Outdoor lighting for flowering?

Truth Seeker

ok I am growing 2 Afgoo's outside and i am still vegging so dont go thinking that i am trying to flower with these long days still going!!! lol anyways, i have been trying to find an answer to my question about lighting outside, where my ladies sit, it has light coming from a street light about a good 100 yards away and then another light about 400 yards away, then also i got my patio light that is about 40 feet away... now my question is, with an indoor grow, during flowering you are supposed to keep it pitch dark inside the room... does the same rule apply for the outdoors??? cus its kinda hard to keep it dark when the street lights are out of my control, does it matter to her being outside??? I hope somebody can clear this up for me!!!!

:peacetwo:

YES ASTONER, u should try and keep it as dark as possible, she should only get the light thats emitted from the moon and nothing more.

i completely agree it needs complete darkness or else it will get confused and it might become a hermaphrodite which is what happend to me the first time i grew outside and if that happens you will be stuck with a mix of bud and seeds so try to keep em out the light mybe bring them in at night and out in the morning

good luck hope everything goes well:goodluck:

Can you cover them for 12 hours per day?

well if shes flowering she should be receiving 12 hrs of complete darkness at night and 12 hrs of light during the day..

if the street lighting is that much of a problem at night id suggest putting a big black trash bag over her at night, and removing it of course every morning.

If you do decide to go with this idea, u should be just fine without any hermies.

:goodluck:

Fake paper-mâché boulder, lol. Or if it's not too large, a big trash can (with lid) that you cut the bottom out of. White or aluminum for best heat-rejection, of course.

id suggest working ur flowering schedule to where u can just put the bag over her at night rather than during the day....covering her during the day is gonna be more of a hassle because ud have to make sure the plants dont get overheated.

Back
Top Bottom