Outdoor Organic Balcony Stealth Quadlining: White Widow/Gorgonzola

@Stunger, sometimes even a slow seed will come around and start pushing up. It can take up to two weeks for some seeds to get going. I'm sure your power amp has just the right temperature!

Looks like stealth skills will still be in demand. :rolleyes:

Hi Emeraldo, I will definitely let them carry on in the hope that they'll pop. I have read how some can germinate after a very long time but normally for me everything will pop after just 1 or 2 days. When a seed hasn't popped I have continued to let them try but I so far have never had success after a prolonged length of germination time they just eventually seem to be found to be 'mushy' or when left for even longer they've developed mould and still found to be mushy.

Curiously when the current seeds that haven't so far germinated were first given a pre-soak in water they stayed floating even after I repeatedly tried to 'poke' them below the surface tension, but the ones I kicked off yesterday sank once I poked them below the surface tension, I have never really bought into the idea of seeds being viable or not based on floating/sinking idea as it has always seemed to me that some do both and still pop, but anyway it was interesting to observe the second lot all sink. I am keeping fingers crossed!

Whoooop Stunger I'm so excited to watch you start the growing season!!

:cheer: :ganjamon::snowboating:

Pity about the ones that haven't popped so far. Great to see @WeedSeedsExpress in here with the exceptional support as always.

ELection weekend :lot-o-toke::tommy:
Thanks Sy. I appreciate the support of WeedSeedsExpress too, it matches up to their superbly informative website and my experience of making my previous order, top people.

The seeds that so far have failed to begin germinating were the biggest fattest ones that I choose to start, so perhaps if there was compression that occurred the biggest ones would be the most susceptible to any resulting damage. Yesterday for another round I picked the smallest seeds from the same strains to give a scuff and soak to. This morning I took a peak under the damp paper towels that I put the seeds into last night, and after just 12 hours there is a wee root tip appeared on the latest Godfather OG (thank godfather for that!) and what looks like a similar smaller beginning for the latest GDP seed, altho the latest Mexican Sativa (a non WSE seed) doesn't appear to have yet made a start so far, but this latest batch has only been going 12 hours and I am continuing to attend to the first group seeds in the hope they will also eventually start but given the new ones have began after 12 hours I am less hopeful for the earlier ones who have had 5 days so far. but fingers crossed.

Speaking of fingers crossed, this referendum is somewhat nerve wracking. Many people have voted earlier and only this week have a large group of doctors stood up to support the Yes vote, and also the Justice Minister has only just mentioned more strongly that prohibition does not work, it seems a bloody shame they couldn't have done this earlier, it seems a bit late, I feel many have made early votes for No from all the idiotic unhelpful scaremongering, I mean F*ck no one wants an illegal unregulated alcohol market in our society, even if I wasn't a weed supporter I'd still prefer to know that people have the legal support of weed they can trust being sold and not dusted in P or some other crap, and with such a high percentage of the public using weed, it makes sense for legalizing for tax, proper health and support too. :lot-o-toke:

Even if the Yes vote only gets 40% surely they can't continue this prohibitionist bullshit. At least this will have got a big public conversation going that didn't exist in NZ before. You can tell I am hoping for hope here. :goodluck:

Anyway, I'm getting my fishing gear ready, tonight there is a good high tide and if the wind stays down I'll go fishing tonight with my brother and hopefully get some snapper to take home. We'll be harbor fishing from the rocks and each of us have our dynavaps to enjoy a vape while we talk shit and wait for the fish to bite. I'm looking forward to it! :ganjamon:

Great news on this next round of seeds! 12 hours is nothing!

As for the referendum, I'm suspending all predictions for now, but will leave a tiny space for hope. I don't know if this is true, but I always thought that early voters tended to be more liberal/progressive leaning (EDIT: Nevermind apparently it's the opposite).

Yeah.. it's impossible to call at this point!

Prohibition is awful.. I just watched a remarkable documentary on the history of it in the States. It's a wild ride.

Hey, enjoy the fishing! Get away from all this for a bit. :ganjamon: :meditate::Namaste:

Nice strain variety Stunger, I'm in for the adventure. :popcorn:

To bad about the referendum. Almost sounds like they intentionally muffled the expert opinions until the last minute. I guess we have to look at who benefits the most with prohibition in place. Whos bottom line is affected by legalization/decriminalization of cannabis. Hard to believe it's 2020, with some of these 1950 laws that govern us still.

Well, election day has passed, and Jacinda Ardern and the Labour party have got a majority of the vote, the Green Party who really pushed for a Cannabis Yes vote has also done well.

That leaves us guessing as to how the Cannabis referendum has gone. I feel it is going to be close, but how close, and will it get over the line? That's very tricky to say. And what happens if it fails to break 50% and the Yes vote is still a sizeable chunk of the population. If in the event the Yes vote has been lost we must now be in the best 'backup' position, as Jacinda Ardern doesn't need cooperation with the other parties to drive forward a more liberal approach towards Cannabis.

I feel just by having the referendum it has been really fantastic in creating an environment that has supported a social conversation about it, slowly at first as people weren't brave enough to 'come out' and support it, but it has brought out some high profile people including former 3 term Prime Minister Helen Clark to say it was ridiculous having the expense of helicopters hovering over kiwi bush while people just wanted to enjoy a joint instead of a glass of wine at the end of the week. And the Justice minister too and a general groundswell of admission to use by others. It is such an exciting and nervous time to know how close we are to a potentially awesome change ahead.

What can I say, keep your fingers crossed everyone 'cause it's harder to bite your nails!
:hookah::goodluck::nomo::tommy::reading420magazine::adore::cheer::nervous-guy::morenutes::hug:

Well, if the NZ-folks who voted yes do not amount to a majority but are still close enough, like 45% of the voting population, they are still a force to be reckoned with. Probably as you say the new government will be able to set new policy. The easiest way to go here is to relax enforcement (of the prohibition) in practice. Cannabis could remain illegal on the books in the short run but the police will be instructed back off arresting for private use. It's the first step toward legalization as it has occurred elsewhere.

Well, election day has passed, and Jacinda Ardern and the Labour party have got a majority of the vote, the Green Party who really pushed for a Cannabis Yes vote has also done well.

That leaves us guessing as to how the Cannabis referendum has gone. I feel it is going to be close, but how close, and will it get over the line? That's very tricky to say. And what happens if it fails to break 50% and the Yes vote is still a sizeable chunk of the population. If in the event the Yes vote has been lost we must now be in the best 'backup' position, as Jacinda Ardern doesn't need cooperation with the other parties to drive forward a more liberal approach towards Cannabis.

I feel just by having the referendum it has been really fantastic in creating an environment that has supported a social conversation about it, slowly at first as people weren't brave enough to 'come out' and support it, but it has brought out some high profile people including former 3 term Prime Minister Helen Clark to say it was ridiculous having the expense of helicopters hovering over kiwi bush while people just wanted to enjoy a joint instead of a glass of wine at the end of the week. And the Justice minister too and a general groundswell of admission to use by others. It is such an exciting and nervous time to know how close we are to a potentially awesome change ahead.

What can I say, keep your fingers crossed everyone 'cause it's harder to bite your nails!
:hookah::goodluck::nomo::tommy::reading420magazine::adore::cheer::nervous-guy::morenutes::hug:

Was certainly the best result we could have hoped for. Hopefully Labour doesn't continue pandering too hard to the centre, and the Greens can hold them in check from the other side!

In any case, a resounding symbolic victory for the left. :snowboating::surf:

The easiest way to go here is to relax enforcement (of the prohibition) in practice. Cannabis could remain illegal on the books in the short run but the police will be instructed back off arresting for private use.

This is supposedly already the status quo here in NZ. However it mostly pertains to recreational use. I would still worry as a homegrower.

One of the MP's who has lost his seat in the election was Shane Jones who a week or two ago said it would be a thousand years before he voted Yes in for legal cannabis. It shows the absolute f*cking hypocrisy that exists when this morning he is quoted as saying he had consumed about a gallon of red wine last night. I like a wine or beer too, but cannabis would be my main go to. It is so annoying when turkeys like this get publicly inebriated yet want to disallow others from choosing a toke instead. Mike Hoskings is another like that, filmed staggering drunk out of a nightclub but has the audacity to judge someone peacefully toking a joint. Personally I think anyone should be free to sensibly enjoy alcohol or cannabis, life's too short and sometimes stressful where having something to reach for that can lift spirits is not a bad thing.

When is the final tally done?

November 6, 2pm local time.
Mumble 500 000 special votes mutter mutter posted from overseas mumble.

dusted in P

You are fscking kidding me?!
What is the matter with people?

Whos bottom line is affected

Private prison owners. In our case Serco.

I’m holding onto any hope they pass more than wind. Legalise

Weedalise league :headbanger:

Congrats on the bean drop, Koro!

One of my least favorite journalist's who in the buildup to the New Zealand election was constantly imploring her readership to vote No in the Cannabis referendum. Today I see she has penned a piece where she is getting concerned that the swing to the left on election night may have meant that a higher proportion of those voters could have cast a Yes vote and she is now worried that the referendum may have tipped towards to the Yes voters.

It is interesting that most polls had the Yes vote falling short but Helen Clark's UMR poll had the Yes vote at 49% for and 45% against. There were also figures posted of the breakdown within parties for those Yes votes, such as 62% within Labour, 26% within National, 82% within Greens. I don't know about ACT or the remaining minor parties but if I attribute 40% of Yes voters from ACT and the small parties which I feel is pretty conservative then I get an estimation of 50.24% Yes vote majority.

If you speculate that some people who responded to polling may not want to divulge that they would vote Yes, they may choose to hide their intentions from their party or pollsters so my 40% estimate for ACT and the smaller parties could be too low but it seems encouraging that maybe there is a half decent chance that the Yes vote will be a majority. Here's to hoping!

And in depth armchair analysis!
I know, I can't help it! I am constantly checking and wondering if it has got over the line. If it passes it would be absolutely fantastic. For the next 10 days or so I'm riding that wave of euphoric hope!
:rollit:

I know, I can't help it! I am constantly checking and wondering if it has got over the line. If it passes it would be absolutely fantastic. For the next 10 days or so I'm riding that wave of euphoric hope!
:rollit:
You and me both brother.

Back
Top Bottom