Outdoor Hydro

Romulus

Hi all,

I am trying to find info about growing hydro outdoors. It's spring here and coming into summer soon so it's a perfect time to grow. Would a greenhouse be better? I have grown indoors and harvested at 12 weeks, is this the same outdoors with hydro?

I finally got my prescription for thc/cbd oil, but want to make my own blend targetting my medical issues.

Hi Romulus.... I think the only issue you may have down the road with running a hydro system outdoors is dealing with the extra water whenever it rains, it might over water your plants or put the ph off and cause issues, I think running it outside in a green house is the best route to take, This way you still have most of the control of the environment around your plants to keep them healthy. I have learned whenever growing with hydro things grow and change quicker so it may take less weeks to finish, also depends on if your growing photo's or auto's. What type of hydro are you going to run? .... DWC, NFT, Ebb n Flow, fabric pots and coco etc?.... Glad to see I'm not the only one trying to cut the middle man out of meds and make our own :)

Hi all,

I am trying to find info about growing hydro outdoors. It's spring here and coming into summer soon so it's a perfect time to grow. Would a greenhouse be better? I have grown indoors and harvested at 12 weeks, is this the same outdoors with hydro?

I finally got my prescription for thc/cbd oil, but want to make my own blend targetting my medical issues.
There are a lot of websites devoted to the various hydro styles of outdoor growing. Some gardeners will be growing plants in a water system and not using a soilless mix to hold the roots. On the other side of the outdoor hydro are those who do use coco or rockwool to hold the roots.

I am surprised that you are trying to find info because it sounds like you have not found much.

Do a google search or use your favorite search engine and the key words are:
outdoor hydroponics

Then look into top feed, aeroponic, or flood and drain. Each of these are a system that might be adaptable to Marijuana. Do individual searches for each hydro system. I believe that you will find other types of systems being talked about once you get your research on a roll.

I do not use a cell phone to do searches. Most of the time either the web browser or the phone company tries to cut down on bandwidth and limits the searches and then replaces it with advertisements. Use a computer, even a notebook will be easier to find results.

Good luck and have fun.

Hi Romulus.... I think the only issue you may have down the road with running a hydro system outdoors is dealing with the extra water whenever it rains, it might over water your plants or put the ph off and cause issues

Using covered reservoirs can greatly limit that, and also greatly slow evaporation rates. If doing DWC, don't use a 14" net pot when all you really need is a 4" or less because the vast majority of the plant's roots will be in the reservoir, not the "starter cup" anyway. Covered reservoirs also help keep "organic crap" from getting into them. Run large reservoirs. Pay attention to temperature range. Consider at least partially burying reservoir to slow temperature swings. If it's hot and sunny, you'll go through a lot of water anyway, because plant will transpire large amounts - this will likely mean that you can/should use a more dilute nutrient solution. Never allow reservoir to run dry. Aerate, aerate, aerate!

Back
Top Bottom