Outdoor Medical Blue Planet Grow - OG Kush - Purple God Bud - Jah Kush

It is that time of the year again to get some more plants going outside. This will be my 4th year growing outside and my plants/buds have been getting better and better each year so I am hoping that trend continues. I will be growing 3 plants again, we are allowed to grow 6 in CO, 3 veg and 3 flowering plants so I figure I will stay within the limits. I have 3 strains this year that consist of OG Kush, Purple God Bud, and Jah Kush. Two are in 15 gallon containers (Purple God Bud and Jah Kush) and the OG is in one of my raised bed veggie gardens. My raised bed in 12" tall and I dug an additional hole where the MJ is planted that is 2-3 feet wide and at least 2 feet below the bottom of the raised bed, it has a good 3-3.5 feet of downward root growth. I have smoked a ton of OG and like it, never have tried the PGB although I have smoked God bud which I liked and the Jah Kush has been floating around the dispensary I go to for the last couple weeks and it is very nice. I bought and put the plants outside the following days: OG Kush on 5/12, Purple God Bud on 5/19, and the Jah Kush today 5/24.

We usually get a ton of sunshine in CO, 300+ days a year which makes for some nice fast growth. Unfortunately the season is rather short (Mid May-Mid October) compared to folks out on the west coast but I guess you have to make due. I can usually put them outside May 10th- 15th and not have to worry about bringing the potted ones inside. Sometimes the temps drop a little low in the beginning and end of the season in which case I cover them to keep temps up overnight. This year I think I will build something to use as a makeshift greenhouse/cover to keep the plants warm and dry come October when the temperatures can drop around freezing and become quite wet some years.

Particulars:

Outdoors, Colorado

Containers: 2-15 gallon pots, 1 plant is in the middle of a raised bed vegetable garden.

Growing plan: Probably going to f.i.m. or top them in a ton of spots and try to get them nice and bushy

Weather:
MAY-Generally wettest month of season and average high temps of 71 degrees and lows of 42 but it has been unusually hot this year (already got up to 93)
JUNE: dry and 82 avg. hi 47 avg low
JULY: dry and hot 89 degree avg. hi 57 avg low
AUGUST: Hot and dry 86 degree avg. high 55 avg low
SEPTEMBER: Cooler and dry 78 avg high 47 avg low
OCTOBER: Coldest month of growing season 67 avg hi 35 avg lo.

Medium: Roots 707 soil with some worm castings mixed in bottom 2/3 of containers.

Nutrients: Blue Planet Nutrients 3 part elite, Cal Mag, Botanicare Hydroplex and carb boosters for bloom.

Strains (info pasted from seedbank site):
OG Kush- Indica, lady at dispensary said she believes it to be sativa, however most info I find says indica.
Genetics - Los Angeles Kush x SFV strain
Harvest - Mid September

Jah Kush- Sativa dominant
Genetics: Light of Jah x O.G. Kush
Flowering: unknown although I am guessing it will be mid October, they all seem to finish around then.

Purple God Bud- Indica 75 / Sativa 25
Genetics - God Bud x Hawaiian Purple Indica
Harvest - Mid October, heavy yielder

I will post some pictures tomorrow or Saturday.

Re: Outdoor medical Blue Planet Grow. OG Kush/ Purple God Bud/ Jah Kush

I Love the outdoor grows! Im an outdoor grower myself. not too many on this site. Glad I got front row seat :) very excited to watch this grow out. Don't be afraid to stop by and take a look at my outdoor garden :)

Sounds good man and I love the outdoor grows too. So much easier and cheaper than indoors, plus the plants can get HUGE if you treat em right. I will check yours out too, I like to keep up with all the outdoor grows on here. As you said, too bad they are not more on here to check out. Indoor grows/journals tend to blend together and kind of start to look the same after a while to save the really unique and incredible setups.

1st time grower here - enjoying the outdoors as well. Looking forward to the pics.

By the looks of your July/August weather have you ever thought about providing a little shade from the sun? I've used Agribon row cover in my garden. It comes in varying shade intensities measured as a percent. I don't know - maybe its not even necessary?

II have seen that stuff but have never used it, my plants have always seemed to love all the sun they can get. The more the better in book, I just make sure they have plenty of water in the really hot, dry months.

I might look into using that stuff for my cover for the cold months though.

Took some pictures today, here they are.

Purple God Bud

DSC015935.JPG

Jah Kush

DSC015891.JPG

OG Kush

DSC015953.JPG

Veggie Garden 1 (with OG Kush) Left to right: Broccoli, spinach, lettuce, strawberries up front, and corn on right

DSC015984.JPG

Veggie Garden 2: (peppers, cucumber, tomatoes)

DSC015995.JPG

Fantastic...plants look good...that one in the ground...want bushy???LST---TOP---Clone...top it 10 times see what she looks like...i don't worry too much about the temp..although i did have some purple plants...my problem was the rain storms...had to pull early..scared of bud rot...but it was all good...still smoking on last year...good luck on your grow..i'll be checkin in time to time...need all the knowledge i can filter through the smoke..:thumb:

Thanks guys. And yes on the topping, in my original post post I said I was undecided about whether to top or fim but I went with the fimming. The og in the ground has gotten it in 4 spots so far.

Thanks and welcome JBC. I love the outdoors too, takes a little more patience but quite a bit less tlc and they get huge. I just realized the og I planted on may 12th is gonna get like 5.5 months in the ground should make for an interesting journal and some monsters too. I'll put some pictures up later.

Here are some pictures taken today. The two smaller, potted plants (Jah Kush and Purple God Bud) were cut really uniquely and ended up growing really cool. They were both really slow growers at first because the dispensaries cut the plant off on the main stem, not just the growth top so I have a couple of wishbone plants now.

OG Kush

DSC016164.JPG

DSC016132.JPG

DSC016125.JPG

Purple God Bud

DSC016084.JPG

DSC016097.JPG

Jah Kush

DSC016105.JPG

DSC016116.JPG

you and miwa and me three.

These plants are looking great!!! Back to the training, Are you gonna LST any of these kids? Lst can REALLY help increase the yield on some of these bad girls(knock on wood) Take a look around at some LSTd plants, they REALLY bush out great and theres so many different things you can do with it. Me and miwa^ both have some LSTs going so stop by one of our journals! or both! :Namaste:

Hope you got the bugs dialed in. Im sure you do with those nice veggie plants too... been a bit of a problem for me but things will come together as I treat. Mostly miners. Whats do you use for your pesticide/insectiside?

+reps!

Probably no plans do lst/tie down unless it is to get Sun to an area that is totally blocked. I have found from last year I can get a super bushy like 4 feet across and only 3-3.5 tall with minimal topping (two-four different spots) and a shorter grow time so they will get crazy bushy this year, og has already been topped or fimmed in either 5 or 6 spots.

I never have had many problems with bugs fortunately. I will usually buy ladybugs once a month or so and let them go to town and I also have some neem oil but have only had to use that on some corn no herb. Leaves on my mj will get nibbled on from time to time but nothing that isn't normal.

Lady Bugs is good..i just treat my plants like they have bugs..that way i'm hoping i don't get them...something like an ounce of prevention...how much was your yield per plant last year..i didn't weigh mine but i have plenty left...:thumb:

Ya it is always nice to stay ahead of all foreseeable problems and not be suprised and get your harvest ruined. Off the two potted plants (Brazilian amazonian and killa chem) I got 4 ounces a piece so half pound total. The OMFG (og kush and matanuska thunderfuck) yielded slightly over two ounces. I had to harvest all 3 about 2 weeks early due to an unforseen temporary out of town job so probably coulda yielded more if they were allowed to ripen up.

Welcome cmitch and I am pretty happy with the strains as well. Didn't even realize all 3 are kush crosses until I thought about it after they were in the ground. I will check out your grow when i get home later, I love indoor to outdoor grows. I did one two years ago. Started 3 plants inside in early March so they were already 2 feet when they went outside.

Back
Top Bottom