Outdoor Spacing

RayDawg24

Hey there I need to dig 14 holes I'm just curious if the holes are to close what do yall think 2ft deep and abt 1 feet and a half wide

20210211_165430.jpg

Hey there I need to dig 14 holes I'm just curious if the holes are to close what do yall think 2ft deep and abt 1 feet and a half wide

20210211_165430.jpg
I'm sure the plants will love those when you've filled in with a nice amended soil mix. I see the initial size being all down to how big you envisage the plants getting. Your set up looks good for producing a great harvest. If you want to look at some really big plants/trees, google 'mendo dope boys' and click images. They grow in 1000 gal above ground containers, you might be able to fit 3 of theirs in your earth garden! :rofl:

I wna grow some big healthy girls! As big as there genetics will allow them and im using black gold natural and organic soil with mico+ general hydroponics floral micro and recharge and kelp blast here are all the strains I'm pre veging then sticking out doors at the end of March when outdoor season starts in California I started these girls January something but the staring are

.gorlla zkittlez
.gelat og
.White widow
. Peyote wifi
.Peyote zkittlez
.Peyote gorilla
.critical purple kush
.black sugar
.blueberry
.hulkberry
.jack herer

IMG_20210211_180034.jpg

IMG_20210211_175954.jpg

Good start to an outdoor growing area. Looks like you picked a good spot for the garden. So many times I see people select a small area surrounded by trees and shrubs which will shade the plants. The general spacing in the first photo looks good.

Each one of your holes is about 3.5 cubic feet if they are indeed 2 feet deep. If you do 14 holes that comes out to 50 cubic feet or two cubic yards of your soil mix. That takes a lot of bags of the Black Gold potting mix which I feel is the wrong stuff to be using to fill the holes unless you add a lot of amendments. What you have there in the bag is a "potting mix" and is great for starting off most types of seedlings and even for growing a houseplant or some sort of ornamental plant that will not be getting large or having a lot of blossoms.

Look up Coots Soil recipes or SubCools recipe or just look up "supersoil mix". Do a google web page search or use your favorite search engine.

Get a local nursery to deliver 3 yards of soil mix. Call them for a price. lay a big tarp down in your driveway and dump there. Use wheel barrow to transport back to your patch.

Local nurseries should have a soil mix already prepared and some have several different mixes. MUCH better than anything bagged.

OR Coots mix FTW like I did.

I spaced my patch out last year about like yours. Was pretty tight come September. You in warmer climate you're gonna want more space. Plants get BIG AF outdoors. I wood plan on 4 feet all around each hole EASY 4 feet.

Plants get BIG AF outdoors. I wood plan on 4 feet all around each hole EASY 4 feet.
If you are outdoors with a half decent soil mix then yes, they'll easily grow to being 4 feet across. Last year on my crappy little balcony my plants exceeded that. This year I have trained them to stay under 4 feet across as otherwise I end up with no space to work on them. Like I said earlier, google some of the Mendo Dope Boy's outdoor plants for how big they can get. Good luck.

Haha interesting In a bad way?.. and no sir that's my American pitbull
Exactly the opposite, the best way!
Was very serious, I'm on for the ride :)

Get a local nursery to deliver 3 yards of soil mix. Call them for a price. lay a big tarp down in your driveway and dump there. Use wheel barrow to transport back to your patch.

Local nurseries should have a soil mix already prepared and some have several different mixes. MUCH better than anything bagged.

OR Coots mix FTW like I did.

I spaced my patch out last year about like yours. Was pretty tight come September. You in warmer climate you're gonna want more space. Plants get BIG AF outdoors. I wood plan on 4 feet all around each hole EASY 4 feet.
Screenshot_20210214-011702_Chrome.jpg
so for the costs mix do I have to buy all the stuff separately what comes with this one??

Nice so a super soil mix would be more beneficial to my grow situation I have like a 200$ budget to get bags of soil what would you suggest be the best option for me or your best bet for me
Each hole would have to be filled back in with a soil mix. Options on the extreme end include filling each hole with a mix using the bagged soil and some amendments which is the most expensive. Less expensive is to buy the basic top soils and compost and mix in the amendments.

Some of the least expensive methods involve buying some compost and mixing that in with the soil that you dug out of the holes. Then mix in a few amendments and fill the holes back up.

One woman I know just had someone roto-till the area for her and then she dug holes where each plant was going to go. She did not worry about adding any amendments or enhancers. Plants did well. She received no complaints about from the smokers, the edible customers or the people that used the salve she made.

Around here I have not noticed any nursery yard doing anything like adding amendments to soil or making any sort of custom super soil mix. Mostly it is just top soil or compost. Occasionally they will have piles of top soil mixed with compost.

Good point about ordering 3 yards of soil at one time. The cost of a yard of top soil or compost is relatively cheap. Delivery charges are more but just about every nursery will deliver 1 yard up to 5 yards for the same delivery price.

If I remember I will try to see if some of the smaller landscape nursery places around here will have custom soil mixes. Maybe something along a Coots mix or a SubCool mix.

Back
Top Bottom