Outdoor Organic Balcony Stealth Quadlining: White Widow/Gorgonzola

Hey Stunger! Hope all is well, bro!
Hey Scott, It has been a while for this thread. Well, I had little sativa and that always helps! :surf:
So, two and a half years after this post, I was wondering if you learned anything about sex determination before flower?
Each time I've grown out regulars I have tried to check for signs very early on for what the gender could be. I have done that by taking photos as close up and as clearly as I can of the early gender structures, and then enlarging them on the screen to look at them better. I feel now, that for males there is a certain appearance of a 'crab claw' that has so far always turned out to be male. Previously I have just noted it and then verified it when multiple balls appeared, so if I saw that now I'd probably throw the plant if I didn't want a male.

I have a Gorilla glue that is 5 weeks into veg but will soon be putting 4 female cafe racers outside next weekend and the following week-end. Strongest to weakest. I don't want these ladies pollinated.
I would guess or hope, that any pollination that occurred would be randomly small causing just a few seeds, as opposed to someone growing a male very close to you, like a friend did the previous year with a male that heavily seeded his girls to nearly 60% of bud weight from memory, and in his case it was his male that was growing in the same outdoor area.
So how did that "colloidal Silver" work out? As a Canadian, there is only 1 outdoor harvest and have only 2 small grow spaces indoor, and wouldn't want to waste neither space nor electricity.
I didn't have any success with it. I tried it on 3 plants at different times, pre and post flowering, selectively spraying them up to 3 - 5 times a day. If I did it again I would try it with stronger CS, I was using 24ppm, but most folk that I have read of, who have used it with easy success seem to do so in the range of 50-80ppm, but I did see someone mention success with 20ppm :smokin:. If trying to reverse sex again I would perhaps go the STS route as that seems a bit more successful.

Cheers.

Hey Scott, It has been a while for this thread. Well, I had little sativa and that always helps! :surf:

Each time I've grown out regulars I have tried to check for signs very early on for what the gender could be. I have done that by taking photos as close up and as clearly as I can of the early gender structures, and then enlarging them on the screen to look at them better. I feel now, that for males there is a certain appearance of a 'crab claw' that has so far always turned out to be male. Previously I have just noted it and then verified it when multiple balls appeared, so if I saw that now I'd probably throw the plant if I didn't want a male.

I would guess or hope, that any pollination that occurred would be randomly small causing just a few seeds, as opposed to someone growing a male very close to you, like a friend did the previous year with a male that heavily seeded his girls to nearly 60% of bud weight from memory, and in his case it was his male that was growing in the same outdoor area.

I didn't have any success with it. I tried it on 3 plants at different times, pre and post flowering, selectively spraying them up to 3 - 5 times a day. If I did it again I would try it with stronger CS, I was using 24ppm, but most folk that I have read of, who have used it with easy success seem to do so in the range of 50-80ppm, but I did see someone mention success with 20ppm :smokin:. If trying to reverse sex again I would perhaps go the STS route as that seems a bit more successful.

Cheers.
Thanks, Stunger! Would you mind I I sent you a pic in a few weeks?

Back
Top Bottom