Outdoor lighting questions

4king2bee0

Greetings all, I have been searching to try and find some good info on lighting outdoors but maybe my search queries aren't being entered correctly because I get a lot of garbage.

Anyway, I'm trying to grow for the first time and figured I would start outdoors while I work on researching the best indoor setup for me. I'm struggling with locations and lighting. I know in indoor setups you see 18/6 then 12/12 but obviously due to cloud cover and unforeseen weather conditions it is safe to say that these same numbers are not likely outdoors.

Can anyone out there tell me what the bare minimum of direct sunlight is?

Are there strains that are known to perform better in lower light conditions?

Oh yeah, while I'm here any tips on keeping the deer and rabbits away?

Thanks in advance.

4king2bee0

It really depends on where you are located. If you are in the desert, direct sunlight can easily burn your plants. If you are in a northern state, you will want to give it as much sunlight as possible.

There are literally thousands of strains and hybrids... grow what you want to use and plant accordingly.

Chicken wire at least 3 feet around the exterior of your plant and at least 4 feet high.

Thanks for the tips. Im up in northern Iowa. I'm going to experiment with a few different locations and see how they go.

Back
Top Bottom