Outdoor Growing With BeezLuiz

Weed and tomato paste are always top shelf at your house.
Maybe I can move my tomato paste in there as well. Seems like weed and Hunt's go well together. :laughtwo:
Love that 'closet of indulgence' - great job!
Thanks Stunger! :thanks:
I've got 3 boxes of jars now, in the hall closet
I used to keep my jars in the hall closet as well, but my wife could still smell the weed when walking near it, so I moved it out of the house, into the garage. With these sealed bags, there's no smell. Happy wife, happy life!
Nice on that remodel and conversion BZ! It turned out so much more convenient and under a much better controlled environment.
Thanks Nev! The bedroom temperature stays pretty constant throughout the year (between 65° and 71°F). If it's good enough for wine, it should be good enough for weed.
I have a cellar that is perfect for that! Except, I have no wine!
Our wine storage was really the reason for that closet conversion. We have room for 96 bottles of wine, and I think there's currently only 3 open slots left. 🍷My wife has a binder that catalogs all our wine and tells us where each bottle is located. Makes it super easy to find that perfect bottle to drink. :cool:

Ah, a wine connoisseur! I used to have a nice collection. A lot of homemade wines, too. Much fun! Happy Smokin' an' Drinkin'

I'm far from a connoisseur - more like an enthusiast. We are surrounded by great wine regions here, so it's easy to find some nice wineries to indulge in. Last week, the wife and I made a day trip to the Dry Creek Valley wine region (Sonoma County, next to Napa). We came home with 18 new bottles of wine. :)

I transplanted the rest of my plants today... well, all but one.

Brainwash #1 is really looking like it's going to be a male, and even if it does turn out to be female, I don't think it will be worth transplanting, so out it goes! Meanwhile, Brainwash #2 and #3 are both looking pretty good, but #2 has lighter colored leaves that I hadn't noticed until I took them out into natural light.

I'm not sure why, since they both were sprouted the same day, got the same soil, the same watering cycles, and the same lighting. Maybe my son got the seeds mixed up. :hmmmm: I'll know more once they flower - if they flower.

Miss Ashely's roots were not quite as robust as the Brainwash roots in spite of being 5 days longer in that solo cup.

Here's the remaining 5, all in their new homes.

It won't be long now...nice looking bunch, Beez!

I'm glad I stumbled in here this morning, I'm in SoCal and the temps have been amazing! By amazing I mean so much cooler than normal for this time of year.

I've been wondering about the weather. I think the plants just have sense about where we are around the sun. One of the two I got going is lookin kinda droopy too. I was wondering about lighting and temps, the plant does really well under the fluorescents which are right in infront of the mini splits air flow (I'm on my 3rd or 4th mini split for the garage). It's ok I've been in the house for 17 years. The mini split tech keeps changing and the units keep breaking so that works out...

My reg Purpua is loving life & I don't care if it's male or female cause I got a Green Crack Fem right next to it. They are within a week of each other. I adjusted the heat up and the tent is staying around 82 but the humidity is only at 10%.

I'm being patient as I can be and think the Fem is adjusting to the lighting.

And... Hey BeeZ!!!

:cool:

Hi squrtal, and thanks for visiting! :welcome:
Honestly, I don't know much about Obama Runtz. By son stopped by my house one night and shared a nug of it with me. It came from a dispensary. We both enjoyed the high and I was impressed with the frostiness of it. It also came with a couple of seeds. Those are the ones that are now growing here.

Here's part of a description I found online: "Obama Runtz is an indica dominant hybrid strain (70% indica/30% sativa) created through a three-way cross of the potent Afghani X OG Kush X Runtz strains. The high has an instant cerebral rush, smashing into your brain almost as soon as you exhale with a rush of happy euphoria. You'll feel outgoing and sociable, ready to chat with anyone and everyone around you. This is accompanied by a super relaxing physical tingle that works its way throughout your entire body, calming your limbs and lulling you into a deep and peaceful sleep." :ganjamon:

This is accompanied by a super relaxing physical tingle that works its way throughout your entire body, calming your limbs and lulling you into a deep and peaceful sleep." :ganjamon:
Oh Man, could I use some of that!!!!:bongrip:

Sounds just like some of the weed I grow!
Hi squrtal, and thanks for visiting! :welcome:
Honestly, I don't know much about Obama Runtz. By son stopped by my house one night and shared a nug of it with me. It came from a dispensary. We both enjoyed the high and I was impressed with the frostiness of it. It also came with a couple of seeds. Those are the ones that are now growing here.

Here's part of a description I found online: "Obama Runtz is an indica dominant hybrid strain (70% indica/30% sativa) created through a three-way cross of the potent Afghani X OG Kush X Runtz strains. The high has an instant cerebral rush, smashing into your brain almost as soon as you exhale with a rush of happy euphoria. You'll feel outgoing and sociable, ready to chat with anyone and everyone around you. This is accompanied by a super relaxing physical tingle that works its way throughout your entire body, calming your limbs and lulling you into a deep and peaceful sleep." :ganjamon:

Yikes, last update was a month ago. Here's a long overdue update on my winter grow. With the unusually cold winter this year, my plants are not very happy. They are currently in my unheated garage, under lights on a table - no tent, no environmental controls. The garage temperature has been in the range of about 48 - 60°F (9 - 16°C) for the past couple months.

They are actually doing ok, but not thriving - just surviving. Here's a group shot.

None of them are showing sex yet, but I feel all 5 might be female. Normally, I'd be quite happy, but I want to transplant them into 3 gal pots, but my space isn't really large enough for 5. They are all currently in 1/2 gal pots. I'm tempted to flip the lights to 12/12 to get them showing their sex, but they're not very large. I had expected these all to be finished by April so that I can use the area to start my summer grow and my vegetables. The plants are currently 63 - 70 days old. Is that long enough veg time?

One of my Obama Runtz plants was showing signs of phosphorous deficiency a few weeks ago.
I read that temps below 58°F (15°C) run the risk of P deficiency. It could have also been salts buildup, even though the plant soil is not very old. I couldn't do much about the temps, but I did flush that plant a couple weeks ago. It seems to be doing better now - especially after trimming the dead leaves off.

Here's some pics of the other plants:
The leaves are not the usual green that I'm used to. I probably have been under-feeding them. I've now switched from MC to the Prescription Blend line of nutrients, and expect them to improve. I topped all them once so far and began LST. I'm actually pretty happy with their relatively flat canopies.

I did not have high expectations with this winter grow. It's just something to mess around with while I wait for the weather to improve. Here's to hoping things warm up a bit in the coming weeks. :Namaste:

I read that temps below 58°F (15°C) run the risk of P deficiency
Some growers drop temps in late flower with air conditioners to enhance the purple colors, but like you said, that's just a sign that the plant is having trouble taking up P because of the colder temps. I never understood stressing the plant like that for no purpose (said the guy who routinely droughts his plants for the extra trichome production)

The garage temperature has been in the range of about 48 - 60°F
Hi, Beez- I've got the same thing going on, it's delaying flowering on my Amnesia Haze, while the "warm"
plant right next to it (in the box) is cranking out pistils like there's no tomorrow...
I spotted a single pistil on the cold one this morning, so maybe she's finally going to start reacting to 14 days of 12/12...
The plants are currently 63 - 70 days old. Is that long enough veg time?
I flipped the ATF at 56 days and AH at 42 days old- both plants had alternating nodes by then, so I figured they were ready to flip.

If you do flip them now, it may take longer than usual to show sex, but they'll get there, eventually... 😁

Some growers drop temps in late flower with air conditioners to enhance the purple colors, but like you said, that's just a sign that the plant is having trouble taking up P because of the colder temps. I never understood stressing the plant like that for no purpose (said the guy who routinely droughts his plants for the extra trichome production)
Agreed. If I want purple, I'll just grow a blueberry variety. :laughtwo:
I vegged my winter grow for 66 days but didn't have the cold night temps yours have (63-65 at night in the tent). They're looking better though so I'd flip them to fit the big summer schedule since this is just a "let's see what happens" grow.
The weather this next week is supposed to be wet, but at least the air mass will be warmer. Hopefully I will see some improvement. I guess I can just flip them without up-potting them, since they are so small.
I flipped the ATF at 56 days and AH at 42 days old- both plants had alternating nodes by then, so I figured they were ready to flip.
So far, no alternating nodes. I think I'll give it one more week and then flip.

Quick update here (wow, 2nd one in a week)!
Since switching the nutes to Prescription Blend, and lowering the lights just a little, the plants seem to be looking better.

Also, I did some scoping of the plants, in search of signs of sex. I was able to find a couple stigmas on Obama Runtz #1 and Miss Ashley (glad I don't have to change it to Mr. Ashley :p) to confirm they are female. The other three are still unconfirmed, but looking female to me.

Back
Top Bottom