues to go well.
It didn"t start to flower until about day 46, so it had plenty of time to veg. The buds are building up nicely, but still have lots more work to do.

White Zelicas (Photoperiod)
These two plants were hopefully going to be autos, but turned out to be photoperiod, but might not take much longer than the two autos I'm growing. They are the same age as the autos, but didn't start flowering until I flipped the lights. They are currently on day 24 of flowering. They are pretty tall - both are 26.5 inches high, and hopefully have just about finished their stretch.

Clones
I took cuttings from my two female White Zelicas about 6 weeks ago. They all rooted and are putting out new growth now. I will be gifting these to my son's friends very soon. Last year his friends got about 7 plants from me and all but two turned out to be male. I know these four are female, so they should have a good grow this year.

Misc
I need to start my tomato and pepper seedlings now (should have done so a week or two ago), but there's no room under my lights. I may have to send the two autos outside to finish up -- I'm guessing they will need another 3 weeks or so. I can't put my White Zelicas outside because they will surely re-veg with the days now getting longer. :hmmmm:

I was visiting my son yesterday and he showed me this:
He says it came up on its own. Occasionally he'll find a seed in his weed and he just tosses it out the garage door. This must have been one of those. He says he hasn't done anything for it. The only water it gets is from rain and the bottom of his beer when he has one. :laughtwo: I think it looks like it's going to be male, so it'll probably be pulled soon.

I was just thinking the other day- Beez' autos have got to be getting pretty big by now...
And..I was right!- I forgot that 2 of them are photos, but that doesn't matter- they're all looking fantastic, Beez !:thumb:

That sidewalk crack plant sure is doing good- If it's a girl, is @Liquidintel going to let it go full term?

That sidewalk crack plant sure is doing good- If it's a girl, is @Liquidintel going to let it go full term?
I'm not sure. It's in a pretty bad location. I forgot to mention, that it actually sprouted in December and managed to survive the winter temperatures just fine... of course it's California winter, but still we had some near-freezing periods.

I'm not sure. It's in a pretty bad location. I forgot to mention, that it actually sprouted in December and managed to survive the winter temperatures just fine... of course it's California winter, but still we had some near-freezing periods.
That's amazing, I'm willing it on and hoping it's a she!

:ciao: Beez! Your plants are looking gorgeous! That NL auto is a beast! She looks like a record breaker to me. :cheesygrinsmiley: I’m so glad your Zelicas are doing well, if I remember correctly the last ones had an issue when you went on vacation? They are just beautiful. :love: So funny how your son can get a gorgeous plant like that to find its way to happiness in a sidewalk crack and fed with beer. :laughtwo: That’s my kinda gal! Can’t wait to see how they finish.

Top notch work training that Northern Lights this year, Beez! She’s a top heavy one!

And I see the apple hasn’t fallen far from the tree with Liquid’s ability to grow in a sidewalk!! Too funny, will be interesting to see what happens with that one.
:thumb:

That's a beautiful foursome BL! If you need the room under the lights I would not hesitate to acclimate those autos to the sun and leave them there. 13g13 vegged an auto inside and then put it out when it flowered and it turned into a beast! If I ever grow another auto that's how I'll do it. If. :)
that it actually sprouted in December
That crack plant is amazing, and even more amazing that it hasn't show any signs of what sex it is after four months!

Update time!
The indoor four are still chugging along. The Glueberry OG auto is now 109 days old and has been flowering for about 63 (the breeder's estimates are 77 days start to finish). The Northern Lights auto is 107 days old and has been flowering for about 61 days (the breeder's estimates are 77-84 days start to finish). The White Zelica photos are not too far behind the autos. They were flipped on Mar 09 and have been flowering for about 42 days.

Northern Lights auto has two, maybe three more weeks to go, and looking good still.

The Glueberry OG auto is getting close.
No more fresh pistil stigmas, and the water consumption has slowed down. The buds are dense and frosty. I'm looking forward to trying this one! :drool:

Here's some close-ups of the trichomes using my new Wi-Fi microscope for the first time. I'm thinking maybe one more week.

I am way behind schedule getting my summer outdoor seeds going.
At this time, I'm planning on growing Amnesia (mostly sativa), and Sugar Breath (mostly indica). Not settled yet on what @Liquidintel is going to grow - maybe get some clones from a local dispensary. In the meantime, I started a Sensi Cheese for him.

And a final look at Liquid's rouge crack plant.
It finally showed male...
...and is headed for the yard waste bin. :sorry:

Back
Top Bottom