Outdoor growing

Cannaconnect

I live in Mississauga Ontario Canada. How do I start plants inside, then bring them outside to continue to veg. Till June 20th.
what’s the process for this exactly please
Thank you

I live in Mississauga Ontario Canada. How do I start plants inside, then bring them outside to continue to veg. Till June 20th.
what’s the process for this exactly please
Thank you

Hey there. I'm right close to you in etobicoke. It's still to early, you're looking to plant outdoors in May. But you would start in a tent under an indoor light. Maintaining it in soil as your median until you're you're almost ready to bring it outside.

Roughly 2 weeks before you want to transplant it outside you're going to want to harden your plant off, by increase its exposure to direct sunlight and less on the indoor light bulbs till keeping light on it for 16+h to keep it in vegetative state.

Ok this is my plan. Listen and tell me if this sounds ok. I’m going to germinate April 1. Then Put plants in tent then till
May 4.( May4 is when 14 hrs of sunlight is available and days getting longer. Then bring outside during days
And inside at night for 2 weeks
Or until there is no frost anymore.
so mid to end of may they will be outside for good.
Is that sound right?
Will they survive?

Ok this is my plan. Listen and tell me if this sounds ok. I’m going to germinate April 1. Then Put plants in tent then till
May 4.( May4 is when 14 hrs of sunlight is available and days getting longer. Then bring outside during days
And inside at night for 2 weeks
Or until there is no frost anymore.
so mid to end of may they will be outside for good.
Is that sound right?
Will they survive?

Shouldn't be too bad, early on while the Temps are too low I might recommend keeping them inside but at a window. It really depends on the temperatures. We are still possible to have snow In April. But won't know until then.

Temperatures are acceptable around 16+ degrees, ideally 24ish-28, so those strong July afternoons could be rough, but not too bad if there is a breeze. I havent done an outdoor grow yet, but ill have one this year.

Shouldn't be too bad, early on while the Temps are too low I might recommend keeping them inside but at a window. It really depends on the temperatures. We are still possible to have snow In April. But won't know until then.

Temperatures are acceptable around 16+ degrees, ideally 24ish-28, so those strong July afternoons could be rough, but not too bad if there is a breeze. I havent done an outdoor grow yet, but ill have one this year.
What do you think about the daylight hours outside?14 hrs+
And in tent is 18/6
Won’t that make it flower?
If I stress it?

I have them in fabric pots as we’ll

here’s my first grow outside, but I took them out may24 last year.

F06D02B9-DEFF-445D-8768-93D9D39025F8.jpeg

F8F0693B-0AE7-4A72-8C66-F06CF83A2732.jpeg

3082580F-5FBB-4EA2-AC47-5AA93A13717D.jpeg

34348F1A-BF8D-43FF-8A05-122B69911D75.jpeg

EA2C69B3-DB47-472A-8CEC-6B3534CF0FC6.jpeg

8CAF6B73-736F-44DD-906B-6B404D90F461.jpeg

47CA8202-F961-42F3-9361-9928A4B64E5A.jpeg

Can you see the grasshopper in last pick?
wicked. Best defence!

Looks pretty good. I always felt bringing them outside in May is best option. May 24 weekend is roughly the best time to prevent the flowering cycle
So bringing them out and putting inside at night for couple of weeks before May 24 is ok, right? Then by may 24 they will have 15 hr daylight.
But in tent it’s 18/6
Still it won’t flower right?
I want to veg

Slowly drop your timer in the tent 15 minutes a week until you are at 14h30min lights on or even 15 hours on. Going from 18 to 14 straight away will almost guarantee flowering starts. I do this every year but on the other side of the world. You want to minimise the difference in hours of light between outside and the tent or use a gas lantern routine to keep the hours as close to the tent as possible.

Slowly drop your timer in the tent 15 minutes a week until you are at 14h30min lights on or even 15 hours on. Going from 18 to 14 straight away will almost guarantee flowering starts. I do this every year but on the other side of the world. You want to minimise the difference in hours of light between outside and the tent or use a gas lantern routine to keep the hours as close to the tent
The last picture zoom in
Slowly drop your timer in the tent 15 minutes a week until you are at 14h30min lights on or even 15 hours on. Going from 18 to 14 straight away will almost guarantee flowering starts. I do this every year but on the other side of the world. You want to minimise the difference in hours of light between outside and the tent or use a gas lantern routine to keep the hours as close to the
How many weeks old can I start taking them outside and bring them in at night?
And at what week should start lowering the timer in tent?
Assuming I start seed April 1st

Appreciate the help!

I can't answer that for you as I live on the very tip of southern Africa. I am able to get three outdoor harvests a year. As for the timer. You need to work it out. The max I recommend going down is 15min a week. That's an hour a month. So work back from the date the daylight hours in your area are at least 14h30 min.
So that's 3 and a half hours from 18/6 light schedule. So you need to start 3 and a half months before that. Use a 17/7 schedule then you can do it in a month less. 16/ you take a month off. Hope I am making sense. I often just pop seeds and veg under 16/8 until a month and a half before I want them outside. Also factor in that they should grow for at least a month before being mature anyway.
If you have the space get some plants nice and big and just flower them in spring. Plant seeds at the same time you put those out and then you can have yourself a cheeky spring harvest and a banging outdoor Autumn harvest.

How many weeks old can I start taking them outside and bring them in at night?
And at what week should start lowering the timer in tent?
Assuming I start seed April 1st

Appreciate the help!
At how many weeks old should the plants be in vegetation with 17/7 inside. let’s say. Then ,at what week should I start counting the daylights down with 15 minutes a week going down to 15 hrs of real light out side is May 23

And!!! Should I change the 15 minutes all at once or 2 minutes a day
Appreciate it much!

You need to Google the daylight hours and find the exact day where there is 14h 30 min of daylight. If you use the 17/7 cycle from seeds then you simple work back. So you need to start dropping the timer 15min a week for two and a half months before you reach the daylight hours required to not let them flower. So with 17/7 start two and a half months before. Yes 15min a week in one go is how I do it. Any more and you are chancing that it flowers.
Hope it helps you

You need to Google the daylight hours and find the exact day where there is 14h 30 min of daylight. If you use the 17/7 cycle from seeds then you simple work back. So you need to start dropping the timer 15min a week for two and a half months before you reach the daylight hours required to not let them flower. So with 17/7 start two and a half months before. Yes 15min a week in one go is how I do it. Any more and you are chancing that it flowers.
Hope it helps you
Ok, how does this sound to you? I m going week by week now.

March 26 i germinate seeds 17/7
April 2. 16:45/7:15
April 9. 16:30/7:30
April 16. 16:15/7:45
April 23. 16/8
April 30. 15:45/8:15
May 7. 15:30/8:30
May 14. 15:15/8:45
May 21. 15/9
May 23 is 15 hrs of Sun. Outside

Also during the day a couple hours a day I will be taking them outside when nice weather around 5 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom