Outdoor Growing With BeezLuiz

First time for us growing Zkittlez. We got the seed (Black Skull Seeds breeder) as a freebie from a Dope Seeds order a couple years ago. I'm really looking forward to giving it a try.

Those are all looking great BL! I'm especially interested in seeing how the RD grows out for obvious reasons...

What size bags are they in? I've heard that pot size makes a difference with GF.

applying his training well.
LOL!
Zkittlez. We got the seed (Black Skull Seeds breeder
I'm interested in eventually hearing how that hits. I have the same seeds but was wondering how indica dom it would turn out.

One of the hazards of growing outdoors... birds sometimes use the plants for target practice. :rolleyes:

Time for an update on the Purples. Last time I posted a group shot of both plants I got some "constructive criticism " from someone.... ;)
I would have preferred them to be the other way around in the first pic so the labels would have the Purple together. But that's just me
As I want to make everyone happy, let me know how this looks. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Purple Haze
On day 97 from sprout and just about where I woud say "flowering" has begun. No more topping or bending so it's really going skyward fast. Now at 35 inches as of this morning.

I pulled out the step stool for a top view of all the soon-to-be buds. Gonna need the ladder next time.
Granddaddy Purple
On day 97 from sprout and also beginning to form buds. This one is getting it's stretch on and is 30 inches tall as of today. I'm very happy with the flattened shape of the top of the plant. Hopefully it will grow evenly from here.

And the view from up high looking down.

Somehow I missed this post from a couple days ago... :sorry:
What size bags are they in? I've heard that pot size makes a difference with GF.
All of his plants are in the 10 gallon bags, so he applies 1 cup GF per plant.
I'm interested in eventually hearing how that hits. I have the same seeds but was wondering how indica dom it would turn out.
I'm curious to try it as well. It's supposed to be calming and relaxing without resulting in couch-lock. We'll see.
they'll be massive come September...hope you have a 16' A-frame for the FromTheTop® views come Fall.
I may need to climb onto my roof to get the SaugaView® shots come September. :laughtwo:
You are the master of the Purps train!
I think I'm just along for the ride. :goof:
That top on the GP looks better then a lot of peeps attempts to LST a flat top.
That plant got a lot of topping, bending and bondage. Fortunately I only snapped one stem, and I managed to save it with a little garden tape.

Stunning as always, especially that top view! Please don’t climb up on the roof, I’ll send you a selfie stick, much safer. ;) Nice switch around with your purples, good thing they’re on those well made, brilliantly crafted trolleys.

Great looking ladies, Beez!
Beautiful job on the training- perfect starting points for "the stretch"

Yesterday I experimented with some of the kief that I collected recently. I bought an inexpensive ($10) pollen press and used it to compress the kief into pucks.

The pucks were a lot easier to work with than the loose kief.

I placed a couple pucks into my decarb unit and ran it through a decarb cycle. Afterwards, the pucks were slightly lighter and considerably more solid. Had the look and feel of hashish.

I wanted to make some butter that was approx 20 mg THC per teaspoon. From previous measurements, I estimated my kief to be approx 56% THC. I melted one stick of butter (4 fl oz) and added 1 gram of decarbed kief. I calculated the butter would be 4.4mg/ml THC (22mg/tsp).

My plan was to crumble the decarbed kief puck into the butter and run it through an infusion cycle. This is indeed what I did, but I'm thinking I didn't really need to do this step because the kief puck instantly dissolved into the butter when I added it.

After the infusion cycle, there was considerable condensation on the lid and the butter had separated out the milk solids from the ghee. The solid just sank to the bottom of the container. I added 1tsp of liquid sunflower lecithin to the ghee.

I haven't tried it yet to test out the strength. I'm not really much of an edibles guy as I get such inconsistent reactions and such slow response time (2 hrs usually). I'm mostly making this for my son as he wants to smoke less to save his lungs. I think maybe the next batch I will just dissolve the decarbed kief into the butter and skip the infusion cycle.

Where did you get all that kief? That container looks like it's 8oz and it's almost full to the top.
I believe the container holds 4 fl oz, but the kief was light and fluffy. By weight, I think I collected about 63 g (2.2 oz) of kief in total. I used the dry ice method to extract it from a couple years worth of trim that was sitting around in my garage. Here's the post of how I collected it - it was super easy to do. Dry Ice Kief Collection

I believe the container holds 4 fl oz, but the kief was light and fluffy. By weight, I think I collected about 63 g (2.2 oz) of kief in total. I used the dry ice method to extract it from a couple years worth of trim that was sitting around in my garage. Here's the post of how I collected it - it was super easy to do. Dry Ice Kief Collection
Opps, I must have missed that post. Thanks for the link, I think I'll give it a try. I probably have a couple pounds of left over trim from last year lying around the house.

Time to update on the two remaining autos. The American Pie that was harvested on 7/3 is now dried (both hang dry and low & slow) and curing in jars. I weighed it all and I am pretty happy with the results - it's one of my best yields for an auto. 67 grams, and if I count the 3 grams I had to throw out, it would have totaled 70 grams (2.5 oz). :cool:

These two autos are both now at 59 days.

Zamaldelica Auto

It's been flowering for about 36 days now, and by the looks of it, it has a long way to go still. Not much frost, but it does smell nice - pine/juniper is the prominent scent.

Because this plant grew so large, I moved it outdoors full time shortly after it started flowering. Today I noticed the first sign of caterpillar damage!! :eek:

I knew the little bugger had to be nearby, and sure enough I found it. Pretty tiny still so it only got to one sugar leaf before I was able to remove it.

You can see where it was munching away at the stem.

Gorilla Cookies Auto

Gorilla Cookies has also been flowering for about 36 days now and is looking further along than the Zam, but still probably 2 or 3 more weeks. This one is still getting moved inside under the lights each night, so no worries about caterpillars. Probably a good thing too, because it smells super fragrant and fruity.

I'm really happy about all the frost on the buds. Maybe my frostiest plant so far.

Back
Top Bottom