Outdoor harvest question

Treeibus

I have a question. Where I live the nights are getting down to the high 40's and the days 80's. Some of my plants this year are taking longer then the others... My question is what temp is to cold for them at night? Can I grow them out at these temperatures? Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks .

I second that, last year my crop was just fine into the low 40's - high 30's then up into the 8o's in the day. They endured that weather for almost three weeks before harvest with no ill effects.

Looks good - watch the dew point at night. When its close to the actual temp then the RH is 100% or very close. At night cold temps and dew point are bad. When you see fog - thats the dew point being met and GREAT conditions for mold.

My first outdoor grow this year. I live in Massachusetts. Its been down to 35 twice, regularly in the 40/50s. Other than turning purple, they seem to be doing well. Although, we had a massive storm come through last week, lost some branches....

I have a grower friend in Mass.... he's chopping some of his plants now and wind blew them around pretty good too. I'm in upstate NY same northern parallel as you. I chopped today.

Dew point too close to night temps for my comfort level. Better to have some harvest than moldy buds.

Yeah, I hear ya. Its supposed to me nice and sunny the next two days, then rain over night into Monday. My plan is to chop late Saturday, and most of Sunday. Trichomes look like they are ready.

Originally from Syracuse myself.

I have a question. Where I live the nights are getting down to the high 40's and the days 80's. Some of my plants this year are taking longer then the others... My question is what temp is to cold for them at night? Can I grow them out at these temperatures? Any info would be greatly appreciated thanks .

They're so tough they'll withstand 2 frosts. My experience. Let them go shes fine

I live in Ontario Canada. I am growing some large Ak47 plants, mine have so far withstood 2 frosts, and are being battered with rain for the last week. I am checking them diligently every day to check for the first sight of bud rot. O and the temps have been about 35-40 everynight with only about 50-55 during the day. If they make it through the next 3 days of cold and rain its supposed to get warmer and sunnier again lol

I live in Ontario Canada. I am growing some large Ak47 plants, mine have so far withstood 2 frosts, and are being battered with rain for the last week. I am checking them diligently every day to check for the first sight of bud rot. O and the temps have been about 35-40 everynight with only about 50-55 during the day. If they make it through the next 3 days of cold and rain its supposed to get warmer and sunnier again lol
Its fine.

I'm at the same Latitude as you I live in Boston so I know your concern. But from my experience they can take cold well

I get nervous when it's close to 40 and windy. I will cover em w something like a sheet . I am breeding so it's probably a bit more crucial but those numbers are safe in my opinion

Definitely safe. But be careful when u cover them if no airflow that can cause other issues. Looks to be some dry windy weather over next 10 days with one rain shower. If it stays that way you're good! They'll dry out

The first year I grew I had the same question and started researching. Last year I deliberately left two plants on the patio and did a photo journal of sorts showing the plants and telling what the weather pattern was.

The plants will handle frost, and light freezes, and light snow falls without a problem. After the harvest mentioned in the link below I left a couple of stems with popcorn buds and leaves on the plants and left them on the patio. When the temps dropped to 25 F over two nights the plants gave up.

The link to that thread on this message board....
https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/we-are-past-the-frost-warnings-or-the-lady-finally-sang-the-last-song.474763/

Back
Top Bottom