Outdoor growing

polarbearrhug

This has probably been asked before, sorry in advance, but I am growing a plant in my back yard. Its about 10 1/2 inches maybe 11 inches. It's female(yeah!) but I'm not sure when it's suppose to flower. I live in FL so there are longer days of light. I'm wondering when it will bud. This is my first plant and it's been doing great with the gradual humidity and sunny weather. Does the 12/12 apply to plants outdoors or should I just let nature take it's course?

Peace

Re: Oudoor growing

Nature will definitely let the plant know when it's time to dance... your part is to make sure she can take full advantage of what is available outside.

I'm in Oregon and have never grown in Fl. but, I do know that when the Summer equinox happens, the plant will start to flower on her own!

If I may be so bold, you should look around and do some reading here... there is more than enough good stuff to get you headed in the right direction!

Good luck and happy growing!

Thank you Captain! I just needed the reassurance. I will def take your advice and look around for more information.

Peace

Nature will definitely let the plant know when it's time to dance... your part is to make sure she can take full advantage of what is available outside.

I'm in Oregon and have never grown in Fl. but, I do know that when the Summer equinox happens, the plant will start to flower on her own!

If I may be so bold, you should look around and do some reading here... there is more than enough good stuff to get you headed in the right direction!

Good luck and happy growing!

So in general, your saying outdoors plants generally start to flower around June 22, in the Northern Hemisphere?

I want to grow outside but I live in WI and the cops look for it, too much paranoia for my peace of mind.

Maybe I should become a fly fisherman and plant some by a creek.

That's why I grow mine indoors.

That would be a "vernal equinox" the one I am refering to is the "autumnal equinox"... here is a good explanation of why MJ flowers when she does... no matter where she is!

An equinox happens each year at two specific moments in time (rather than two whole days), when there is a location (the subsolar point) on the Earth's equator, where the center of the Sun can be observed to be vertically overhead, occurring around March 20/21 and September 22/23 each year.

Although the word equinox is often understood to mean "equal [day and] night," this is not strictly true. For most locations on earth, there are two distinct identifiable days per year when the length of day and night are closest to being equal; those days are referred to as the "equiluxes" to distinguish them from the equinoxes. Equinoxes are points in time, but equiluxes are days. By convention, equiluxes are the days where sunrise and sunset are closest to being exactly 12 hours apart.

Vernal equinox and autumnal equinox: these classical names are direct derivatives of Latin (ver = spring and autumnus = autumn).
March equinox and September equinox: a usage becoming the preferred standard by technical writers choosing to avoid Northern Hemisphere bias (implied by assuming that March is in the springtime and September is autumnal—true for those in the Northern Hemisphere but exactly opposite in the Southern Hemisphere).

So in general, your saying outdoors plants generally start to flower around June 22, in the Northern Hemisphere?

I want to grow outside but I live in WI and the cops look for it, too much paranoia for my peace of mind.

Maybe I should become a fly fisherman and plant some by a creek.

That's why I grow mine indoors.

Hey guys north florida here just couple of questions. First off this its my first grow in florida and was just wondering wen I should change my nutes over from veg to flower? She just started to show pre-flowers but I'm not sure if she's actually ready to flower because the days aren't actually 12/12 any info would be great!

Not sure what strains you are running Ganja Munky but if I am unsure of the finishing time of a particular strain. I wait till I see the plant start to flower and then start working her into the bloom nutes.
Start off w/a mix of bloom/grow at 50/50 and then work into full bloom nute. Shouldn't take more than a couple feedings or so.

You keep watching her... she'll let you know. Usually sometime around the end of Aug. start of Sept. she will start flowering... should anyways!

Back
Top Bottom