OutdoorFranks First Indoor Adventure

Outdoorfrank

G'day im Outdoorfrank and Welcome to my first indoor grow , you may have seen me lurking around other journals for a while now but ive deiced to byte the bullet and give indoor a try!

strain

Unknown - mostly Sativa

Veg or Flower

Vegin

For how long

3 weeks

Indoor or outdoor?

:0 indoor

Soil or Hydro?

rockwool

light?

Topled reflector 300w - Real W - 115w veg 168w bloom

Is it aircooled?

Not yet

RH of Room/cab?

50%

PH of media or res?

Any Pests ?

Only me

How often are you watering?

Daily atm

Type and strength of ferts used?

Growth tech grow and bloom 500ppm

Heres a vid of my space at this time , any advice or comments are more then welcome :)

[video=youtube;KhiiI38pyow]
[/video]

Re: OutdoorFranks first indoor adventure.

ok so in my video i have two questions relating to watering and root rot, basically im using rockwool as my medium and watering every day but after almost 24 hours my rockwool is still very wet . also some of my roots protruding from the wool is getting 'fury' any advice?

Re: OutdoorFranks first indoor adventure.

:) getting excited , my tent should be here very soon in the meantime heres a pic of it

100cm x 100cm x 200cm
GrowPRO20MAIN_zps17faa28d.png

Hi Frank! Subbed - sorry if I don't come back too often, but every couple weeks I'm sure I'll pop in :)

I do my cloning in rockwool cubes and I too have seen those little hairs on roots that are exposed to air. No harm came of it, I wouldn't worry about that. You'll know if it's root rot - your plant will go from looking good to looking like total crap pretty quickly from what I've seen of root rot on this forum haha.

About watering, yeah I'd let it dry up a little bit more. Every day isn't necessary unless you start seeing signs of under-watering (that would be characterized by drooping) - in fact personally, I usually don't water until I see a little subtle drooping happen. Keep in mind that cannabis responds better to dry, desert-like conditions than wet, jungle-like ones. You want the root area moist, not drowned in water.

Hope this helps a bit - by the way your little unknown girl looks nice :cheer: thanks for sharing your grow here! I also liked the video, and your accent LOL, forgive me, I love European/Australian accents.
Stay green!

Pulling up a chair!

Thanks mate always welcome

Hi Frank! Subbed - sorry if I don't come back too often, but every couple weeks I'm sure I'll pop in :)

I do my cloning in rockwool cubes and I too have seen those little hairs on roots that are exposed to air. No harm came of it, I wouldn't worry about that. You'll know if it's root rot - your plant will go from looking good to looking like total crap pretty quickly from what I've seen of root rot on this forum haha.

About watering, yeah I'd let it dry up a little bit more. Every day isn't necessary unless you start seeing signs of under-watering (that would be characterized by drooping) - in fact personally, I usually don't water until I see a little subtle drooping happen. Keep in mind that cannabis responds better to dry, desert-like conditions than wet, jungle-like ones. You want the root area moist, not drowned in water.

Hope this helps a bit - by the way your little unknown girl looks nice :cheer: thanks for sharing your grow here! I also liked the video, and your accent LOL, forgive me, I love European/Australian accents.
Stay green!

thank you SoilGirl that helped ease my mind a great deal , i already freaked out and cut some cubes up to fill in the gaps so its even now and ive decided to water every 2'nd day and see how that goes as i have been over watering forsure

hopefully when my tent gets here ill pickup my production skills alittle so look forward to more detailed & hopefully interesting videos
Subscribed

Consider me subbed too! I have been growing in rockwool as well. When my plant was the size of yours, I watered every 48 hours.

cheers for dropping in i had seen your journal but required to read it again as i must have just scrolled for pics the first time around , im still over there but ive picked up afew things i missed the first time and im sure it will all come in handy as someone wise once said knowledge is power :)

Hi Outdoorfrank good to see other aussies here ive been here for about 5 years but its been about 2 years since i did a grow show i got busted growing 5 plants my so called friend got jealous and gave me up i laughed cause i got no conviction recorded and im back dont think they will bother again if they do im not worried at all times are changing for the better we are going down the road america is on but we are a bit behind hehe :thumb:

I see you are growing indoors a bit of a change from outdoors hey ,when i first started i started like you with rockwool etc etc and i found it more of a hassle than it was worth testing the water all time and all sorts of other things you must be alert to so i ended up just going with a nice potty mix canna terra pro and rain water and i never looked back my life is stress free ,im not saying every one should make it simple as can be but alot of growers tend to look into it to much when all you need is soil and water . If you need any help just ask not much i havent seen .

Hi Outdoorfrank good to see other aussies here ive been here for about 5 years but its been about 2 years since i did a grow show i got busted growing 5 plants my so called friend got jealous and gave me up i laughed cause i got no conviction recorded and im back dont think they will bother again if they do im not worried at all times are changing for the better we are going down the road america is on but we are a bit behind hehe :thumb:

I see you are growing indoors a bit of a change from outdoors hey ,when i first started i started like you with rockwool etc etc and i found it more of a hassle than it was worth testing the water all time and all sorts of other things you must be alert to so i ended up just going with a nice potty mix canna terra pro and rain water and i never looked back my life is stress free ,im not saying every one should make it simple as can be but alot of growers tend to look into it to much when all you need is soil and water . If you need any help just ask not much i havent seen .

Thanks for dropping by mate always glad to have a fellow aussie along for the ride :) , yea ive been growing outdoors since i was 7 :0 not smoking of course but i started by helping my mum grow crops by carrying water ect in bush as we looked for lantana to crawl into hollow out and grow in the middle of so i do have a far idea of what good soil and water can do :) gota love it but indoors is something that has always interested me but also scared me away with the cost of running and the danger / heat from hps lights also i rent atm so space and what i can do was limited untill i researched more about leds and grow tents and it all started to feel like something i could get away with haha also i love getting techy & often provide more love to these plants then is required so keeping ontop of Ph/ppm levels and setting up automatic feeds is right up my ally!

sad to hear about your so called "mate" its a real shame and i know the feeling luckily didnt have the bullwagon around but more a mate told someone else and they jumped the fence for one plant that was a good 4 weeks off and i later found out they went half's witch was just crazy as i had like 20 out bush that year and was well supplied and always happy to share but i guess they couldn't wait , losing the gear sucks but losing mates over it hurts more though i guess its better there "weeded" out of our lives hehe

All good Outdoorfrank what you said about helping your mum brings back many memories for me i used to love the out door grows just somthing about growing wild in bush :high-five:

Hey was wondering where do you get your seeds from ?? just old bag weed or do you buy them i get my seeds from herbies headshop in uk i have never had problem get them sent to my home where i grow never have a problem and its great knowing what your growing .:yahoo:

yep just random seeds from some nice gear bought last month was stoked there was one and when it poped well... :cheer: I'm almost convinced to give them a try now id love to have some known dna but was always paranoid customs would get them , do you select any special shipping options ?
Well i just go for super stealth i did used to sign for them but herbies said it was best just to get them in mail in stealth package ive done it 4 times now with no problems. But i wont have to do it again unless i want a certain strain at moment i have 1 male G13 x hashplant in my grow with 3 females im going to seed 1 budd on each plant so i will have some cross bread ( Zombie kush ) & (Afghan kush x skunk) and 100% ( G13 x hashplant) .

yum sounds good , well i think i might give them a try soon till then im thinking about just switching to 12/12 to see some results while i veg some others up bigger

as promised here's a vid

also the res & pump is all setup now on a timer for mon,wed,fri ,sun for 10 mins, had its first automatic feed tonight felt good :)

thanks for coming alone my friend your grow with the 48x3 reflector is inspirational

quick update today i found my tds pen "lost for afew days" so i checked my res and it was about 1200 ish and had already gone through one feed , the plants look great no bad effects yet but i know thats to much so i emptyed half my res and filled with tank water that took it down to around 550 and a ph of 6.0 so i left it there and flushed the plants for 10mins, gota say i do like being in control like that where as in soil in might take me weeks to get a good ph sorted but today i had it fixed in under 1 hour and most of that was letting my airstones aerate just to be sure :) kinda loving hydro atm

Back
Top Bottom