Outdoor - Polar Light & Passion #1

FoolsParadise

I haven't grown in quite a few years. My connection are friends who are having marital problems and I feel it's best to avoid them for a while. So I decided to try an autoflower. Purchased feminised Polar Light from Dutch Passion. It's suppose to be "the best" auto available. Nothing mentioned about the yield. I plan on growing it in the ground. Last frost date is end of May. I'm a light weight toker compared to years past (too many responsibilities these days) so the amount isn't as important as the time it takes to produce. Wondering if anyone else here has grown Polar Light? I also planted a feminised Passion #1. One of them sprouted today - but I may have mixed up the labels. doh! Guess I'll know for sure in another 3 weeks. Any comments or advice is appreciated.
FP

The other seed never popped. The seedling is nearing two inches tall and has a second set of true leaves. If the sun is shining, it gets a few hours outside. Otherwise it's hanging out with basil seedlings under 18 hrs. of flourescent light. Have two more feminized seeds soaking (Northern Lights and Low Girl) and will plant tonight. It's so nice to know they're all girls.
Happy growing,
FP

Thanks, BudStankalot!

Here are a couple photos:
As mentioned, I didn't bother labeling two seeds. One popped, the other didn't. The one seedling is in the center of the pic (ready to head outside with her buddies). It's been 11 days since she's sprouted and is 2" tall. If this were an autoflower, would it be bigger by now? It's had some sun light and 18 hrs a day directly under flourescent lighting. I'm guessing it's the Passion #1.

seedlings18.jpg

Here is a sorry looking Pure Power plant that sprouted sometime in April. A friend watched it for me while gone on vacation and it didn't get light. It's 4 of 10 that sprouted (really cheap seed company) and 2 of 4 that survived cats and no sun for a week. I culled the other survivor because it was male. Really hoping this is a girl but not holding my breath considering the stress it's taken.

ppp8.jpg

Gotta make hay. The sun's shining.
FP

Good news! That lanky plant is a lady. Woo hoo! She was in the back yard for about a week, getting accustom to sun and then finally transplanted on Friday. I should have prepared my plot in early spring like everyone here suggests. Digging through grass roots was a bitch. I add a good amount of leaf hummus. Tonight's forcast calls for hale so I have my fingers crossed. The other seedling is doing fine and still potted. The two seeds I planted also popped so I have a total of four girls. I still have one fem auto flowering seed left that I'll probably hold on to for next season. As a light weight, four plants will be more than enough (assuming they all mature).
FP

Finally checked on my plants night before last. It rained frequently in June so I didn't see a need to check them often. A few weeks ago, I thought I should water and on my way back to the car, LEO was patroling an access road at the metro park I leave my car at. My heart was racing. Luckily he didn't see me. Sat in the weeds for about 20 minutes to make sure he didn't make a second pass by. When I got home, I had a tick on me! Ah! So now when I check on the girls I shower with the dog's shampoo. Ah, the joys of guerilla gardening. Pure Power Plant is about 4 feet tall and has a lot of white hairs. Passion #1 isn't far behind but no signs of flowering yet. Can't find the self-flowering plant. Not sure if something ate it or the surrounding grass smothered it. Kept the Low Girl in a pot at the house and consumed it last week. Not much of a yield but a nice flavor.

Happy gardening, y'all.
FP

Finally checked on my plants night before last. It rained frequently in June so I didn't see a need to check them often. A few weeks ago, I thought I should water and on my way back to the car, LEO was patroling an access road at the metro park I leave my car at. My heart was racing. Luckily he didn't see me. Sat in the weeds for about 20 minutes to make sure he didn't make a second pass by. When I got home, I had a tick on me! Ah! So now when I check on the girls I shower with the dog's shampoo. Ah, the joys of guerilla gardening. Pure Power Plant is about 4 feet tall and has a lot of white hairs. Passion #1 isn't far behind but no signs of flowering yet. Can't find the self-flowering plant. Not sure if something ate it or the surrounding grass smothered it. Kept the Low Girl in a pot at the house and consumed it last week. Not much of a yield but a nice flavor.

Happy gardening, y'all.
FP

Congrats on the harvest. Also, congrats on the female. Those ticks are a bitch. My 2009 outdoor was tick city. I've had much better luck this time. I don't have to walk through the woods anymore. :slide:

Let's see some pics when you get a chance.

Later, Bro.

I harvested my last girl on Monday. Here's Northern Lights and the main cola. I'm guessing there are 5-6 oz once it's dried. Have the leaves in the crock pot with some butter as I type.

About a month ago, I checked on my girls and had a hard time finding the Pure Power Plant. A deer had eaten the stem near the ground. It was half dead so I made some decent butter out of it. That plant takes a lot of water so I will never grow it in the woods again. Deer almost took out the NL but I sprayed the stem with Critter Ridder. It had to be staked because they chewed through so much of it, yet didn't have one yellow leaf. Very tough plant that produced enough bud to last a light weight like me for at least 6 months maybe more.
FP

Back
Top Bottom